PDA

View Full Version : Climate Based character models

NKGotMilk
2011-03-10, 09:00 PM
I was looking at the TR character model released today and I got to wondering how the character models could be made a bit more interesting. When I combined this while researching U.S troops in vietnam It really got me thinking about non-standardized uniforms.

Take the following for example:

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/211/7/9/Sgt_Frank_Woods___Black_ops_by_spyash2.png
Sgt Frank Woods from Call of Duty:black ops

Woods has modified his uniform not only to look like a badass, but to reflect that he is romping through the jungles searching for VS...erm VC. Perhaps he is patrolling through Hossin or Forseral.

In the current live version of planetside we have the option to remove our helmets for Berets and sunglasses.

Why not expand these options in planetside next to remove sleeves or don a cigar or perhaps a bandanna?

Alternatively why not have the base character model modify dependent on what type of zone you are currently fighting in?

Character models could wear stripped down lighter looking gear for something warmer such as ishundar or forseral. Whereas a player may wear heavy winter clothing for zones such as Ceryshen.

obviously these various skins would be done over with empire specific colors

krnasaur
2011-03-10, 10:10 PM
So your saying basically what is already in planetside with the shades and no helmet but with more options, right?

NKGotMilk
2011-03-10, 10:30 PM
So your saying basically what is already in planetside with the shades and no helmet but with more options, right?

Essentially yes, but that option failing i think the idea of character models changing dependent on what type of environment they are in is kinda nifty.

Bags
2011-03-10, 10:53 PM
It's the future. The suits can be climate controlled for all we know.

NKGotMilk
2011-03-10, 11:27 PM
This is very valid, obviously the idea has no practical effect, merely an idea to add some spice to otherwise very static models

Hamma
2011-03-11, 07:45 PM
Not a bad idea but sadly what Bags said probably wins out in this case. :lol:

Vancha
2011-03-11, 08:19 PM
I think there could certainly be aesthetic changes to armour depending on the continent. Whether that would consist of camo or outfit additions, I don't really mind which.