PDA

View Full Version : No instancing, seamless travel. What are the implications?

Hezzy
2011-07-10, 05:42 AM
Possibly navies? They mention that in the future there may even be other worlds. If they keep the same theme of no instancing, then we could very well be looking at space combat!

I really hope this will happen. Especially if there's no transition between ground and orbit!

SKYeXile
2011-07-10, 05:56 AM
i think everybody is getting confused by "instance" and "zone" and "region"

Instance: there are no instances in the original planetside, except for virtual reality, an instance in all MMO's when the game duplicates an identical map or scenario, and lets different groups experience it at the same same time separate from eachother.

Zone: I'm pretty sure in the interviews they confirmed their would be multiple continents, these are zones, which you would load into, like loading from sanc into say hossin.

Region: regions are something new in PS2, they are group of hex grids clustered together to from a region in a continent, so by taking control of caer you would control say 6 hex grids that make-up the caer region. and the resource benfits of that region.

what they;re saying is you will seamless load into region to region, which is the same as planetside is now anyway.