PDA

View Full Version : E3 Expo

Grimster
2011-04-26, 03:37 PM
So since I was a bit bored and I saw that E3 Expo tweeted that they had 300 confirmed exhibitors I decided to satisfy my curiosity and check the list on their site and saw that Sony Online Entertainment is one of them.

They probably there every year but this might be a good time for them to dish out some juicy PS:N info maybe? :)

duck
2011-04-26, 05:43 PM
So since I was a bit bored and I saw that E3 Expo tweeted that they had 300 confirmed exhibitors I decided to satisfy my curiosity and check the list on their site and saw that Sony Online Entertainment is one of them.

They probably there every year but this might be a good time for them to dish out some juicy PS:N info maybe? :)

Hopefully!
If that's the case, then in about a month we shall get trailers, and more information about the game

Raymac
2011-04-26, 06:43 PM
E3 is the first event where I actually "expect" to hear something. I was "hoping" to hear something at PAX or GDC, but I'd be surprised if we hear nothing at E3.

The Desert Fox
2011-04-26, 07:22 PM
E3 is the first event where I actually "expect" to hear something. I was "hoping" to hear something at PAX or GDC, but I'd be surprised if we hear nothing at E3.

5 bucks says they just give out free copies of that producers letter we got :groovy:

Senyu
2011-04-26, 07:26 PM
Heres hoping to. Cant wait to get some juicy info I can drool at.

Lorgarn
2011-04-26, 11:32 PM
Aye, E3 is probably the largest show of the year. (If not, one of) It would be a sad thing if they didn't share something. Some developers show of what they've got even with being, what we'd believe, further away than PS:N, years ahead.

I'm definately expecting something, though nothing major, but something worthwhile. At the very least.

Tigersmith
2011-04-27, 12:24 AM
I hope so :( dying for info

Grimster
2011-04-27, 03:12 AM
Yeah at least I get the impression that PS:N is up high on SOEs list of priorities then one would imagine that they would want to show it off on E3 to attract attention to it. I can't really on the top of my head think of a better forum than E3 to do so.

I have always been interested in E3 and due to my geographical location not been able to travel there. But I think this year with PS:N somewhere on the horizon it would be awesome if they released some kind of trailer. For my own sake it don't even have to be in game but a cinematic trailer would be awesome also because that would at least be proof that they are pushing resources into the game. :)

A picture is worth more than a thousand words, imagine what a whole video would be then. :D

Well heres to hoping that SOE deliver something juicy about PS:N on E3. :)

Diddy Mao
2011-04-27, 11:47 AM
E3 is where I first saw my glimpse of the original Planetside, on g4 it's a good bet they'll probably have something if anything at E3. here is to hoping!!!!

Canaris
2011-04-27, 11:53 AM
5 bucks says they just give out free copies of that producers letter we got :groovy:

I'll take that bet..... hey Smed how'd you like to make a free $2.50!;)

Hamma
2011-04-27, 06:47 PM
Yea I haven't heard anything but that's still a bit down the road hopefully we will get SOMETHING from them.

Hotohori
2011-04-28, 11:52 AM
When exactly is E3?! cause I was thinking they would deliver news on there own fan fair to make people buy tickets for the news kekekeke, anyways it makes sense too to deliver it on E3 im guessing theres more numbers of people since its a more general gaming thing.

Raymac
2011-04-28, 01:08 PM
When exactly is E3?! cause I was thinking they would deliver news on there own fan fair to make people buy tickets for the news kekekeke, anyways it makes sense too to deliver it on E3 im guessing theres more numbers of people since its a more general gaming thing.

E3 is about a month before Fan Faire. So the timing would be perfect to make a nice big announcement / info release / trailer for Planetside: Next in order to generate more interest and ticket sales for the Fan Faire.

(Although as I understand it, SOE Fan Faire is 99% Everquest)

kamikava
2011-04-28, 01:19 PM
Im going to dress in a full TR uniform and go to SOE Fan Faire to declare my undieing love for planetside. If we get 600 people to dress up we could simulate a mock battle (using water pistols) to raise awareness for PS :D

The above could be achieved at E3 too :evil:

The Desert Fox
2011-04-28, 04:55 PM
Im going to dress in a full TR uniform and go to SOE Fan Faire to declare my undieing love for planetside. If we get 600 people to dress up we could simulate a mock battle (using water pistols) to raise awareness for PS :D

The above could be achieved at E3 too :evil:

You need to get 600 people to play planetside first:D

Raymac
2011-04-28, 05:53 PM
You need to get 600 people to play planetside first:D

Yeah, I wonder how many people would log in if SOE announced that on weekend X, everyone that plays Planetside during that time would be guaranteed beta access which started the following day.

Announce it in advance, let the word spread, and just see how many vets comeback for that 1 weekend. Talk about pop locks...

Hotohori
2011-04-29, 01:41 AM
You wanna see more then 600 people play planetside, telly sony to make it free to play already. ;p

Grimster
2011-04-29, 01:57 AM
Yeah I agree the timeline would be perfect to announce PS:N on E3 and release a nice trailer or something than dish out more information on Fan Faire. But is it like people say about it that its mostly about Everquest?

