PDA

View Full Version : Reminiscing

Pella
2011-07-05, 03:00 PM
I was actually laying in bed last night for a good few hours thinking of what will PS2 become. And reminiscing the good old days.

Its actually crazy what planetside has played in my life. back when i was about 17-18 i stayed in my bedroom in my parents house and constantly played planetside every single day of my life for 3 years solid with no care to get a job at all. i still managed to keep my Girlfriend some how, who is now my wife and mother of our 2 Children. I am far from a nerdy guy, And i wonder sometimes other than my close online friends like Metalwolf and Ironmole which i keep in contact now and then. what happened to everyone else that i grew up with playing planetside from the start?

Are we still in love with the game? or like me actually afraid you cannot commit or devote much time to such a epic game. where the new breed of younger gamers are going to over take us and end up just like me. I am 25 and all grown up with a house and a successful job to look after.. i am just afraid of planetside 2 being so amazing i have to play it like a addict again!

Cheers

Akapella

DviddLeff
2011-07-05, 03:39 PM
8 years on most of the players (presuming 16-25 average age) have grown up and now have a huge amount of responsibility compared to how it was.

I was at university and nearly dropped out due to PS; worked like a bastard over the Summer holiday to make up so I could stick with the Physics degree into the second year.

Now I'm a damned teacher with a mortgage to take care of.

Redshift
2011-07-05, 03:50 PM
i'm the same as leff, but a biology teacher instead :P

Raymac
2011-07-05, 04:09 PM
We'll be the old timers sitting on the porch talking about how great the Old Oshur was, and how kids in PS2 today are too soft and have it easy. "I used to wait in the HART for an hour just to get through the queue, now get off my lawn!"

basti
2011-07-05, 04:14 PM
Ahh, storys!

When i first played planetside, CC just got released. And this goddamn Game did cost me a year in school, had to repeat one.
25 now, in second year of my apprenticeship, after i did evening school and army n stuff (national service or whatever its called for you guys, basically 9 month of boredom, but cash ^^)

But i dont have to fear PS Next, i know exatly that there are just 2 ways for me: 1. Its not what i want it to be, and i dont play it much, if at all
2. it is what i want it to be, and i spend every single free second becoming the first cr5 or whatever it will be and herd my sheeple to conquer auraxis once and for all. LONG LIVE THE VANU SOVEREIGNTY!

But yea, years went by, and lots of stuff happend. Lots of people in my outfit married, got kids, such stuff. Lots of years, lots of stuff, and not a single moment wasted.

basti
2011-07-05, 04:17 PM
We'll be the old timers sitting on the porch talking about how great the Old Oshur was, and how kids in PS2 today are too soft and have it easy. "I used to wait in the HART for an hour just to get through the queue, now get off my lawn!"

Planetside veterans day?
"Back in the day, we didnt have those fancy SMGs or whatever this stuffs called, we used to fight with our bare hands, OUR BARE HANDS, HEAR ME KIDDO?"

:D

Raymac
2011-07-05, 04:28 PM
Planetside veterans day?
"Back in the day, we didnt have those fancy SMGs or whatever this stuffs called, we used to fight with our bare hands, OUR BARE HANDS, HEAR ME KIDDO?"

Hell yeah we are making a Planetside Veterans Day!
May 20th every year, I want an in-game thank you card.

Lunarchild
2011-07-05, 05:17 PM
Planetside veterans day?

The good old days, when command would tell you to form up at HART B, and wait until they called a target ^^

Firefly
2011-07-05, 09:32 PM
I was laying in bed last night, having sex for a few good hours. I didn't waste one braincell on Planetside.

Lucage
2011-07-06, 05:18 AM
Hello Akapella. How's it going fella?

Aractain
2011-07-06, 05:21 AM
When I think of my past with Planetside (started in like august 2003) I just rage about the terrible mechanics designs and what 'could have been' if they did it right.

LordReaver
2011-07-06, 06:58 AM
I was laying in bed last night, having sex for a few good hours. I didn't waste one braincell on Planetside.

He's lieing, it was masturbation to a picture of a beamer.

Firefly
2011-07-06, 07:29 AM
He's lieing, it was masturbation to a picture of a beamer.
You can find the videos on the internet.

