PDA

View Full Version : GDC - Reckon we will see any news?

DviddLeff
2011-02-28, 11:36 AM
Thoughts?

SOE itself does not appear to be an exhibitor...

basti
2011-02-28, 11:52 AM
Okay, seriously, enough!

Can you guys PLEASE stop spamming thread that just contain NOTHING? Im getting sick of trying to read all the stuff, just to find out that most of it is completly useless crap.

Leff: Seriously, what answere do you expect? Nobody can say anything about that topic at all.

goddamn
/rage

Please guys, please, stop with this nonsense. You dont need to start a thread for everything thats on your mind. Instead of just pooping everything you got, think about your ideas more carefully, and get a full blown concept out rather than "Got an idea, lets have H-Bombs in the game, comments?"

Jackale
2011-02-28, 12:27 PM
I'm hoping to hear something this week at least, if not maybe at PAX East next week? Gotta get my PS:N fix.

Hamma
2011-02-28, 03:09 PM
Ease up there basti, there are no rules that state you can't create a thread. This is a valid topic - sure we don't have answers but that does not mean that it can't be discussed. If the thread topic looks redundant or like something you don't want to read just mark it read :)

And the answer is almost certainly no to the question, SOE is not at either conference.

Raymac
2011-02-28, 04:06 PM
SOE's gotta officially announce something soon....anything. Right?

EDIT: I really really want to start a thread that says "Got an idea, lets have H-Bombs in the game, comments?" just to see how hard Basti can really rage. Must...resist...temptation...to be...total...jerkass

Jackale
2011-02-28, 04:13 PM
just found this article a few minutes ago that was published today.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2011-02-28/5_mmo_that_will_make_big_noise_in_gdc_2011,5.shtml

at the bottom..

"Above are the games that have confirmed to attend GDC2011, and there are some games that we really want to see could show off in the convention: Dragon Nest(both Nexon and Shanda will attend GDC but we don't know what games they will show) and PlanetSide Next(SOE will be there and let's pray for some surprises)."

Hamma
2011-02-28, 04:21 PM
I'm not sure where they are getting that they will be there, I don't see them listed anywhere.

Jackale
2011-02-28, 04:22 PM
yeah, I'm also confused by that so I'm not sure what to believe :(

Raymac
2011-02-28, 04:47 PM
I think it's just wishful thinking on their end. (alot of that going around right now) It doesn't look lke SOE will be there, just Sony's Playstation division which is called SCEA.

However, maybe SOE will make an announcement to coincide with the timing?

Nephilimuk
2011-02-28, 05:46 PM
Laralyn McWilliams Senior Producer Sony Online Entertainment
Laura Naviaux : Global Vice President of Sales and Mar Sony Online Entertainmen
Jason Parks Technical Artist Sony Online Entertainment
Anthony Royce SOE

All the above are attending - may be something may be nothing

Grimster
2011-03-01, 03:44 AM
Laralyn McWilliams Senior Producer Sony Online Entertainment
Laura Naviaux : Global Vice President of Sales and Mar Sony Online Entertainmen
Jason Parks Technical Artist Sony Online Entertainment
Anthony Royce SOE

All the above are attending - may be something may be nothing

Yeah but they are attending different panels relevant to their field of work right?

Seems a bit odd that they would use any of those panels to announce a game.

Oh well I guess we will see in the next few days. I doubt we will see any announcement but I hope I am wrong. :)

Nephilimuk
2011-03-01, 05:20 AM
i doubt you will get an anouncment but if they are working on the project you will probably get more information.