Lonehunter
2011-05-06, 01:04 AM
I'm betting at E3 they say nothing, but at the same time post an "exclusive" here since we're so special, we wouldn't want too many people catching wind of this.

Yeah, I wonder how many people would log in if SOE announced that on weekend X, everyone that plays Planetside during that time would be guaranteed beta access which started the following day.

Announce it in advance, let the word spread, and just see how many vets comeback for that 1 weekend. Talk about pop locks...

and this all ready happened for about a month lol

Sifer2
2011-05-11, 12:12 AM
This floor plan if its real confirms SOE is going to have a booth:

http://www.astutegamers.com/showthread.php?1524-E3-Floor-Plan-Revealed&p=22049

So cross your fingers I think if they were going to show off Planetside Next it will be here.

Tigersmith
2011-05-11, 05:44 PM
You know Hamma you should just go to E3 you could get a pass easily

Hamma
2011-05-11, 05:55 PM
Yea but Airfare isn't free. :p

Crator
2011-05-14, 11:07 AM
Wonder if Sony will even show with the uber-hack debacle going on. For fear of a lynch mob!

BorisBlade
2011-05-14, 12:08 PM
You wanna see more then 600 people play planetside, telly sony to make it free to play already. ;p

I hope PS:N doesnt do "free to play". Its in quotes cause its obviously not gonna be free, they just make you pay in a different way. Ever play world of tanks? You pay to upgrade your tanks, those who pay more get the best stuff, its pay to win. You pay for every little thing in "free to play games". The actual statistics show that the average person pays more for ftp games than for ones with subscriptions. People see planned payments and dont like that but they gladly pay even more money when its randomly thrown out there for every little upgrade and patch and even needed to compete.

Throw a lobster in boiling water and he'll jump out, put him in cold water and slowly heat it up and he will cook to death. Thats the "free to play" model, they will cook you to death.

Now if you just mean flat out free, that scares me due to hackage. Plus it requires their servers so couldnt happen. =(

Back on topic, yeah im expecting atleast some tidbits at very least at E3. Wouldnt make sense if the game is comin out even remotely soon to not show atleast somethin at the biggest game show of the year.

Tigersmith
2011-05-15, 08:00 PM
I would go if i had a ticket but eh. hard to get.

Tikuto
2011-05-20, 01:28 PM
Yea but Airfare isn't free. :pIt is a holy mission... You must go!

Traak
2011-05-20, 02:12 PM

I think we would run into "login lock" with that.

Vaner
2011-05-27, 12:40 PM
A troll? Yes. I have been trolling this site and any other sites, that have been discussing the possible future release of Planetside Next.

E3 Starts June 7 In L.A. I live close and hope to attend.
http://www.e3expo.com/

I've seen the layout to, showing floor spot allotted to Sony. The big question is, will this be to unveil the game we've all been hoping and praying for, for these last many years? I'm not sure. If Sony has truely been working on PSN, and plans to release it in the near future, then they most definitely will be showcasing it at E3. If, as a friend of mine, who works for Blizzard, believes that Sony was just stringing
people along to garner some extra subs over the last many months, then, they will not be showcasing Planetside at E3. I am optimistic, and believe that Sony hasnt been lying to us. AND, come June 7, they will advertise the future release of PLANSIDE NEXT.

PS. It nice to be able to pop in and say hi to fellow old school PS players. If you were on Markov for the first two years of Planetside, then you had the opportunity to be killed by me, many times over. =)

MgFalcon
2011-05-27, 06:36 PM
It is a holy mission... You must go!

True statement right there.

It's like what >$100 one way? Just hit up a bunch of turn overs and pack lite, then hitch-hike back to your home :lol:

Grimster
2011-05-28, 01:50 AM
Well its getting closer and I know I will monitor the news flow from the Expo.

I have atm three games I am hoping to see some info about on E3.

Planetside 2(Next or whatever? :))
Project Redlime(New Syndicate game)
Dark Millennium the WH40k MMO. :)

Anyone wondering what the hell Syndicate is can follow below link and realise I am a old nostalgic bastard. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syndicate_%28video_game%29

Redshift
2011-05-28, 03:34 AM
syndicate was awesome sauce!

Vaner
2011-06-01, 08:58 PM
If by chance, very slight, Sony doesn't talk about PSN release; then it wont be coming out between now and at least next summer. If no mention at E3, then the earliest release date would be after next years E3. I still dont believe Sony would not mention PSN this next week. They're suppose to have been working on the game over the last year.

Sifer2
2011-06-01, 11:04 PM
Well they plan to show off something. It pretty much has to be either Everquest 3 or Planetside 2 right? Since they have a decent sized booth.

Lorgarn
2011-06-02, 02:02 PM
Well they plan to show off something. It pretty much has to be either Everquest 3 or Planetside 2 right? Since they have a decent sized booth.

Hopefully, I'm actually going as far as expecting something at this point. (Optimism?)

Be it just a short trailer or a handful of more screenshots, just something would do.