BlazingSun
2011-07-06, 08:22 AM
Nice to hear from you Akapella.

Maybe we should make a seperat thread somewhere ... a meeting place for the old Werner community.

Pella
2011-07-06, 10:07 AM
HI Lucage mate. Still nailing thoose sheep?

And thanks Korn, allot of guys from werner hook up @ soulreapers.net use the forum section.

LordReaver
2011-07-06, 08:51 PM
You can find the videos on the internet.

I'd rather not watch you wank off. :lol:

Firefly
2011-07-07, 08:18 AM
I'd rather not watch my mom orally finish you off. :lol:
Fixed.

Canaris
2011-07-07, 08:23 AM
is that the original Soul Reapers from werner then?

Zargas
2011-07-07, 02:03 PM
Been sleeping since 2007, just got up and i get to play PS2? right sign me up
give me a weapon and point me towards a base

Led
2011-07-07, 10:09 PM
Back in the day, when our HART was a catapult and our only weapon was harsh language.

I played planetside from beta until only a month or two after release, I got burned out.

Then I went and joined the Army :P

LordReaver
2011-07-07, 10:59 PM
Fixed.

Nobody would want to watch that.

Redshift
2011-07-08, 12:43 AM
is that the original Soul Reapers from werner then?

Yes

Canaris
2011-07-08, 02:22 AM
Yes

Ha kewl, glad to see you guys still going strong, I wore the Reaper emblem proudly for a time with my char Necron :D

Firefly
2011-07-08, 07:59 AM
I read that as "Soup Reaper" until I went back and re-reread it.

Otaku Jones
2011-07-08, 02:09 PM
I played PS from beta for about 6 months and then repeatedly over the years; always Vanu.

Shinobi Outfit @ Emerald

Agrojagg
2011-09-17, 12:23 AM
Back in the day, when our HART was a catapult and our only weapon was harsh language.

I played planetside from beta until only a month or two after release, I got burned out.

Then I went and joined the Army :P

Back in the day, when you were ranked 1st in the game, and chewed me out regularly for getting us killed? was such a pain for me just try and stay in the top 10 =)

I played till i was laid off from work, I often think about the players that were in my Outfit back in the day and wonder where they are now. Maybe when Planetside 2 is released I'll see some of them there.. who knows? It's unlikely though.

Fuel Truck
2011-09-17, 09:34 AM
I was 14 when me and my buddies started playing PS. Some of the greatest moments in video game history for us, we still tell our epic stories today.

Jump ahead 8 years, I'm 22 and work 80 hours a week while on the road. I haven't touched a MMO in about 4-5 years. This is the first game I've seen in awhile that even remotely sparked interest, let alone make me want to play.

2coolforu
2011-09-17, 09:41 AM
Started playing back in 2003 when I was 10 or so. Now it's eight years in the future and I'm 18 and about to ship off to Uni in a few days so just like a few guys have said Planetside nearly made them drop out of a Physics degree Planetside 2 might drop me out of mine.

Good times!

But Planetside is my greatest gaming memory and the only game that kept me playing it for such a long time apart from maybe AOE 2 and some of the C&C's. I remember it was my teacher in year 5 of primary school here in the UK that told me about it, I had been playing games since '95 with the original C&C so I guess I started early in the world of gaming. Although I've no doubt that I acted like an absolute prat when I was 10/11, at least with Planetside 2 I will have the advantage of being mature and all round better at FPS games, still gonna keep the name though - if anyone asks it's an ironic social commentary on the immature gamers who make ridiculous names and use 1337 speak, yup.

Traak
2011-09-17, 01:07 PM
Killing vehicles with yellow shells in 32-shot Jackhammers.

cellinaire
2011-09-18, 03:02 AM
Oh

When I first played Planetside, I was a guy. Now, I'm a guy.

Traak
2011-09-18, 06:28 AM
The coffins. WAY too morbid for me.

Crator
2011-09-18, 07:35 AM
Played PS1 since open beta. I was hooked the first time I logged in. Sanctuary was filled with troops gearing up for a raid. Many GALs landing and picking up troops. I got into my first GAL. Once it was filled we fly of the the massive battle. Too much fun and one of a kind experience.