PDA

View Full Version : Forum Etiquette

Hamma
2011-07-10, 11:41 PM
Things are really picking up around here and will continue to in the coming months. The PlanetSide 2 Developers will be dropping by from time to time to post comments and answer questions. It's important we have very constructive debate in these forums to help the devs find things easier.

Be sure to check out the Forum Rules (http://www.planetside-universe.com/forums/faq.php?faq=forum_rules#faq_general_forum_rules). And in addition to that please try and keep the swearing and abuse of forum features to a minimum. There's no need to attack people if their opinions differ from yours please be constructive when replying.

We will begin using the warning and point system on the forums, if you get a warning please do not take it personally. No offense is intended it is simply a request to change your actions a bit.

And if you feel someone is causing a problem please use the report button. http://www.planetside-universe.com/forums/images/ps/buttons/report.gif

There's always The Lounge (http://www.planetside-universe.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15) where almost anything goes.

If anyone has any questions or comments please feel free to post here or send me a PM http://www.planetside-universe.com/forums/images/ps/buttons/sendtofriend.gif (http://www.planetside-universe.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=1)

Also keep an eye on the VIP Tracker (http://www.planetside-universe.com/forums/gviptracker.php) to see what the Devs are up to! :D

Firefly
2011-07-11, 08:10 AM
Well lads, I'm fucked.

Hamma
2011-07-11, 08:40 AM
:lol:

Goku
2011-07-11, 12:06 PM
Hamma, I don't know if you guys need more Mods, but if ever do I would willing to help make sure nothing gets out of hand. I will be visiting this forum throughout the day and night now to get all the info I can get now.

Vancha
2011-07-11, 07:57 PM
Same here. I have prior experience of moderating a busy fansite (CoD4Central in 08/09, before the forums went away), and way too much free time.

Either way, I'm excited to see how this place grows as we reach the era of PS2 - especially if we have somewhat regular contact with the developers.

Firefly
2011-07-11, 08:14 PM
I've already volunteered like three different times and they made it clear that I'm too much of a caustic asshole to fucking retards to be of any value to civilized society.

Forsaken One
2011-07-11, 08:29 PM
I've already volunteered like three different times and they made it clear that I'm too much of a caustic asshole to fucking retards to be of any value to civilized society.

Fact is much of civilized society needs to be bitch slapped back into not being stupid and fat. I support you being a mod.

The Dee Dee Dee's need to be set right.

YouTube - ***x202a;Dee Dee Dee song (Official Music Video)***x202c;‏

Hamma
2011-07-11, 09:16 PM
especially if we have somewhat regular contact with the developers.

This will continue to happen :)

Right now we are pretty good on Moderators but the time may arrise in the near future.

Goku
2011-07-11, 09:25 PM

You're too entertaining.

Hamma, I will keep my eyes out then. Glad to see this forum spiking with activity.

NCLynx
2011-07-12, 07:24 AM

I can only imagine the annihilation of everyone who's ever posted anything even remotely stupid. I myself would probably get swept up in the banwave lol.

Firefly
2011-07-12, 09:36 AM
I can only imagine the annihilation of everyone who's ever posted anything even remotely stupid. I myself would probably get swept up in the banwave lol.
It's not that I go out of my way to be an asshole. And it's not stupid shit that gets me - everyone has dumb ideas or dumb moments. I have my fair share. It's jackass trolls that get me. Shit like that kid with the goddamn sniper thread, talking like he's a real sniper... and then indicating that it's his lack of skill that makes him hate snipers.

Baneblade
2011-07-12, 11:00 AM
Yeah, don't ask me to be a mod.

And no, that isn't an attempt at reverse psychology.

p0intman
2011-07-12, 11:11 AM
i have been banned on two soe official forums
i have been banned from planetside syndicate forums
i have been banned from minimum of 4-ish unrelated forums

last time i was a moderator of anything, i banned 30+ people in a week for rampant idiocy.

why? I'm a huge jackass when it comes to idiots, and don't really give a flying fuck about the opinions of others.

that said, ill volunteer to be a mod here, if needed. I can promise to be the single worst tyrant ever.

Baneblade
2011-07-12, 11:22 AM
I was banned from PlanetSide Syndicate too lol, after telling Triggar off.

p0intman
2011-07-12, 12:19 PM
I was banned from PlanetSide Syndicate too lol, after telling Triggar off.

I have no idea what my PSS ban was for, I think it was for referring to either triggar or that other guy who runs it as a raving douchebag. Really don't care, either.

It's not that I go out of my way to be an asshole. And it's not stupid shit that gets me - everyone has dumb ideas or dumb moments. I have my fair share. It's jackass trolls that get me. Shit like that kid with the goddamn sniper thread, talking like he's a real sniper... and then indicating that it's his lack of skill that makes him hate snipers.

wanted to comment on this. was reading that post and couldn't help but laugh at the guy. if it were me, I'd of warned him for trolling/inciting flames, and then outright banned him if he didn't get the hint. also, id of forcefully renamed him to something other than planetside.

quite possibly along the lines of 'idiot' 'douchewaffle' 'raving homosexual basementdweller' or 'forever alone shut in'

Firefly
2011-07-12, 12:36 PM
I have no idea what my PSS ban was for, I think it was for referring to either triggar or that other guy who runs it as a raving douchebag. Really don't care, either.
Martyr? Triggar's boyfriend at the time? I never found either of them to be anything but pleasant. Triggar had some great titties, too. As far as pix go I mean.

wanted to comment on this. was reading that post and couldn't help but laugh at the guy. if it were me, I'd of warned him for trolling/inciting flames, and then outright banned him if he didn't get the hint. also, id of forcefully renamed him to something other than planetside.

quite possibly along the lines of 'idiot' 'douchewaffle' 'raving homosexual basementdweller' or 'forever alone shut in'
I don't think he was trolling (at first). I think he had a valid point - except for the few posts he made where he was talking like he was an IRL sniper. Which set me off because the shit he was saying made me absolutely certain that he wasn't. Eventually it just turned out to be beating a dead horse with every fucking post he made until he got to the part about "I hate snipers that heal because I suck at sniping and I want to one-shot them so they can't be forever invincible to me" at which point I fucking snapped again.

p0intman
2011-07-12, 02:53 PM
Martyr

Yeah thats the name.

I don't think he was trolling (at first). I think he had a valid point - except for the few posts he made where he was talking like he was an IRL sniper. Which set me off because the shit he was saying made me absolutely certain that he wasn't. Eventually it just turned out to be beating a dead horse with every fucking post he made until he got to the part about "I hate snipers that heal because I suck at sniping and I want to one-shot them so they can't be forever invincible to me" at which point I fucking snapped again.

Reading it all in one go makes it seem like a troll, IMO. Maybe thats why. Also, I'll be lesad if me and my entire outfit can't cert and take advantage of adv medic (ressurection) and adv hacking in all of our standard loadouts. Its pretty standard for us, and adds a lot of survivability in situations stacked against our collective odds, which makes it fun for us ATM. Sniping has its place, but not as one-shot-kills-all-the-time.

Raymac
2011-07-12, 03:31 PM
I'd like to officially complain about the forum here now. For months, I used to be able to see all the new commented threads towards the top of the first page. Now, when I check in to see whats new I have to scroll through over a page of new commented threads about PS2.

When did I give permission for this site to become so popular? ;) Stupid devs asking for our feedback. Are they trying to make the game awesome or something?

basti
2011-07-12, 03:56 PM
Hamma, if you actually accept my application at some point, will you give me enough mod power to bend time and space? This way i couldn't just ban trolls, but also send them into black holes. :D

Hamma
2011-07-12, 04:16 PM
:lol:

razor851
2011-07-12, 06:14 PM
Hamma, if you actually accept my application at some point, will you give me enough mod power to bend time and space? This way i couldn't just ban trolls, but also send them into black holes. :D
Someone like you could never be a reliable moderator, because you think every post that disagrees with your opinion is a "troll."

You probably think this post is a troll.

Raymac
2011-07-12, 06:46 PM
Someone like you could never be a reliable moderator, because you think every post that disagrees with your opinion is a "troll."

If only there was a Sticky that talked about avoiding personal attacks...oh right, it's the OP.

Hamma
2011-07-12, 06:48 PM
Indeed, fail.

Baneblade
2011-07-12, 09:30 PM
Martyr? Triggar's boyfriend at the time? I never found either of them to be anything but pleasant. Triggar had some great titties, too. As far as pix go I mean.

If you like passive aggressive women who also wear the pants.

Firefly
2011-07-12, 09:44 PM
If you like passive aggressive women who also wear the pants.
I haven't met a woman yet who can wear my pants. That's all I'm sayin'. But all that is irrelevant - it doesn't stop her from being a nice person. At least, *I* never had any trouble with her.

Baneblade
2011-07-12, 09:46 PM
She was nice for awhile.

They still have the forum name I suggested... SyndiComms... lol

basti
2011-07-13, 02:31 AM

I indeed have a rather aggressive discussion style if it goes down to opinions, but I always try to see the reasoning behind other ideas.
And the only troll ive seen here so far got banned. Besides that, trolling only becomes an issue if it ends in personal attacks.
That being said, I did moderate several forums in my life, and so far handed out exactly 4 warnings and 1 limited ban, but wrote several hundred pms telling people that they have to think more carefully about their posts, like you should do. :p

Lunarchild
2011-07-13, 03:24 AM
I indeed have a rather aggressive discussion style if it goes down to opinions, but I always try to see the reasoning behind other ideas.
And the only troll ive seen here so far got banned. Besides that, trolling only becomes an issue if it ends in personal attacks.
That being said, I did moderate several forums in my life, and so far handed out exactly 4 warnings and 1 limited ban, but wrote several hundred pms telling people that they have to think more carefully about their posts, like you should do. :p

I've banned tons of people... Mostly spam bots though :/

Firefly
2011-07-13, 08:25 AM
MY COCK IS BIGGER THAN YOURS! I BAN PEOPLE WITH A SWING OF MY COCK! BLAH! BLAH YADADASDKNSADGLNSFAKLGXM,.;'BMD TGHDFBG!!

really, guys?

NCLynx
2011-07-13, 12:02 PM
MY COCK IS BIGGER THAN YOURS! I BAN PEOPLE WITH A SWING OF MY COCK! BLAH! BLAH YADADASDKNSADGLNSFAKLGXM,.;'BMD TGHDFBG!!

really, guys?

I have a bigger ban than you do.

jk I'd rather not be on Firefly's bad side.

Firefly
2011-07-13, 12:22 PM
MAH BANSHAKE BRINGS ALL THE TROLLS TO THA YARD, DAMN RIGHT, IT'S BIGGAH THAN YOURZZZZZ...

p0intman
2011-07-13, 11:10 PM

really, guys?

HEY LOOK YOU JUST SUMMED UP EVERY CR5 CHAT EVER.

Hamma
2011-08-15, 06:56 PM
Unsticking this thread for now. Rules can always be found here:

http://planetside-universe.com/forums/faq.php?faq=forum_rules

Also a reminder that Sigbot has returned from hibernation and has begun eating signatures on a regular basis again. Review the rules above to see how you can avoid becoming a victim.

Firefly
2011-08-15, 08:30 PM
My signature > Sigbot.

Crator
2011-08-16, 12:47 PM
Well lads, I'm *&*&$@#.

Reported for violation of forum rules like you asked Hamma :P

Firefly
2011-08-16, 01:28 PM
Reported for violation of forum rules like you asked Hamma :P
Well lads, I'm fucked again!

Atuday
2011-08-16, 02:15 PM
I'm just waiting for the day when I can report Hamma for abuse. I WATCH THE WATCHER MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. And yeah Firefly you are completely boned.

FriendlyFire
2011-08-16, 02:25 PM
MAH BANSHAKE BRINGS ALL THE TROLLS TO THA YARD, DAMN RIGHT, IT'S BIGGAH THAN YOURZZZZZ...

http://i.qkme.me/5y4i.jpg

This needs to be your signature.

Firefly
2011-08-16, 06:27 PM
No.