PDA

View Full Version : PlanetSide 2 Early Impressions

Hamma
2011-07-13, 04:56 PM
http://www.planetside-universe.com/news-planetside-2-early-impressions-2506.htm

Raymac
2011-07-13, 05:09 PM
Thanks Hamma. It was tremendous that you were able to be there to represent the fans, and then report back to us far more details than I thought we'd see.

Real quick, I love the idea that the physics will allow for vehicles to "slide and fishtail". It's just cool.

Rarntogo
2011-07-13, 05:13 PM
Thanks Hamma. It was tremendous that you were able to be there to represent the fans, and then report back to us far more details than I thought we'd see.

Gotta agree. *Fist bump* Thanks for bringing all this cool stuff to us and keeping us in the loop. Cant put a price on stuff like this. Much appreciated! Thanks!

Clyras
2011-07-13, 05:14 PM
A barrel rolling Galaxy huh? I hope you bought that sickbag module!

I definitely do like the sound of the skilled flight system, I look forward to potentially dedicating myself to be a galaxy pilot. The resource system somewhat intruiges me, I was not aware that they were implementing multiple resources. This should make for a very interesting system.

MrVicchio
2011-07-13, 05:17 PM
Few Gamers have been as "behind a product" as the PSU Staff. Great Article Hamma, I look forward to reading more :)

SurgeonX
2011-07-13, 06:06 PM
Yep, nice overview Hamma.

I mentioned this over at RPS, but over the years I've tried getting into MMO's with the vague hope that I'd find something that would evoke the same sense of epic-ness and awesome scale that PS delivered. Unsurprisngly I never found it.
I've been Googling PlanetSide 2 relentlessly over the years with the hope that there'd be just a glimmer of hope.
And now that moment is here.
No matter what happens, PS2 will be one of a kind, as is PS, and I can see myself playing for years and years to come.

PS. Your '...clicking here' link isn't working from the bottom of the main article :)

SavageB
2011-07-13, 06:35 PM
Hamma I think the suggested link (Discuss this article by clicking here) at the end of the article isnt linked in to the forum thread. Just letting you know!

Hamma
2011-07-13, 07:40 PM
Thanks guys! I appreciate the support :)

I'll fix the link - I've been on a roll messing that stuff up the past 2 days.. :lol:

dachlatte
2011-07-14, 04:06 AM
2 thumbs up for PSU and everyone involved! you guys rock!

Kran De Loy
2011-07-14, 04:32 AM
Man Man Man Man. This is so jazzed.

Once in the game, if the flight physics turn out to be good enough I may actually finally buy a flight stick...

http://www.productwiki.com/upload/images/cyborg_fly_5_flight_stick.jpg

THANKS HAMMA!

Grimster
2011-07-14, 04:33 AM
Yeah big thumbs up to Hamma and the rest of the PSU crew.

Awesome coverage. :)

Hamma
2011-07-14, 10:03 AM
Thanks!! :D

We've got some awesome stuff in the works too I think you guys will really enjoy.

Tikuto
2011-07-14, 10:06 AM

We've got some awesome stuff in the works too I think you guys will really enjoy.
:huh:

Jennyboo
2011-07-14, 01:17 PM

I Agree they will like the stuff in the works :p

Manitou
2011-07-14, 01:25 PM
:brow:

Lartnev
2011-07-14, 01:31 PM
Nice post. It's good to know that PS2 is an evolution on PS1 and not a reskin with a couple of token extras added.

dachlatte
2011-07-14, 05:42 PM
im already sold on ps2 so dont hold back on the delicious new infos...give me EVERYTHING!! :bouncy:

1Shotwonder
2011-07-16, 09:09 PM
Nice write up man ..... Just wondering am I the only one that finds the class system at this point with the info. we have a little upsetting? I mean I don't want to have to die to change classes.... Why cant I just go up to a terminal select the load out I want that I have previously made and be on my way? Now we have to die select a class then go like really whats the point ? If you want to limit certain things im for it like no HA with a Jet pack ok well make it so they cant put the 2 in the same load out......idk just me venting I just feel like the classes will not be for me but like I said its only off the lil info we have at this point so ill have to wait and see

Bags
2011-07-16, 09:10 PM
You can switch at a terminal.

What you're describing is basically what we're doing. You can switch classes, loadouts, etc situationally. Either when you respawn or at equipment terminals.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/il5og/hey_rplanetside_im_matt_higby_the_creative/

1Shotwonder
2011-07-16, 09:26 PM
thanks for the site bags hadn't seen it before now just to do some more reading through.... I like how he answered that but the sound of classes makes me think of BF so much and if that's what I wanted guess what id be playing BF3 which I will when it comes out but that's not what I want from ps2 you know what I mean? but thanks again look forward to this link you gave me and seeing some q&A

Hamma
2011-07-16, 09:46 PM
Also the info thread has lots of information.. ;)
http://www.planetside-universe.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36527

killergopher
2011-07-21, 07:29 AM
nice article man, sounds like SOE is really trying to put one out there for the fans.

Sentrosi
2011-07-21, 07:52 AM
I Agree they will like the stuff in the works :p
I like stuff.
That works.