Raymac
2011-06-02, 02:54 PM

They don't have to do shit. The fact that we've heard literally nothing except some iPhone pics from the Chinese distributer is really disconcerting.

I'm holding out hope that we hear something at E3, because if we don't, then thats a pretty good sign that we have a very very very long wait ahead of us. So if we hear nothing, I'm turning my attention to other games that actually will be coming out this year.

Hotohori
2011-06-02, 05:51 PM
I doubt they will show anything from planetside 2, if anything a teaser but I dont expect anything big giving us any sign that it will be release anytime soon. I see them talking mainly about warhawk and playstation games in general.

Raymac
2011-06-02, 06:20 PM
I doubt they will show anything from planetside 2, if anything a teaser but I dont expect anything big giving us any sign that it will be release anytime soon. I see them talking mainly about warhawk and playstation games in general.

Actually, Playstation stuff falls under Sony Computer Entertainment, not SOE. And Sony Computer Entertainment has a MUCH larger area at E3.

SOE still has a decent sized area, so either they will use that space to talk about new features of existing products like DCUO and FreeRealms, or they will be announcing new products. Considering Planetside 2 is one of the only new products I know of that SOE is developing, I'm keeping my hopes up. But it also means that if we hear next to nothing, thats a very bad sign for Planetside 2 being released anytime in the forseeable future.

Grimster
2011-06-03, 01:10 AM
Well if they are smart, they dish out some info or teaser trailer on E3 officially announcing the game. Then they can use the Fan Faire to let the fans in on some more information and maybe have a dev panel. :)

Jeez I am such a smart ass. :)

Lorgarn
2011-06-03, 02:20 AM
Well if they are smart, they dish out some info or teaser trailer on E3 officially announcing the game. Then they can use the Fan Faire to let the fans in on some more information and maybe have a dev panel. :)

Jeez I am such a smart ass. :)

Yep, you should apply for a marketing manager position at SOE. It could only get better! (I'm not even being sarcastic, or am I?)

In all seriousness though, even if SOE doesn't bring any/much PS:2 info I still have a lot of other developers, publishers with their booths and games that I'm interested in. In other words, it's still a neat "little" event to look forward to.

LordReaver
2011-06-05, 04:53 AM
After they did successfully launch DCUO, I feel it seems that they have learned what the advertising department is for. So I'm not too worried that they will release the game in the dark.

Aractain
2011-06-05, 12:16 PM
Lets just hope the game is better than DCUO LOL! Is it possible that every game they own fails? (faliures in design, my opinion o'course)

DviddLeff
2011-06-05, 02:14 PM
I will be disappointed if there is no news at E3, I am hoping that it will be the information launch of the game.

I am expecting to be disappointed though...

Raymac
2011-06-05, 03:56 PM
I will be disappointed if there is no news at E3, I am hoping that it will be the information launch of the game.

I am expecting to be disappointed though...

I'm expecting to be disappointed too. They arn't even teasing anything for E3. Other companies are at least making pre-announcements like "Look for us at E3." The Planetside 2 devs / producers arn't even saying that.

It's just really frustrating because they've made it sound like we were getting close and the release of some real information was imminent. If it's going to be 6-12 months away, fine, but at least let us know that.

I've been a big advocate of patience on this forum, but even my patience is wearing out. I'm still holding out hope for a surprise, though.

Firefly
2011-06-05, 06:30 PM
I'm expecting to be disappointed too. They arn't even teasing anything for E3. Other companies are at least making pre-announcements like "Look for us at E3." The Planetside 2 devs / producers arn't even saying that.

It's just really frustrating because they've made it sound like we were getting close and the release of some real information was imminent. If it's going to be 6-12 months away, fine, but at least let us know that.

I've been a big advocate of patience on this forum, but even my patience is wearing out. I'm still holding out hope for a surprise, though.
I'm in total agreement with you. These guys are hemorrhaging money like a boat shot full of holes - DCUO isn't doing too well, as I understand it (I could be wrong, someone correct me), EQ is just... old, Planetside... well they fucked that up from Corpse Combat moving forward... not a whole lot left in their arsenal. If they don't score a major hit with Planetside 2, SOON, I wager there won't be much left except maintenance-mode on all existing retails.

Hamma
2011-06-06, 10:20 AM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I don't have much hope either.

Firefly
2011-06-06, 11:19 AM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I don't have much hope either.
At this point I'm just waiting for SWTOR. I did some alpha/internal testing last year and it was fucking awesome for what it was. Beta's even better. It's no Planetside, but at least they're not being a porch pussy with the information.

Now THERE'S a company with great PR.

Raymac
2011-06-06, 11:24 AM
At this point I'm just waiting for SWTOR. I did some alpha/internal testing last year and it was fucking awesome for what it was. Beta's even better. It's no Planetside, but at least they're not being a porch pussy with the information.

Now THERE'S a company with great PR.

Yeah, I'm turning my excitement back to SWTOR, the game that had me excited before Smed released that Vanguard pic forever ago. I still can't watch one of their cinematic trailers without having a towel nearby. Hopefully we get a release date announced for SWTOR at E3.

