PDA

View Full Version : Too good to be true?

bennybikerboy
2011-07-10, 03:17 AM
Sorry if you've seen this type of thread before.

I've always had run-ins with the 'Too Good To Be True.'

Mostly women. Ho-ho.

But anyway, I just finished watching the Dev round table and the Q and A and I got very excited because this is my dream game. Honestly, I'm happy with everything.
Then it hit me; it's such a beautiful game that it has to fail or not live up to the hype they've created.

The territory concept they have come up with is beautiful.
The flying mechanics sound beautiful.
1000 players? Yes, please.

but honestly?
I'm a little worried that this will be a flop with all the stuff they're cramming into it.

I've thought about it and PS 1 was definitely ahead of its time. My friend told me the graphics are crap, but he fails to realize that it came out in 2003 and it's features were highly unique and I haven't seen most of them anywhere. What if the same thing happens with PS2? They try all these crazy ideas and it just crashes and burns.

Also I'm worried about marketing and all that. They mentioned that the only way for this game to be successful is to have a large community.

I'm scared, dudes.

tl;dr

It's too good to be true. So many amazing things they're putting into it. How can it be successful with all the hype they're throwing at us?

I want it to be successful. Obviously. :(

Bags
2011-07-10, 03:19 AM
Baseless fear mongering is always fun. Sure it might not live up to the hype; doesn't mean it's going to crash and burn.

bennybikerboy
2011-07-10, 03:26 AM
You're probably right, but I'm just venting. Kinda.

Grimster
2011-07-10, 03:31 AM
Well if you expect the game to revolutionize your world then you might be dissapointed. It all depends on how much you hyoe the game to yourself.

Personally I am hyping it a lot and I try not to because i Don't want to be dissapointed when it is released. :)

Firefly
2011-07-10, 08:25 AM
http://www.the-bwc.com/imagez/slamz/no.jpg

bennybikerboy
2011-07-10, 12:22 PM
Sorry about this thread, guys. :)

I just saw a thread that was called "Why you don't need to worry about PS2"
I laughed out loud.

Tikuto
2011-07-10, 12:33 PM
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee92/PROJEKTxxMURDER/ThisThreadSucks.jpg

bkx
2011-07-10, 01:58 PM
I was very skeptical about this game because of the drought of information. But after seeing the interviews at Fan Faire, it seems the game is pretty far into internal development, and it looks like they are serious about making PS2 succeed.

Plus a lot of details look really good (the CEO is a BF2 fan, they are actually listening to player feedback, they are taking the best ideas from Planetside).