PDA

View Full Version : putting the 'if' in knife

klu
2011-07-11, 04:35 PM
not a poll for instagib, just what style knife do you prefer

Death2All
2011-07-11, 04:37 PM
I'd prefer the equitable 2-3 hit kill knife that PS1 had. It served it's purpose and wasn't over powered.

Zulthus
2011-07-11, 04:38 PM
Quick knife FTL.

basti
2011-07-11, 04:43 PM
Equip it, more fun, allows to get your knive out and sneak up to the enemy. ;)

Rbstr
2011-07-11, 04:48 PM
Why must all options in all of these polls be between crappy PS1 implementation and crappy COD implementation?

basti
2011-07-11, 04:50 PM
do you have a third option?

Sifer2
2011-07-11, 04:54 PM
Not only equip but only a one hit kill from behind. An only with a short animation that takes a moment to trigger. I don't want face stabbing nonsense at all its stupid. Should be at least 3 hits to full health kill a heavy armor guy from the front. Should almost always lose to someone with a Shotgun or AR up close. I just really hate the games that let you charge around corners instagibbing people with a knife. It was the one thing in Battlefield that just made me want to turn the game off when a guy runs around the corner an I unload half a clip into his guts but he kills me faster in one knife slash. Some games the melee even kills faster than Shotguns ugh.

Oh an cloakers don't get knives lol. Not unless they are only semi invisible this time.

Haro
2011-07-11, 04:56 PM
Why must all options in all of these polls be between crappy PS1 implementation and crappy COD implementation?

I agree, I'm not a huge fan of either of these. Any ideas, though? I always liked Halo Reach's assassinations, especially with the animations, but I'm probably not speaking for the majority here.

LordReaver
2011-07-11, 04:57 PM
So we talking the same TTK? Say you have your rifle out, and decide to go for a knife kill, is the time between having your gun out, to killing, to going back to firing with your rifle the same? If so, I prefer the quick knife, because it's less button presses. If they are different, then it really depends on what the differences are.

Rbstr
2011-07-11, 04:59 PM
Equitable and instant kill, quick and multiple hits. To just mix these up.

I personally think Knifes/melee should be crap except if you've actually suck up on someone (which is to say of the two I prefer PS1's implementation).
I think having some kind of charging time if it's instant kill...So you have to be behind them for some seconds. Or only back stabs really count for anything, but it takes 2/3 pokes.

Honestly, simply shooting the guy in the back of the head should be the better option, unless you care about being quiet.

Forsaken One
2011-07-11, 05:01 PM
well my choice matters with whats going to happen to the game. In real Planetside a equip able 2-3 knife was good.

But in this whats turning out to be Tard-side the Planetside for Monkeys I'd demand quick pull one shot kill knifes as well as 3 bullet max kills in order to help offset the stupidity headshots will pull if they even do 1% extra damage.