Firefly
2011-06-06, 11:25 AM
Yeah, I'm turning my excitement back to SWTOR, the game that had me excited before Smed released that Vanguard pic forever ago. I still can't watch one of their cinematic trailers without having a towel nearby. Hopefully we get a release date announced for SWTOR at E3.
I worked on the PvP system. Like I said, it's not Planetside but it's [the game] pretty goddamned awesome. Have you seen the latest trailer? I climaxed in Sputty's mom's pants.

DviddLeff
2011-06-06, 11:27 AM
Sony as a whole have a 5 hour slot tonight don't they?

Of course that's mainly going to be about the PS3 I presume.

Raymac
2011-06-06, 11:30 AM
I worked on the PvP system. Like I said, it's not Planetside but it's [the game] pretty goddamned awesome. Have you seen the latest trailer? I climaxed in Sputty's mom's pants.

I don't think so. The last trailer I saw was that battle in the forest. All I could think when I watched it was "George Lucas sucks balls. Why weren't the prequels more like this?"

If there is a newer one, I can't wait til I get off work to see it because the trailers literally explode my feeble mortal brain.

Raymac
2011-06-06, 11:33 AM
Sony as a whole have a 5 hour slot tonight don't they?

Of course that's mainly going to be about the PS3 I presume.

Sony, as a whole, has so much to talk about, from PS3 games, to the Playstation Phone, to addressing the hacking incident. I would be shocked if their little niche PC game that still doesn't have it's own website gets even a hint of a mention.

Firefly
2011-06-06, 12:10 PM
I don't think so. The last trailer I saw was that battle in the forest. All I could think when I watched it was "George Lucas sucks balls. Why weren't the prequels more like this?"

If there is a newer one, I can't wait til I get off work to see it because the trailers literally explode my feeble mortal brain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-CTmGpA0Eo&feature=youtu.be

Raymac
2011-06-06, 12:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-CTmGpA0Eo&feature=youtu.be

Are you happy now? A ghost came by and squirted white gooey ectoplasm all over my desk.

Rbstr
2011-06-06, 02:25 PM
Sony, as a whole, has so much to talk about, from PS3 games, to the Playstation Phone, to addressing the hacking incident. I would be shocked if their little niche PC game that still doesn't have it's own website gets even a hint of a mention.

That's just the thing. I just don't think there's much news to get your hopes up for to begin with.

What's worse, little PR until the game is fairly concrete or Nukem-style hyped-but-not-close-to-release-for-a-decade?

Hamma
2011-06-06, 02:42 PM
I wish I could get excited about the Star Wars MMO but I can't help but be pissed off at the MMO/WoW mechanics of how it all works.

Firefly
2011-06-06, 03:04 PM
Are you happy now? A ghost came by and squirted white gooey ectoplasm all over my desk.
http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/return

Oops :)

I wish I could get excited about the Star Wars MMO but I can't help but be pissed off at the MMO/WoW mechanics of how it all works.
Not sure what else you can expect... there's either FPS or there's RPG button-mashing.

Hamma
2011-06-06, 03:09 PM
Innovation of some sort, pressing 1-8 for my lightsaber attacks isn't really something that is appealing. Along with having tanks and healers :lol: And yea, we have had this conversations here like 100x how all games have those aspects I have just had enough of RPG's doing that crap because they are ALL the same in the end.

For me Star Wars has to feel Epic, and it can't feel Epic in a setting like an MMO imho anyway.

Sufficiently derailed. :lol: Need to take my own advice and stay on topic.

Raymac
2011-06-06, 03:26 PM
That's just the thing. I just don't think there's much news to get your hopes up for to begin with.

What's worse, little PR until the game is fairly concrete or Nukem-style hyped-but-not-close-to-release-for-a-decade?

Thats kind of the problem. They've led us to believe that we'd be getting more information soon. I mean we are way past March (which I know wasn't set in stone) but it's now 3 months later and I still only know as much as I knew in February. So if the game is not going to be released for years and years, we've already been jerked around like Duke Nukem.

And right now, I'd take "little PR" because for the last few months we've had zero PR. If only there was a big event where they could make an announcement soon...nah that would be too obvious.

@Firefly: Fuck you! I just cleaned up the mess from last time and I'm all out of towels.

Firefly
2011-06-06, 03:55 PM
And right now, I'd take "little PR" because for the last few months we've had zero PR. If only there was a big event where they could make an announcement soon...nah that would be too obvious.
Hey. Planetside had eight years of no PR. What are you trying to say?

Aractain
2011-06-06, 04:00 PM
ahhbtwBF3looksawesomeyaknowwhatameanaaahhyeeahh

BorisBlade
2011-06-06, 06:32 PM
ahhbtwBF3looksawesomeyaknowwhatameanaaahhyeeahh

I hear ya, but its just more of the same but with better graphics. Aka, we play it for a few weeks, maybe a few months, cause it looks awesome. Then we go back to wishin we had PS2 while playin PS1.

