PDA

View Full Version : Werewolves

Senyu
2011-04-18, 09:48 PM
Totally should be added. Player is desginated as a werewolf randomly, whatever player is killed by the wolf is infected, they eventually become seprate faction with a base movespeed of a running max and one hit kill closecombat. Look like worgens in powerarmor and can tear vehicales in 5 hits.

But no srs, this thread is something different. Mutations. Flame now because some already are just from my fun paragraph above. I know this probably isnt in the game but hey, nothing better to do but whine, speculate, imagine, and screw rangerettes.

Back ontopic. Mutations. This could range from small to large. From something similair to implants to "holy shit that guy jumped a wall". Could be an alien virus affecting people, could be the new neutral faction if there is.

I imagine some charcteristics of mutations would be,

)Wouldn't deactivate upon jammer
)Unable to mix implants with mutations (one or other)
)Would be same in certs as implants is
)Are upgradeable? (In sense of choosing the upgrade over more mutations
)Players with mutations recieve a small percentage like 5-15% more damage from plasma nades or similair weapons as well as flamethrower.

Some mutations ideas I have are as follows, titles work in progress
Increased healing:Healths at a rate slower than regeneration but does not drain stamina and is constant

Upgrade healing:Heals at an faster rate than regeneration implant same as Increased Healing but player's stamina is drained faster from stanima draining effects and recieves 10% more damage

Enhanced Stride: Player moves at speed with an non-heavy weapon equipped as if no weapon was equipped.

Bone density: Player has natural increased armor by small amount

Jump: Player jumps a little higher (easier to jump onto railings or over) and spends half the stamina for the jump

Upgrade Jump: Player activated ability, can be used while running but not when weapon equipped. After 2 seconds player expends all stamina to leap a considerable hight.(Should this be wall height or not?)

Adreneline:When players health is reduced below 30%, player recieves move speed increase to half of surge, heavily drains stanima and effect wears off once stanima is drained

Concentration:Player becomes immobile for 2 seconds, as long as player does not move player recieves increased accuracy and less recoil. Drains 4 stanima constantly while active

Increased Smell: While active player can see small "scent" trails given off by enemy players. Scent trail left by enemy player lasts 15 seconds from the spot they passed until disperesed. Scent changes color as red recent to slow fading blue to old for duration of the scent. Infil suits are to sterlizied and rubbery to leave a smell thus they leave no trail.

Upgrade Smell: Enemy scents now last 30 seconds. Infil suits not leave a scent of 8 seconds.

Ultimate Form: Player turns into the ultimate form in which is impossible to percieve and appears simply as a blur to enemy players. Damages all enemies in sight for 40 health persecond.

Anyways you get the point. The likely hood of this being added in game? The same chance that Planetside will be playable in march. But hey nothing else to do but whine, imagine, and discuss.

And screw rangerettes

morf
2011-04-18, 10:40 PM
Can I infect the brains of my victims and BECOME them?

Canaris
2011-04-19, 04:35 AM
sounds like Vanu depravity to me, attempting to spoil the perfection that is the Terran Republic.

I don't see why you need a whole lot of different mutations when half of them are covered by implants already and the other ones like "ultimate form" sound crasy over powered to me.

These seem to be nothing more buff's with no disadvantages, why would you bother to use an implant then?
A fine idea but one that could be covered and balanced using the existing implant platform tbh.

FiftySeventh
2011-04-19, 05:45 AM
erm... what?

wouldnt like to see mutations. i quite enjoy the balance.

and if it was infectious wouldnt everyone end up with it sooner or later?

Logit
2011-04-19, 08:41 AM
Is this real?

Geist
2011-04-19, 08:42 AM
I can see an event where a nano-virus turns a bunch of people into depraved raving mutants that attempt to kill everyone. Could be player controlled, could be not, but it would be a lot of fun.

One more thing...

Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.

SavageB
2011-04-19, 08:49 AM
No..that's my answer.

<---- WOW forums are that way

MoreShiraz
2011-04-19, 09:26 AM
You are on the PSU forums not WOW dude....

Raymac
2011-04-19, 01:31 PM
Are we getting this desperate?

