PDA

View Full Version : What do you hope to see next week

Hamma
2011-06-30, 09:23 PM
So what does everyone hope to see next week? I know this has somewhat been covered but I figured I would give it its own thread.. :lol:

Sirisian
2011-06-30, 09:31 PM
I predict an answer to every question we posted. :p (I would have preferred a system for voting on questions, but I guess we can cross our fingers).

Hezzy
2011-06-30, 09:42 PM
I expect to see lots of drunken developers

Hamma
2011-06-30, 09:58 PM
I predict an answer to every question we posted. :p (I would have preferred a system for voting on questions, but I guess we can cross our fingers).

Interesting thought! This is our old school Ask the Devs form. We will keep that in mind as a future improvement :) Just wasn't enough time this time around.

Aractain
2011-06-30, 11:17 PM
A flamewar. :P

Lonehunter
2011-06-30, 11:21 PM
I wish this said hope to see. But because it's expectations, I'll try to keep my pessimistic mouth shut, except for...

BFRs!!!!!!!

Tikuto
2011-07-01, 02:31 AM
The sky will fall and Bend this shit again.

YEEEAAARGH!

Canaris
2011-07-01, 02:36 AM
A giant gold statue of me for all the great works I've done over the years would be nice but since this isn't my fantasy land,
I'd settle with some nice juicy NEW things they're thinking of adding to our beloved PS2 :D

We've seen some oldies but goldies already, now is the time to make some of us braingasm :eek: others drool :doh: and the ones like Firefly to fap, lol :lol:

Senyu
2011-07-01, 03:29 AM
"Welcome to Sony fanfaire this year, love to see our fans show their dedication to the work we do. All our booths are set up and ready to show what their working on and showcase their projects. Oh almost forgot, those who came here for Planetside 2 please exit the building and go to the nearby allyway. Thats where you'll find the booth as their wasn't enough to budget them into the building. But I'm sure you'll be satisfied with whatever information they provide you"

Firefly
2011-07-01, 07:36 AM
I expect that someone will attempt to recreate my stunt at Fanfaire of sleeping with the Everquest model chick.

Vancha
2011-07-01, 07:51 AM
Probably a lot of question dodging and things they can't tell us.

Hamma
2011-07-01, 09:27 AM
You guys have failed miserably at this thread. :lol:

I've changed the thread to "what do you hope to see" because people never have good predictions about SOE :lol: Sadly it's not surprising.. haha.

So instead, we will use hope.. :P

The Desert Fox
2011-07-01, 09:32 AM
Something even remotely, somewhat possibly even close to the relevance of something that relates to Planetside Next/2/2012/Whatever.

Vancha
2011-07-01, 10:01 AM
I'd like to see a trailer of some kind. I'm guessing a more abstract teaser than anything too revealing. I'd also like them to announce and detail exciting new aspects of Planetside 2.

Finding out they haven't ruined sniping/cloaking and that there will be different empire-specific weapons would be good too.

Canaris
2011-07-01, 10:40 AM
Oh sorry Hamma you wanted a serious answer, you should have said hehe ;)

Well what I hope to hear about PS2 at the fanfaire on July 8th at 10 o'clock is all about what Planetside 2 will be, key features of the new game.
What'll make it differant from Planetside 1, maybe even a sneak peak at some new tech?

I'm expecting to see alot of rehashed key features, not from any laziness on SOEs part but we here know all about what PS is, where as John Q public have'nt got a clue.

Raymac
2011-07-01, 11:51 AM
I have 2 massive hopes, but I have low expectations for seeing them.
#1 - A trailer
#2 - 2011 release date

If I see either of those, I'll be running around screaming like the 49ers just won the Super Bowl. If I see both, I may just go into shock.

Dorest0rm
2011-07-01, 12:18 PM
I would really love to see how exactly the aircraft will work, i love flying.

DviddLeff
2011-07-01, 02:17 PM
Hopes:

Official announcement
Release date
Trailer
Website

Although if we get even one of those I'll be surprised.

dorgo
2011-07-01, 02:42 PM
Hopes:

Official announcement
Release date
Trailer
Website

All of the above plus what anti-cheat/hacking measures they are employing, plus if there is going to be any type of boats, navy in PS2...

wolfkrone
2011-07-01, 03:23 PM
Hopes

-We see the new PlanetSide game in action
-They didn't give everyone jetpacks

Sirisian
2011-07-01, 05:33 PM
I would really love to see how exactly the aircraft will work, i love flying.
That was one of my questions I posted. "Will planes have 6 degrees of freedom allowing barrel rolls and loops?"

I too hope so since mosquito vs liberator fights are too predictable.

One question I didn't get to ask is if meteors will be making a return. I love those things.

Lunarchild
2011-07-01, 06:44 PM
Gameplay videos! Show us that those massive battles are still possible on a big range of machines :)
Release date
Beta date
Playable version at Fan Faire!

Ofcourse I doubt we'll get all this, but still :P

BorisBlade
2011-07-01, 08:04 PM
Hopes

-We see the new PlanetSide game in action
-They didn't give everyone jetpacks

lol yeah if they added jetpacks for everyone i would completely lose interest in the game. There are enough terribad games out there with em. Dont need to ruin ps2 with that crap.

But yeah ill take anyting i can get, trailer of in game stuff (no cg crap), some details of the game, some actual pics. Somethin visual preferably.

Miir
2011-07-01, 08:10 PM
Alpha videos
Cinematic Trailer
Beta information
Something big to kick off a huge marketing campaign
Answers to the most popular questions

Lonehunter
2011-07-01, 10:47 PM
ANYTHING OFFICIAL! A website, a trailer, Coming Soon letter, anything.

Vaner
2011-07-02, 02:44 PM
I hope to see Smed raped by a pack of ravenous wolves. Yep, that about covers it. FUcking hate deception. That fucker can burn in hell.

Vancha
2011-07-02, 04:23 PM
I hope to see Smed raped by a pack of ravenous wolves. Yep, that about covers it. FUcking hate deception. That fucker can burn in hell.

:doh:

LordReaver
2011-07-02, 04:32 PM

You don't seem to be a very pleasant person. If you go and read stuff around the forum, you will notice that Smed appears to be on our side. He would love to show us the game, but due to company policies (which are there for very good reasons) he can't. This is where your "deception" comes from. Your own inability to not understand the difference between official and unofficial information.

Firefly
2011-07-02, 11:37 PM
I'll wait until you come back from the ban to call you a whiny emo kid.

krnasaur
2011-07-03, 01:50 AM
Info on beta is all im hoping for right now

Grimster
2011-07-03, 09:26 AM
I expect that someone will attempt to recreate my stunt at Fanfaire of sleeping with the Everquest model chick.

lol .... right. :) :doh:

BlazingSun
2011-07-03, 10:38 AM
"What do you hope to see next week?" ... the better question would be "What do you expect to see/hear next week?" as I'm hoping for a lot, but don't expect much.

Maybe it would not require much of a stunt for someone else to get the same result?

Vancha
2011-07-03, 11:34 AM
"What do you hope to see next week?" ... the better question would be "What do you expect to see/hear next week?" as I'm hoping for a lot, but don't expect much.

The thread was originally "what do you predict on seeing next week?", but Hamma changed it to "hope" because of people responding based on SoE's track record like yourself. :p