Sadly most all FPS's nowadays are very shallow. Lotta graphics but nothin new or anything more than the same deathmatch we had in quake and unreal 15 years ago. Its the same wargame reskinned with new graphics and physics and a few little things for flash but little as far as gameplay additions. Heck many of the new things such as the kill streak things in CoD were terrible additions and really hurt gameplay, it was in fact a step backward in the actual PVP.

NCLynx
2011-06-06, 09:13 PM
Well, no mention of planetside at all. Sweet.

KCTitan
2011-06-06, 09:30 PM
Screw you, Sony.

Screw. You.

NCLynx
2011-06-06, 09:37 PM
If nothing is mentioned at their fan faire about it then I doubt it'll be coming out in the next 2 years.

Rbstr
2011-06-06, 10:14 PM
There wasn't any SOE talk at all, just playstation stuff.
Mention of a MMO fps in Dust 514, I guess. Neato trailer too.
That's the point: The big 3's presentations are all about consoles and stuff for them.

SOE is a separate thing, to some degree. You need SOE's version of EA, activision presentations.
Speaking of,Dayum, those BF3 trailers looked fantastic.

Sifer2
2011-06-06, 11:13 PM
So what did SOE have a booth for anyone know? Pretty disappointing though I suppose there is a slim chance they may still announce something tomorrow.

As for SWTOR they put yet another pretty CG movie. Quite a good deal of effort to cover up the fact the gameplay is the same WoW MMO crap gameplay that's been around for nearly 20 years. Honestly Star Wars Galaxies pre-CU was more different an new than what i'm seeing from TOR. If there is no Planetside Next on the horizon then only MMO i'll be trying is Guild Wars 2.

GTGD
2011-06-06, 11:44 PM
However unlikely, I'm really hoping we get some news soon. They've seriously been stringing us along with next to nothing for what feels like forever. Ok, there's a couple pics on a blog that shows plans for PS2, big deal. A few screenshots with almost no information isn't doing much anymore, and the PS fanbase is getting restless. If they can't give a timetable or more info, I foresee a lot of players just playing until their 45 days are up and letting their sub expire.

Grimster
2011-06-07, 01:16 AM
Well, maybe not exactly E3 related but I thought it was worth posting anyway.

The staff at MMORPG.com has listed more info about the Planetside sequel as one of their top desires with E3.

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/5274/Top-Staff-Desires-for-E3-2011.html

Hamma
2011-06-07, 08:56 AM
Interesting - and yea SOE is separate, owned by Sony Pictures I believe. And if I am not mistaken they do have a booth of their own.

Arkaiden
2011-06-07, 09:41 AM
Interesting - and yea SOE is separate, owned by Sony Pictures I believe. And if I am not mistaken they do have a booth of their own.

They do, and last year it was probably the 5th largest booth though they didn't announce anything non-expansion related.

DviddLeff
2011-06-07, 12:18 PM
Has SOE announced anything about anything yet?

Firefly
2011-06-07, 12:32 PM
I'm wagering $20 that they don't announce a goddamn (relevant) thing for Planetside or Planetside 2.

Tikuto
2011-06-07, 01:03 PM
it'll be a video where a wormhole opens and humans look like ants.

Grimster
2011-06-07, 01:53 PM
Well imo we should keep the whining to a minimum until E3 closes its door. Remember that yesterdays conference by Sony was 1. Before E3 even opened, 2. Done by Sony Computer Entertainment which basically has nothing to do with Sony Online Entertainment what so ever.

So I am not going to whine until after June 9th. :)

Besides SOE has a booth they might make a small announcement there by releasing a couple of shots a trailer or whatever. It is not that uncommon. I doubt SOE has the fan base large enough to justify press conferences of the magnitude that Microsoft, Sony etc holds.

Sirisian
2011-06-07, 02:55 PM
woah this community is optimistic. :) Here I was hoping they'd be at E3 next year when I was watching some other game videos today. This thread makes me optimistic that the fan base will still be around.

Rbstr
2011-06-07, 04:46 PM
It's not optimism, it's being rational.

The Sony that gave the press conference wasn't SOE. No one should have expected Planetside news out of it unless the new Planetside was going to be a PS3 game.

NCLynx
2011-06-07, 08:46 PM
It's not optimism, it's being rational.

The Sony that gave the press conference wasn't SOE. No one should have expected Planetside news out of it unless the new Planetside was going to be a PS3 game.

Which wouldn't have been that big of a surprise. DCUO?

DviddLeff
2011-06-08, 01:26 AM
Webcast from the soe booth wed 2pm pst... Probably just free realms crap.

Aractain
2011-06-08, 05:05 AM
Webcast from the soe booth wed 2pm pst... Probably just free realms crap.

Camera 4, no no, 4!

There! Zoom in and enhance!

Naeadil
2011-06-08, 11:34 AM
SOE is holding a stream on Stickam today from e3.

Join us for our first ever live cast from the E3 show floor. Your hosts Linda "Brasse" Carlson and Aimee "Ashlanne" Rekoske will bring you live to the 2011 SOE E3 booth! Meet the folks giving game demos and hear all about the SOE titles being shown. You don't want to miss this cast!

