PDA

View Full Version : Smed Hinted at something Very very Interesting

SavageB
2011-07-13, 07:28 PM
In the video SOE fan Faire Q&A, I cannot remember which one exactly, Smed the sneaky guy he is, pointed out to everyone in the room to look at the tower they were fighting at, which had what I thought Landing struts of some sort, which he kinda implied as well.

Now this makes me think about outfit bases and the potential to move or command your base to a designated area of your choice within or outside a certain area of your choosing. Acting either as a hub for defensive positioning or attacking or simply a meeting ground where you can get organized.

I def see the potential to have outfit bases in this game, its going to be larger than ps1 as we all know and sandbox will allow it. Im also pretty sure they mentioned the possibility of outfit bases to call your own, maybe this was a little hint at what's to come.

Thoughts?

MrVicchio
2011-07-13, 07:34 PM
The PS Version of a Guild Hall?

Princess Frosty
2011-07-13, 07:55 PM
3-4 things come here together rather well.

They've mentioned landing struts on the tower which suggests that the tower can be dropped from orbit in to place.

We've heard that resources can be managed at outfit level to potentially produce facilities or structures.

We've been told sanc is going and we've seen source art of large mothership hovering over a continent.

Put it all together, this all leads me to believe that the sanc will be replaced with orbiting motherships where you can launch into battle from, and that outfits will be able to earn resources and allow them to launch various support equipment from the mothership including towers. If you can decide where you want to put them, and I suspect that would be the case, then that is potentially awesome news, it means a coordinated defence can be errected by strategically dropping in towers in the right positions and defences organizing around the tower.

Just speculation of course :)

Sifer2
2011-07-13, 08:04 PM
Yeah I was wondering what he seems so excited about when pointing out the landing gear on that tower. I thought it might just be something boring like Aircraft can land on them for repair.

But now that you mention it yes it could actually have something to do with aerial moving bases. It's already been done in Battlefield 2142 so its possible. An they might be able to dock with towers for repairs or refueling or something.

Bags
2011-07-13, 08:06 PM
I imagine they'll just fall from space.

Hamma
2011-07-13, 08:12 PM
We have a thread for this:
http://www.planetside-universe.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36443&page=4

:)