You know what this idea reminds me of? When I was a little kid, my younger brother wanted a puppy really badly, but my parents said no, but they got him some goldfish instead. Well, 1 day my mom walks into his room and finds him petting his goldfish. It was such a sad sight, the next day we went out and got a dog.

SOE, please feed us some information here. If we are resorting to things like this, we are starving for that puppy.

morf
2011-04-19, 02:45 PM
Can I infect the brains of my victims and BECOME them?

SOMEONE ANSWER

etheral
2011-04-19, 03:13 PM
VS should become sparkly vampires

Logit
2011-04-19, 03:17 PM
Are we getting this desperate?

You know what this idea reminds me of? When I was a little kid, my younger brother wanted a puppy really badly, but my parents said no, but they got him some goldfish instead. Well, 1 day my mom walks into his room and finds him petting his goldfish. It was such a sad sight, the next day we went out and got a dog.

SOE, please feed us some information here. If we are resorting to things like this, we are starving for that puppy.

I don't want SOE getting any ideas like this from PSU, I move that we delete this thread at once. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I feel like this is how BFR's came along..

SOE Employee #1 "Dude, you know what we should do?"
SOE Employee #2 "What?"
SOE Employee #1 "Remember that huge robot from Robocop?"
SOE Employee #2 "He was bad ass. What you thinkin?"
SOE Employee #1 "Lets give him wings........"

Raymac
2011-04-19, 03:26 PM
I don't want SOE getting any ideas like this from PSU, I move that we delete this thread at once. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Actually, I hope SOE sees this and says, "Dude, we gotta give these fans some more information about this game we are so excited about. They are starting to talk about werewolves for goodness sake. I feel sorry for them, so can we show them some of the new bases?"

I'm not above receiving a pity fuck, and I'm getting some serious PS:N blue balls here.

Logit
2011-04-19, 03:32 PM
Actually, I hope SOE sees this and says, "Dude, we gotta give these fans some more information about this game we are so excited about. They are starting to talk about werewolves for goodness sake. I feel sorry for them, so can we show them some of the new bases?"

I'm not above receiving a pity fuck, and I'm getting some serious PS:N blue balls here.

Don't get me started on another SOE rant. I've just finally come to terms with the fact that this is how things are, and after 7 years, it's not going to change.

SOE would make a horrible girlfriend. Nuff said I thinks

Lonehunter
2011-04-19, 05:49 PM
This just reminds me of one of the many FPS gametypes that PS could implement on a weekly basis as events.

Senyu
2011-04-19, 08:39 PM
lol, wow. You guys fall easily dont you? Shows how well people can read......

Werewolf and Ultimate form are to troll. Nobody even realize this?

The real post is in the mutation as a secondary choice other than implants. No this isn't a virus that spreads. The main reason is to have two choices each with its own strengths and weakness. Implants techonology and Mutations are biotechonology. IE implants fail agaisn't jammers/emp while mutations do not. And mutations vice versa have a similair weakness Implants do not.

Will this get added? Most definite "NO!" But hey its fun to create. Again mutations could vary in abilities that are very simple and mundane to "holy shit jump wall". Obviously they should be on PAR with implants abilities, just simply adding another playstyle and prefrence to the game.

The mutations will probably be small effecting like implants and very minor like, your cells are slightly mutated/changed giving reason to healing. No ones sprouting purple dragon wings to fly and tear TR and NC apart.

Sirisian
2011-04-19, 09:33 PM
I agree with the above post we need werewolves in this game. I love the ultimate form idea. It's a very unique idea that I think will only help the game. :lol:

I think with these ideas however you're going slightly against the equal battlefield idea between players. If you assume anyone can use them or infect themselves then it's not a problem.

I wouldn't be against having places in the world where players can venture to set augmentations via naturally occurring monuments or ancient technology. I'm not 100% sure they'd be useful though to the game or if they can be balanced so there isn't a 100% best configuration. Role specific augmentations would be more ideal. Like have an animation for a player touching a monument in the world that reconfigures nanites particles that float to the player (with a cool particle effect).
Heavy Weapon Strength Monument: Decreases recoil by 20% on Heavy Weapons
Lock-On Monument: Decreases Lock-On by 20%.
Cloaker Boost Monument: Increased invisibility while running while cloaked.
Vehicle Boost Monument: Links stamina with a vehicles boost or shields for a 10% bonus while stamina lasts.

