PDA

View Full Version : Anyone thought about maybe...

Infektion
2011-04-25, 01:57 PM
Using a secondary aiming such as iron sighting? I mean... maybe it's just not practical for the fast paced Planetside action... but I mean, most be fun and useful in some situations, certainly adds new depth to playability :)

Canaris
2011-04-25, 02:06 PM
Using a secondary aiming such as iron sighting? I mean... maybe it's just not practical for the fast paced Planetside action... but I mean, most be fun and useful in some situations, certainly adds new depth to playability :)

We talked about it in the wishlist thread, page 11 on, very mixed reactions to the concept as usual but hey this is PS-U ;)
Here you go mate

http://www.planetside-universe.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35791&page=11

DviddLeff
2011-04-25, 04:18 PM
Yeah I want it at least; really adds to tactical game play if hip firing is hard to pull off.

Senyu
2011-04-25, 08:47 PM
I would like this for some weapons. Get even more realistic and blur out your vision on spots your not directly aiming at.

But there are some things it doesnt need to be on to

CutterJohn
2011-04-27, 02:12 AM
I would like this for some weapons. Get even more realistic and blur out your vision on spots your not directly aiming at.

But there are some things it doesnt need to be on to

That is less realistic, since I can focus just fine on other things. DOF is highly annoying because it assumes what you are looking at is the center of the screen.

I would personally prefer a faster paced game. More run n gun. Less cof bloom. I miss the days of quake, tribes, etc, where movement had little effect on your ability to shoot.

Grimster
2011-04-27, 03:16 AM
I myself am not a fan of iron sights at all.

I have seen to many games having great potential and getting ruined by iron sights because people demand the game to be realistic.

I don't play Planetside because it is realistic. I play it for the huge battles and the feeling of being a part of something big.

Of course this is my personal opinion but if you are looking for a realistic game you should be looking somewhere else and not in a game where things go pew pew(Well atleast some of them ;) ). :)

Robert089
2011-04-27, 06:19 AM
I would personally prefer a faster paced game. More run n gun. Less cof bloom. I miss the days of quake, tribes, etc, where movement had little effect on your ability to shoot.

Jackhammer.

Senyu
2011-04-27, 06:27 PM
Jackhammer.

I hate you

otomotopia
2011-04-28, 03:46 AM
Where does it say iron sights mean realism? I like ADS because it helps me snap off a good shot. It's why I zoom nearly every time I use the pulsar. I don't think anything bad can come of using an ADS mechanic. I don't necessarily mean 'iron sights' like lining up the tip with the gap, but I do mean looking down the barrel to see... something. Red dot, cross hairs, a smiley face, the VS logo, a MARS scope, ring sights, iron sights, whatever. ADS is a good mechanic for shooters in genera;, and I'd like to see it added for most infantry weapons.

Raymac
2011-04-28, 01:34 PM
Where does it say iron sights mean realism? I like ADS because it helps me snap off a good shot. It's why I zoom nearly every time I use the pulsar. I don't think anything bad can come of using an ADS mechanic. I don't necessarily mean 'iron sights' like lining up the tip with the gap, but I do mean looking down the barrel to see... something. Red dot, cross hairs, a smiley face, the VS logo, a MARS scope, ring sights, iron sights, whatever. ADS is a good mechanic for shooters in genera;, and I'd like to see it added for most infantry weapons.

This 100% (Except replace the stupid pulsar with the epic gauss)

Aractain
2011-04-29, 03:28 AM
Also 100%. In fact id say if it isn't in SOE is going to fail again since they arn't bringing the proper attitude to development.

CutterJohn
2011-05-02, 12:12 AM
Also 100%. In fact id say if it isn't in SOE is going to fail again since they arn't bringing the proper attitude to development.

If you made a list of the top ten multiplayer FPS games, I bet half would have no sights other than the hud crosshair for everything but snipers, and no real penalty for movement.

There are two general, and quite divergent, schools of thought about how FPSs should operate, and neither is more 'proper' than the other.

Aractain
2011-05-02, 01:03 AM
Indeed. That is roughly Arcade vs Tactical. Action vs Thought.

In my opinion Planetside is a wargame, like a simple Arma2 or a first person Close combat.
The people who used jackhammers and surge thought it was Unreal Torunament.

Thus if they dont put the tactical thinking stuff in the game I will be disapointed thats its just twitch reaction rather than thought based.

I don't think an action MMO FPS is going to work. (Hint: Its been done and being done again).

Thats the reason for my opinion.

CutterJohn
2011-05-02, 10:49 AM
Why can't there be both? TF2 has classes that cover all ends of the spectrum from stupidly simple to crazy hard, from insane twitch to point in vaguely correct direction. PS should cater to as many playstyles as possible. There can be a variety of weapons and armors to support this. Let people run with assault rifles, but have to stop and aim with heavy machine guns or something.

And what fpsmmo? Theres PS and WW2OL. Nothing else. Unless you are counting the arena based types like global agenda which have fancy graphics instead of a server selection screen.

Infektion
2011-05-03, 10:51 AM
You guys think that COF will make a return to PSN? I'd like a new accuracy model. that COF was a little annoying.

Redshift
2011-05-03, 11:44 AM
CoF was much less annoying that ironsights and recoil is

Canaris
2011-05-03, 12:37 PM
I like the CoF system used in PS aswell, the one thing tho that I think they need to focus on for balance issue is to keep weapons that are mirrored like the MA gauss, pulsar and cycler isn't to have major bloom effect differences between the three.

The pulsar and gauss have similar bloom effects and TTK while the cycler is like a kicking mule, How I'd fix it is reduce the dmg on the cycler and the bloom, if the TTK is worse give a buff to the ROF or the TTK is better then decrease the ROF.

In my mind one of the major features they should be working on in PS-N is balance, balance and balance.

Infektion
2011-05-04, 05:19 PM
LOL! I just cant stand opening up with a gauss and seeing one of my shots go to the left or right *flips coin*. Recoil is a much better firing effect, not to mention it's a more realistic play style. CHANGE PEOPLE! it's a new age and the end of the world is coming soon. We need to try new things, so who wants to make out? :huh: