PDA

View Full Version : Stamina

Lunarchild
2011-07-10, 08:23 AM
I was just reading through the "what did you like about PS1" thread, and then came across someone who wrote "lack of bunny-hopping"... This made me wonder if stamina would be making a return in Planetside 2.

In Planetside it was a great way to prevent silly things like bunny-hopping, overtly usage of implants, etc.

In Planetside 2, I am hoping it is also linked to your ability to sprint. So, overly much sprinting or jumping will cause your implants to drop, and make you walk until you get a good long rest!

What do you guys think? Stamina, yes or no?

basti
2011-07-10, 08:25 AM
Yes! While it sucked to be out of stam, it really added to the game. It made you think more carefully where to go and what to do, instead of just running around like crazy.

Firefly
2011-07-10, 08:27 AM
Concur. Any of you ever worn a flak vest or body armour? I can't imagine doing a bunch of stupid bunny hops in that, let alone a full suit. The closest thing I have is a suit of Space Marine armour, which is made of foam and fibreglass and therefore is decently-weighted. I'm not bunny-hopping in that - I'd get tired after about 0.5 seconds of that shit.

CutterJohn
2011-07-10, 08:41 AM
I liked stamina, but I'd like it to fill faster. Also, there should be a sprint. Ditch surge.

Running out should not make you walk though, that was annoying. Same with jumping. Bunny hopping does not bug me so long as there is a huge cof penalty. Some folks like jumping. Doesn't hurt me any, so why not let them?

All vehicles should have an energy bar too, for special abilities. Turbos, ABs, temporary shields(BF2142 style), jump jets, etc.

Aractain
2011-07-10, 09:10 AM
Totaly agree, no stamina and you can't jump or sprint. Managing your stamina is pretty good gameplay.

No walking though, thats dumb.

I don't mind if implants are taken out of stamina and just made into recharge timers or on/off trade-offs.

2coolforu
2011-07-10, 09:33 AM
Stamina was one of those really cool features that was a tiny addition to the game that made a huge difference. It really added a good minigame of balancing jumping, damage and implants to prevent you getting fatigued. It also made quite a lot of sense, jumping with a heavy backpack on or while carrying a bunch of weights is as tiring as hell, it'll knock your calves out in no time.