PDA

View Full Version : Relocating Mass Populations

Tikuto
2011-02-20, 05:25 AM
Assuming command works entirely different in the next game...

Relocating Mass Populations
It would be like selecting a building on an RTS game for units to spawn.

Commanders' Control
By allowing commanders of a zone decide where masses of populations should spawn would allows for improved strategies. Where there's a 1v1v1 stalement, an Empire commander could redirect their respawning populations coming from a flank position. (Primary)

Preventing Abuse
Each individual player will have their own spawn location(s) by default or selection. If a player disagrees with all zone commander's decided 'control respawns', they can select their own respawn point. (Secondary)
In the end, a bad respawn redirection will inevitably fall responsibility of he/she who proposed and all those proportionate who agreed. You are affecting players so they can affect your commandment, and thus a Primary Respawn can be revoked; reverted back to previously.

Summary

Primary Respawn (Command-controlled - default nearest AMS or facility if unselected)
Secondary Respawn (Soldier-controlled - default nearest facility if unselected)

Officers (commanders) can decide (select) two relocational respawns and agree (vote), and those responsible for it would be revealed.
Officers (commanders) can have only two Primary Respawn locations selected. Either Facility and AMS [or] two AMSs in the field.
Soldiers (non-commanders) can decide (select) one of their own personal "home base". Will need to travel to location.
Soldiers (non-commanders), excluding recent '"No"-voting' commanders, are allowed to express their concern of the relocated Primary Respawn. This can revert back to how Primary Spawn was previously.

Wrath
2011-02-20, 05:32 AM
no I dont want anybody but me and my squad mates deciding where I spawn

CutterJohn
2011-02-20, 05:39 AM
I'd prefer a mechanism whereby someone or some group decides on a base that is primary, and everyone gets an xp bonus while in that SOI.

I do not approve of methods by which one player can force another to do something. Who do they think they are? I pay the same $$ every month as they do. They have no right to order me to do anything.

Lead with carrot, not stick.

Tikuto
2011-02-20, 05:47 AM
EDITS:
Ok. Maybe douse it down from high command to platoon command:
Platoon Leader can select primary locations (multiple) for each squad or the whole platoon.
Squad Leader can promptly select their own primary location (single). Platoon Leader would be prompt.
Commanders of the zone could only suggest primary locations for Platoons and Squads.
Yeah that's sounding better already. :p

I do not approve of methods by which one player can force another to do something. Who do they think they are?One person proposes a Primary Repsawn and other commanders can either agree ro disagree with it, and all players in the end can appeal against it once it is active.

CutterJohn
2011-02-20, 06:50 AM
One person proposes a Primary Repsawn and other commanders can either agree ro disagree with it, and all players in the end can appeal against it once it is active.

Would it override my current spawn points?

Jonny
2011-02-20, 08:06 AM
One person proposes a Primary Repsawn and other commanders can either agree ro disagree with it, and all players in the end can appeal against it once it is active.

Sounds a bit like those "please untick this box if you don't want spam from these companies"

Aractain
2011-02-20, 08:23 AM
Interesting idea IMO covered in too much fluff. :P

How about the continent commander (Im assuming that imrpove that aspect) puts down a "Spawn" waypoint which gives all forces on the continent the ability to spawn at the AMS, Tower, Base, Whatever that is closest to the waypoint. Maybe just AMS. This simply adds to the other options they have.

Maybe just combine that functionality with the "attack" waypoint.

Lartnev
2011-02-20, 08:37 AM
I think merely highlighting the suggested respawn point would have the desired effect without the need to force it onto players. I like the idea that squad leader suggestion overrides platoon, and platoon overrides commander as it makes good use of the command hierarchy.

Tikuto
2011-02-20, 08:53 AM
Keep in-mind that this is not about the old Galaxy relocating players.
This is about the manipulation of Respawn locations.

Hamma
2011-02-20, 12:51 PM
I think merely highlighting the suggested respawn point would have the desired effect without the need to force it onto players. I like the idea that squad leader suggestion overrides platoon, and platoon overrides commander as it makes good use of the command hierarchy.

Indeed! Anytime you are able to force players into doing something that's going to lead to people being pissed off. :lol: