PDA

View Full Version : Out of control? What happened to it?

Peacemaker
2011-02-22, 12:35 AM
It used to be when you did enough damage to an enemy vehicle it would fail and you could not control them before the final few rounds are delivered. I always thought this was a nice touch especially for shooting down aircraft. Nothing made me happier than watching some prick in a reaver that just tried to jump me auger into the dirt. Its gone though. I say bring it back!

Traak
2011-02-22, 01:49 AM
I didn't even remember that. I thought it was a bug when it happened to me in my AMS.

DviddLeff
2011-02-22, 02:49 AM
People whined too much because it felt like a fake game mechanic.

Personally I quite liked it as it meant that vehicles couldn't escape as easily, it made people abandon damaged vehicles so they could be captured and it added to the flavour of combat.

CutterJohn
2011-02-22, 03:55 AM
People whined too much because it felt like a fake game mechanic.

Personally I quite liked it as it meant that vehicles couldn't escape as easily, it made people abandon damaged vehicles so they could be captured and it added to the flavour of combat.

People rightfully complained because it felt like a poor game mechanic whose sole purpose was to effectively make vehicles 10% easier to kill.

Aractain
2011-02-22, 03:56 AM
What if they put the 10% health AFTER the health hits zero (so its 10% free health) but your weapons etc all go offline? (and the shooter gets a vehicle disabled stat)

Baneblade
2011-02-22, 04:29 AM
Vehicles need hitboxes and debilitating performance when taking certain types of damage to certain locations of the vehicle, not the unimaginative 'free kill' feature.

DviddLeff
2011-02-22, 06:17 AM
What if they put the 10% health AFTER the health hits zero (so its 10% free health) but your weapons etc all go offline? (and the shooter gets a vehicle disabled stat)

This just makes it even easier for air cav pilots to bail.

CutterJohn
2011-02-22, 06:26 AM
flight suit and damage xp would solve all issues i have with aircav bailing.

Hamma
2011-02-22, 06:19 PM
I forgot all about the out of control mechanic.

It was a very annoying mechanic but useful.. :lol:

BorisBlade
2011-02-22, 08:30 PM
Not being able to bail if under 10% sounds fine, losing control is not. you can bail early if you want or try to ride it out like a man and see if you can make it out alive. Bailing is way too lame many times. Esp since you just bail out with a Heavy Assault in hand ready to fire as you fall, thats completely retarded. Now if you bailed out in a pilot suit with your standard issue pistol, then i say let ya bail all the time and any time, no "malfunctions" either.

Possibly a "pilot suit" that allowed for only the pistol slot and had no extra armor. But wearing the suit gave you some benefits such as anytime no malfunction bailing and maybe some other little bonuses that you wouldnt get in any other suit. Plenty of little tricks you could throw in there, maybe even some you get now would only be available with the suit.

Evilmp
2011-02-23, 10:28 AM
at 10%, instead of turning the aircraft into a coffin, why not allow the pilot to open the cockpit and jump out with some dampeners?

it wouldn't be an instant bail, but it wouldn't doom you either. you would have a delay of around 3 seconds or something.

basti
2011-02-23, 11:16 AM
Aww, i loved the OOC mechanic both as AA and as a Pilot. Seeing the enemy reaver going down slowy, hitting the ground, was joy. Flying a reaver, getting shot, and going down, thinking "GOTTA GET OUT GOTTA GET OUT GOTTE GET OUT" was also joy. Never really understood why they took it out.

Peacemaker
2011-02-23, 12:16 PM
I'd be enormously happy if they just added it back to aircraft. And no bailing. It was just cool to watch someone auger into the dirt.