Basically these would be role choices that go with a player's role. Meaning that there's a drawback and advantage to each one with no single ability that is the best. Some of the ideas the OP listed go along with this. I think they should be 100% passive though.

Senyu
2011-04-19, 09:35 PM
I think with these ideas however you're going slightly against the equal battlefield idea between players. If you assume anyone can use them or infect themselves then it's not a problem.

Does no one read.............

They act like implants. They are just another option besides implants. They are implants Yang from Ying.

Sirisian
2011-04-19, 10:48 PM
Does no one read.............

They act like implants. They are just another option besides implants. They are implants Yang from Ying.
Yes but there is some important differences you mentioned in your idea list. I made my above comment when I read:

)Are upgradeable? (In sense of choosing the upgrade over more mutations

Seems like upgradeable implant like features might make a player too good at one thing. Like a cloaker being able to one hit a player or something or making a sniper too good at handling recoil or reload times.

Grimster
2011-04-20, 01:39 AM
I feel like this is how BFR's came along..

SOE Employee #1 "Dude, you know what we should do?"
SOE Employee #2 "What?"
SOE Employee #1 "Remember that huge robot from Robocop?"
SOE Employee #2 "He was bad ass. What you thinkin?"
SOE Employee #1 "Lets give him wings........"

This made me LOL. :) :rofl:

Geist
2011-04-20, 12:47 PM
lol, wow. You guys fall easily dont you? Shows how well people can read......

Werewolf and Ultimate form are to troll. Nobody even realize this?

The real post is in the mutation as a secondary choice other than implants. No this isn't a virus that spreads. The main reason is to have two choices each with its own strengths and weakness. Implants techonology and Mutations are biotechonology. IE implants fail agaisn't jammers/emp while mutations do not. And mutations vice versa have a similair weakness Implants do not.

Will this get added? Most definite "NO!" But hey its fun to create. Again mutations could vary in abilities that are very simple and mundane to "holy shit jump wall". Obviously they should be on PAR with implants abilities, just simply adding another playstyle and prefrence to the game.

The mutations will probably be small effecting like implants and very minor like, your cells are slightly mutated/changed giving reason to healing. No ones sprouting purple dragon wings to fly and tear TR and NC apart.

The reason I ignored the mutations part and commented on the werewolves part is this:

Mutations are not a good idea, and never will be as long as implants exist. Why have 2 game mechanics that do pretty much the same thing?

Werewolves on the other hand, or mutated beast things, are a good idea. I would like a defense-against-mindless-beasts event, they are always very interesting, more so if it is in a FPS.

Canaris
2011-04-20, 01:07 PM
The reason I ignored the mutations part and commented on the werewolves part is this:

Mutations are not a good idea, and never will be as long as implants exist. Why have 2 game mechanics that do pretty much the same thing?

Werewolves on the other hand, or mutated beast things, are a good idea. I would like a defense-against-mindless-beasts event, they are always very interesting, more so if it is in a FPS.

We can call it Planetside - Fortress Werewolfenstien!:rofl:

Nephilimuk
2011-04-20, 01:12 PM
Ok if you got bitten by a wereshark and survived. Would that mean you would drown if you did not get into salt-water whilst changing?

This is a serious conundrum please help me out here!!!!

Senyu
2011-04-20, 08:21 PM
Seems like upgradeable implant like features might make a player too good at one thing. Like a cloaker being able to one hit a player or something or making a sniper too good at handling recoil or reload times.

Understand that anything that would be acceptable would have to be nitpicked and balanced to prevent that. Some of my upgrade ideas while of course need tweaking aren't game breaking.

And on the wereshark, I would have to say no and hope you become a Street Shark like in the 90's :D

Mightymouser
2011-04-21, 04:57 PM
What exactly is the point of having a separate 'Mutations' system instead of just adding new implants?