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?topic_id=1212862

http://www.stickam.com/sonyonline

Raymac
2011-06-08, 03:44 PM
I don't know what's disappointed me more:
-The fact that nothing about Planetside 2 has been mentioned
OR
-No other developer is making an MMOFPS that I can look foward to

At least there's tons of other cool stuff this year.

Tikuto
2011-06-08, 04:15 PM
doesn't seem long ago since last year's E3. I remember these events by the hype-to-disappointments.

lol?

Naeadil
2011-06-08, 04:17 PM
aimeerekoske: As soon as we have news to share about PS we will. Nothing new to announce yet.

No dice.

duomaxwl
2011-06-08, 04:24 PM
Yup. No reason to stick in that channel then.

Aractain
2011-06-08, 04:28 PM
Why? You don't want to here about CLONE WARS KIDDIE ADVENTURES?!?! Or Kiddierealms online?

Not even the DUCO fanbois complaining about the fact their game has no content? No?

duomaxwl
2011-06-08, 04:30 PM
None. At. All. :cry:

DviddLeff
2011-06-08, 04:48 PM
Bastards!

Raymac
2011-06-08, 04:49 PM
I havn't been this disappointed since I was a kid and found out "The Neverending Story" was only 90 minutes.

duomaxwl
2011-06-08, 04:51 PM
I haven't been this disappointed since March.

Vanir
2011-06-08, 07:58 PM
There's always next year's E3! (I hope I'm wrong.)

NCLynx
2011-06-08, 09:16 PM
There's always next year's E3! (I hope I'm wrong.)

Let's hope for something at the Fan Faire before we start push it back to waiting until next years E3.

Hamma
2011-06-08, 09:30 PM
Well *there was nothing on their live stream today I don't suspect we will see anything more.

NCLynx
2011-06-08, 10:12 PM
Well *there was nothing on their live stream today I don't suspect we will see anything more.

Yea but the Fan Faire gives them another month AND it's a convention 100% about Sony and SoE not just SOE with a booth at a huge convention with a lot of other companies. I'm trying to be as optimistic as possible lol.

Hezzy
2011-06-08, 10:25 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath for the fan faire. It's always a bunch of crap about Everquest.

Raymac
2011-06-08, 11:10 PM
I'll start hoping for info at Fan Faire ONLY if they announce they will say something in advance. E3 has taught me that silence = nothin gonna happen.

Vaner
2011-06-08, 11:15 PM
Its over. There is almost zero % chance of PSU coming out before next summer. FUDKING Sony did it again. Screwed over their base. DAmn company, Soo many loyal followers for years. They threw us under the buss. SOmone mentioned fanfaire. No chance. They acted like the game was deep into production, and that their was a release date close. They outright lied to us all. I am pissed beyond words.
No reason for me to keep posting. Maybe ill pop my head in next year near summer. THanks again to the host of this sight for providing a avenue for us old timers. Running a website like this is alot of work. Have fun with the other games that you play. Maybe next summer we will get some kind of light to fill this dark tunnel. As far as Sony is concerned, They can kiss my ass. Later buds.

Aractain
2011-06-09, 01:52 AM
How much press goes to fanfaire? That woulnd't be a great place to announce or show anything unless they invite some dudes over.

I can't see how this game will be released (with any quality) before summer 2011 at this point...

Also SOE announced "thier" (as in not thier at all, just publishing) new game from a devloper in sweden called... lawdown? doglaw? Hie$t? (LOL! was a game by inexile) Lapdown? Who cares. It sounded like a crap game and had lots of info at E3. Meanwhile EQ3 and PS2 (which people are actually interested in) are getting nothing.

Apparently it was called "Payday: The Heist."

Firefly
2011-06-09, 06:35 AM
Let's hope for something at the Fan Faire before we start push it back to waiting until next years E3.

Yea but the Fan Faire gives them another month AND it's a convention 100% about Sony and SoE not just SOE with a booth at a huge convention with a lot of other companies. I'm trying to be as optimistic as possible lol.
Dude I went to the 2006 Fan Faire. They had all three of the Planetside developers there to support Planetside. That was the last time they had anything Planetside-related. It was fucking pathetic. It was all a bunch of fat-ass basement trolls and their fat-ass gunt-having online girlfriends, most of them wearing their Everquest costumes or wearing some retarded RenFest garb. Some neckbeard with scraggly facial hair and a ponytail tied up with a leather thong and a celtic knot that he bought from Hot Topic asked me if I wanted to join his guild. My outfit showed up with like eight people *JUST* for Planetside. Martyr from PSU/Planetside Syndicate was there. That was about the bulk of the Planetside players except for one or two EQ-and-PS players.

On a side note, though... the PS devs took us out for laser tag. They got destroyed.

