PDA

View Full Version : Old schooler returning for PS:N, stats idea

SavageB
2011-03-16, 11:24 PM
1st post here, Id like to say first off that Im very excited to see a sequel to the orig. Im hoping to see a lot of old friends return to the game and start dealing dmg exactly how we left it years back. If anyone remembers Jbird with Armageddon Korps TR ( Twas me!) on emerald hi hi :) Youll know placing top in the points from day to day was my specialty and it was a bit of a pain in the butt to go to a third party site (i beleive it was planetsidestats.net) to view the top placing players/outfits etc.

Do you think the new PS:N will have a built in points/stats system in game, rather than relying on third party sites, not saying anything wrong with them but an ingame system would be far better, for on the fly reference. I doubt it would be realtime ( or it could be) but maybe representing the day prior for stats !!!

I cannot wait for the release of this game!!! Has beta even started yet? Can anyone confirm without breaking NDA?

Its only of late that I have heard of the new PS:N in the works..So I m a little behind the curve with some info!!! If theres any old Armageddon Korps players here, let me know as well!!! Thanks!!!

krnasaur
2011-03-17, 12:05 AM
No beta has been released yet. Besides acouple of pictures there is no info on PS:N yet.
there was supposed to be a "big launch" (smed) in march, but sofar we haven't seen anything

Senyu
2011-03-17, 12:58 AM
Well you sir just found out in time. This game were all looking forward to is going to be released this month!!! And were.............waaaaaait a second.........

krnasaur
2011-03-17, 09:01 AM
Well you sir just found out in time. This game were all looking forward to is going to be released this month!!! And were.............waaaaaait a second.........

Its still march.

Firefly
2011-03-17, 10:04 AM
Again, I have to bring out the old saw. Smedley never said, definitively, "We are launching Planetside in March".

OP: Welcome back, by the way.

Lonehunter
2011-03-17, 11:32 AM
Glad to see a returning vet, have fun joining our waiting game.

SavageB
2011-03-17, 01:10 PM
Thanks!! Hopefully the waiting game wont last for to to long!

krnasaur
2011-03-17, 05:14 PM
Again, I have to bring out the old saw. Smedley never said, definitively, "We are launching Planetside in March".

OP: Welcome back, by the way.

"We have a very big launch coming in the month of March," Smedley said. "It's a big first person shooter franchise that we're really happy with."

That is exactly what he said. Beta? Website? Trailer? Ad campaign? Who knows

SavageB
2011-03-17, 05:33 PM
Kinda seems fishy to me saying the game will launch this march, with no website....no add campaigns...nothing....just a few screenies so far, not sure what to make of that really.

Unless he means launching the beginning content of the PSN franchise, as in kicking out the website, get weekly updates going, announcing beta.

Rbstr
2011-03-17, 06:29 PM
The assumption that "launch" meant the finished game will be launched is so silly I giggle every time someone brings it up.

Firefly
2011-03-18, 09:11 AM
"We have a very big launch coming in the month of March," Smedley said. "It's a big first person shooter franchise that we're really happy with."

That is exactly what he said. Beta? Website? Trailer? Ad campaign? Who knows
I know exactly what he said, but thanks for re-posting. It re-proves my point.

Smedley said "We have a very big launch coming", he did not say "We are launching Planetside".

Miir
2011-03-18, 10:21 AM
Does SOE even have another "big" FPS franchise besides Planetside?

Firefly
2011-03-18, 12:17 PM
Does SOE even have another "big" FPS franchise besides Planetside?
Honestly, I don't know. I don't work for SOE and I never have. I have no idea what they have in store, whether it be for PS:N or any other game. I know they released an Agency web-browser game on Facebook which was supposed to be a forerunner tie-in to The Agency, which I'm given to understand will be released sometime this year. What I can definitively say is, games - particularly MMOs - tend to get their release dates pushed back at least once.

But again: I have no concrete idea what they have in store. Which, I might point out, is the exact same as everyone else in this forum who isn't an SOE employee.

Would I love to hope it's Planetside:Next? Absolutely. Am I hoping? Damn skippy. My personal thoughts now have more or less convinced me that when Smedley says they're launching something in March, I'm thinking it's either going to be closed beta or a big announcement as to the specifics. I tend to regard anyone who thinks the game will be retail-launched by the end of this month as a fool, though I'd love to be made a fool of and be proven wrong on this, as it's win-win for everyone.

Though in hindsight, after re-reading The9 VP's blog entry on the subject, he basically says the game is done. According to the English-language article on MMOSite's news section: "Summary: PlanetSide Next is the next SOE MMO that will meet you this year and yesterday we had new info about the game, not from SOE but from The9, the Chinese MMO developer and publisher who has secured the game's publishing right in China."

This basically says the next MMO from SOE is PS:N (duh) and that we won't have long to wait. What does this mean? It means exactly that. This article says PS:N is the next MMO, but it doesn't say it's the next release. FPS franchise could be anything - we're just intuiting that it's Planetside. Again, I'd love to be wrong. They could very well skip beta. It'd be practically unheard of, wouldn't it? I don't honestly know. All I do know is, nobody's come out and definitively said "We are launching Planetside:Next in March" and I wish people would stop making that claim, so that others aren't let down when/if it doesn't happen.