Edit to add: If you don't want the thread to be about 'Warewolves' you shouldn't make that the topic title; nothing in your post is going to be able to overcome that idea....

Senyu
2011-04-21, 09:26 PM
What exactly is the point of having a separate 'Mutations' system instead of just adding new implants?

Edit to add: If you don't want the thread to be about 'Warewolves' you shouldn't make that the topic title; nothing in your post is going to be able to overcome that idea....

Boredom....ya mostly that. And to see how people react.

But on mutations, it just adds variety to the game. Mutations and Implants both have different weakness's and strengths adding to situations and tactics. Jammers for example effect implants while not mutations. Giving players different playstyles such as this wouldn't be that crazy as it is something minor. And explainable such as an alien virus on the planets effecting the soldiers. Though I imagine this would never be implemented

Logit
2011-04-22, 08:26 AM
Boredom....ya mostly that. And to see how people react.

But on mutations, it just adds variety to the game. Mutations and Implants both have different weakness's and strengths adding to situations and tactics. Jammers for example effect implants while not mutations. Giving players different playstyles such as this wouldn't be that crazy as it is something minor. And explainable such as an alien virus on the planets effecting the soldiers. Though I imagine this would never be implemented

Basically you want to be a Druid from Diablo 2?

www.worldofwarcraft.com

This thread is dumb. This would be the worst idea of all time.

And trust me, I've had some BAD ideas....

Senyu
2011-04-22, 04:12 PM
Basically you want to be a Druid from Diablo 2?

www.worldofwarcraft.com

This thread is dumb. This would be the worst idea of all time.

And trust me, I've had some BAD ideas....

Lol at reading skills. Ya, this thread was worth it. Funny to see people flame over something because they can read the whole thing.

Raymac
2011-04-22, 04:59 PM
Lol at reading skills. Ya, this thread was worth it. Funny to see people flame over something because they can read the whole thing.

Lol at writing skills. You ever want somebody to get past the 1st paragraph of anything you write...make it interesting. It's simple. State your thesis early. Don't spend all that time in the title and 1st paragraph misleading your audience, and then be surprised they didn't read your entire long ass post.

Plus, I've had alot of ideas that people didn't like, but that didn't mean they just didn't understand it.

Having said all that, this is the only time we get to speculate about everything for PS:N, so we might as well enjoy it and speculate our asses off.

Nephilimuk
2011-04-22, 05:05 PM
my word this thread delivers

cute fluffy dog things, really quick back tracks and the clueless posting about finding a clue which by the way if you find 2 can I have one.

Tried the shark thing by the way you do need saltwater.

wtb new gills

Senyu
2011-04-22, 06:44 PM
boredom brings new things.

Meh, 11 at night, wanted to introduce something new but decided to have fun with it :) This is the result.

Im still gona have laughs at everyone who flames this thinking its something else.

Sirisian
2011-04-22, 07:24 PM
Im still gona have laughs at everyone who flames this thinking its something else.
Having werewolves would be more interesting than mutations. :lol:

I still want aggressive NPCs in this game on each of the continents.

Evilmp
2011-04-22, 10:10 PM
if you want mutations just go TR

years of inbreeding have spawned tons of semi-useful mutations.

Canaris
2011-04-23, 07:14 AM
if you want mutations just go TR

years of inbreeding have spawned tons of semi-useful mutations.

Yes and one off shoot ended up sticking light bulbs up their bum and sleeping with toasters, we call them Technophiles, they look a little something like this

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/2686/thevanusovereignty4.jpg (http://img818.imageshack.us/i/thevanusovereignty4.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

otomotopia
2011-04-23, 10:18 PM
Don't get me started on another SOE rant. I've just finally come to terms with the fact that this is how things are, and after 7 years, it's not going to change.

SOE would make a horrible girlfriend. Nuff said I thinks

Then SoE would be a pimp and we're her jiggalos. That's a fun image :doh:

Hamma
2011-04-24, 10:22 AM
I must admit this is one of the stranger threads we have had on Next.. :lol:

Senyu
2011-04-24, 06:00 PM
all the more reason for having werwolves :)

Now on to sparkly vampires