BlazingSun
2011-06-09, 08:05 AM
YouTube - ***x202a;Game Over Man, GAME OVER! (HD)***x202c;‏

NCLynx
2011-06-09, 10:49 AM
Dude I went to the 2006 Fan Faire. They had all three of the Planetside developers there to support Planetside. That was the last time they had anything Planetside-related. It was fucking pathetic. It was all a bunch of fat-ass basement trolls and their fat-ass gunt-having online girlfriends, most of them wearing their Everquest costumes or wearing some retarded RenFest garb. Some neckbeard with scraggly facial hair and a ponytail tied up with a leather thong and a celtic knot that he bought from Hot Topic asked me if I wanted to join his guild. My outfit showed up with like eight people *JUST* for Planetside. Martyr from PSU/Planetside Syndicate was there. That was about the bulk of the Planetside players except for one or two EQ-and-PS players.

On a side note, though... the PS devs took us out for laser tag. They got destroyed.

My only defence would be in 06 they weren't planning a sequel or really anything huge (that I recall). Can always count on you for the honesty though.

Vaner
2011-06-09, 12:22 PM
I think the best way to sum up our loss is with a song by the Door, starts off with "This is the End, My only friend, the END."

Firefly
2011-06-09, 06:00 PM
I think the best way to sum up our loss is with a song by the Door, starts off with "This is the End, My only friend, the END."
I wouldn't say it's the end. Unless I decide to outright quit. I'm just going to say this: "I have limited gaming income. It's currently going to SWTOR and WH40K Dark Millenium MMO. If SOE wants my money they can suck it out of my dick."

I've just about had it with this horse shit.

BorisBlade
2011-06-09, 08:17 PM
I would love to be in charge of SoE for awhile. They are run so terribly, not just at the top but all the way down. They need much better management in so many areas its not even funny. They can make so much more money if they would just get their shyt together and focus on quality and the customer. Look at the longer term, not this short sighted crap. They get some great opportunities and constantly squander them. And let stupid things (the hackin vulnerabilities which they were warned about many times and did nothin about) cost them a fortune.

Seriously, what monkey runs that place? How hard is it to copy those companies that got it down pat? SoE doesnt even try, and it doesnt even seem like they want to. So much money and such a big company and yet what do they have to show for it? Pathetic if you ask me.

Its not talent thats the prob, its management 100%, they have some good talent its just managed so poorly that you never see it come to full bloom.

Community relations are key. They need to explain whats goin on much better, give updates even if they are nothin more than the most mundane of updates. Just once in a while. Maybe some concept art here or there, simple things, nothin that really ties em down to anything set. But you already got the community expecting a game months ago and now its prob a year off from that date. Toss em a bone, they are the loyal fans, they are tied to many other gamers. And word of mouth is huge in a game like this. Keep those fans on your side, easily worth the time to pop out a pic or maybe a dev blog once in a while. Thats all we ask for, give us some crumbs to keep the interest goin, we are starvin here.

Raymac
2011-06-09, 10:03 PM
I wouldn't say it's the end. Unless I decide to outright quit. I'm just going to say this: "I have limited gaming income. It's currently going to SWTOR and WH40K Dark Millenium MMO. If SOE wants my money they can suck it out of my dick."

I've just about had it with this horse shit.

I'm with you dude. I may be naive, but I believe them when they say they are working hard on the sequel. I'm just pissed I got my hopes up for a release, oh I don't know, sometime this year.

I've got a limited budget for gaming too (stupid economy) and SWTOR confirmed a 2011 release at E3, so thats an automatic for me, but there's also a plethora of cool games coming out. Who am I kidding, I'm sure I'll be buying PS2 the second it releases, but this is a bad omen. Fuckin SOE. When they finally do come out with some info, it better be worth the wait.

Rbstr
2011-06-09, 11:39 PM
You know why there's no news?
They don't have anything to give.
The game just is little more than a couple renders and some theoretical maps on whiteboards leaked by enthusiastic people that jumped the gun.

They're working on it...that's probably the best news we could, and did, get at this stage of development without vaporware explosion risk.

Honestly, it's pretty fucking stupid to have expected anything more than an official announcement. Half of you seem to think this is supposed to launch tomorrow - It's not even official yet!

Of course, then you have the CCP way, demonstrate something that looks nearly done and release it years in the future. Dust has been kicking around for I don't know how long, but they're weird like that. The walking-in-stations EVE expansion has been in development for years and it's just now being released(not that they haven't done stuff in the mean time).

I could see the two ending up releasing at a similar time frame. Good thing it's on a different platform.

Raymac
2011-06-10, 03:04 AM
Rbstr, I used to make that same arguement, but that was back in March. Here we are approaching mid-June and I still know exactly as much as I knew back then. And when the Executive Producer told us in mid-April that we would get alot more details "in the coming weeks and months", I actually thought that meant the coming weeks and months, not several months or more.

And you know what, I bet SOE was using the "We are working hard on it" line with the Agency up until they canned it.

Vaner
2011-06-10, 03:46 PM
Rbstr, I used to make that same arguement, but that was back in March. Here we are approaching mid-June and I still know exactly as much as I knew back then. And when the Executive Producer told us in mid-April that we would get alot more details "in the coming weeks and months", I actually thought that meant the coming weeks and months, not several months or more.

And you know what, I bet SOE was using the "We are working hard on it" line with the Agency up until they canned it.

RAymak, your right on. Im starting to think that SOny has some plants on this forum that are still trying to carry on the lie. If that one poster, who claimed to be affiliated with SOe, was actualy who he said he was. THen its a bad sign of the direction Sony is moving in.

Vancha
2011-06-10, 04:33 PM
I think we can let up on the paranoia now. We knew seeing PS2 at E3 was unlikely, and now what we expected has happened, suddenly everyone's calling vaporware?

Lets face it - Smed, as much as he loves the game, ended up conveying a bafflingly off-the-mark release window. I'm not aware of SoE having said anything about PSN...In fact, I don't think they've even announced it's development officially, but they wouldn't be moving all the assets over to a new engine if they were just going to scrap the project. Calling doomsday on PSN at this point is just silliness.

Raymac
2011-06-10, 05:33 PM
I think we can let up on the paranoia now. We knew seeing PS2 at E3 was unlikely, and now what we expected has happened, suddenly everyone's calling vaporware?

Lets face it - Smed, as much as he loves the game, ended up conveying a bafflingly off-the-mark release window. I'm not aware of SoE having said anything about PSN...In fact, I don't think they've even announced it's development officially, but they wouldn't be moving all the assets over to a new engine if they were just going to scrap the project. Calling doomsday on PSN at this point is just silliness.

Actually, I honestly expected to hear something about PS2 at E3 since hundreds of other games were doing the same thing. Also, that great producer's letter mentioned a timing that coincided with E3, so I read between the lines and got my hopes up. However SOE never once said anything about PS2 being mentioned at E3, so the disappointment is primarily self-inflicted.

Also, I'm far from calling PS2 vaporware. I believe SOE when they say they are still working on it. If it was vaporware, they would have canned it at the same time as the Agency. It's just frustrating because I would have thought we'd have gotten at least some information by now.

Hopefully they will be making a big announcement at Fan Faire, but i'm not holding my breath because they havn't even hinted they'll be talking about PS2 at Fan Faire.

@Vaner: I appreciate the support, but if you are going to take my side, tone down the conspiracy theory paranoia just a tad. You're at about a 7, and we're gonna need you to turn it down to about a 2.

LordReaver
2011-06-14, 07:09 PM
Perhaps they had planned E3 stuff, but delayed it due to the hacking, the closures, and this supposed new engine. I would certainly want to step back and take another look after a 123 like that, before announcing it to the world.

Also, games can be announced anytime. SWTOR wasn't even announced at an expo.

Duffman
2011-06-14, 10:36 PM
Perhaps they had planned E3 stuff, but delayed it due to the hacking, the closures, and this supposed new engine. I would certainly want to step back and take another look after a 123 like that, before announcing it to the world.

Also, games can be announced anytime. SWTOR wasn't even announced at an expo.

And maybe the world really did end March 25...

LordReaver
2011-06-15, 05:44 AM
And maybe the world really did end March 25...

Yes, because considering a possibility is the same as believing the world was going to magically end.

Duffman
2011-06-15, 01:18 PM
No just having faith in SOE right now seems that way to me. I've become very pessimistic concerning PS2.

Lazza
2011-06-16, 04:21 AM
It's apparent to me that they were going to throw a sub par game together using some engine, maybe UE3 as speculated by some people, with minimal resources to milk some money out of us poor saps. Then they realised how much anticipation was surrounding it's release and thought s**t we had better put more effort into this or we are going to get slaughtered, at which point they threw some $$ and people at it and release a nice letter to the tune of hey we f**ked up but it's all good. I would say it's a case of they've started again, and we won't hear much about it for a long time to come, if we hear anything at all. Hopefully everyone hasn't lost interest by then.

Vancha
2011-06-16, 04:26 AM
It's apparent to me that they were going to throw a sub par game together using some engine, maybe UE3 as speculated by some people, with minimal resources to milk some money out of us poor saps. Then they realised how much anticipation was surrounding it's release and thought s**t we had better put more effort into this or we are going to get slaughtered, at which point they threw some $$ and people at it and release a nice letter to the tune of hey we f**ked up but it's all good. I would say it's a case of they've started again, and we won't hear much about it for a long time to come, if we hear anything at all. Hopefully everyone hasn't lost interest by then.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this. I know Smed said the three studio closures had nothing to do with PS2's delay, but I'm thinking with the closure of those three studios and the resulting rise in PS2 staff, SoE decided to pin their hopes on PS2. They've done a Duke-Nukem forever and started over, beginning with a switch to a new engine.

LordReaver
2011-06-17, 12:51 AM
My expectations are moderate. SOE is trapped in a corner right now. Which should be a good thing for PS. The reason being, is that their only two games that worth a damn, are EQ and PS. With WoW still on the table and TOR coming out, EQ isn't exactly in the spotlight anymore. PS on the other hand, could potentially revolutionize the gaming world. SOE knows this on some level. The game shouldn't be so badly coded this time around, meaning continued development will hopefully be better. They have also learned how marketing can actually do them wonders (DCUO). However, their track record is still absolutely terrible, so I'm on the fence.