PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Planetside 2 site description

JanitOr KanOs
2011-07-15, 10:54 AM
So I was a bit tired this morning and accidentally typed "Planetside online" into the google search bar. Sure enough, www.planetside2.com was the first site to pop up on the list, but the description is a bit different. It reads as "New PlanetSide 2 Game - 10 Hostile And Active Continents, 1"

I did a search again on google for "www.planetside2.com," and the same link comes up but lacking a description. Can anyone else see this same link, and perhaps find out what the rest of the description says? Have the number of continents been confirmed for the new game? I looked around and couldn't find an exact number.

I've been lurking on here for a while and I figured I might as well speak up about this in case the info had merely been hiding in plain sight. :)

Edit: To get that specific description, I had to use the google search bar on my Firefox browser. Typing "Planetside online" into google.com throws up yet another link with a different description.

Hamma
2011-07-15, 12:38 PM
Not sure what you are referring to, I am not seeing that.

xcel
2011-07-15, 12:45 PM
When I google "Planetside Online"...the planetside 2 website isn't even there.

Crazyduckling
2011-07-15, 01:04 PM
I did a little searching on this. There doesn't appear to be much to it. SOE seems to be advertising this on search engines.

http://i51.tinypic.com/157hutf.png
The text is too long for the ad. Thats why the whole phrase doesn't show up.

http://i52.tinypic.com/x5ytg3.png
Here's an ad with the whole description. Like I said, not much to it.

"10 Hostile And Active Continents, 1 Massive Game."

JanitOr KanOs
2011-07-15, 01:05 PM
Edit: Ah, I see you found it. Nevermind my explanation then. :D

Raymac
2011-07-15, 01:37 PM
hmmmm interesting.

Desoxy
2011-07-15, 01:47 PM
Guess it was written to promote the original PlanetSide..

Hamma
2011-07-15, 03:34 PM
Interesting!

It says PlanetSide2 and www.planetside2.com so I don't think that it is for PlanetSide 1.

Kind of an odd advertisement though

basti
2011-07-15, 03:39 PM
10 continents?

Lets see: the 6 home conts, searhus, cyssor, oshur, ishundar. That would be 10.

Now, they said PS2 will have less continents at the beginning.

Means this add is completly fu**ed up, cant think how this all fits together. :>

Bags
2011-07-15, 03:48 PM
Seems like an old advertisement for PS1.

Crazyduckling
2011-07-15, 04:27 PM
I don't think that these are supposed to be for PS2. In order to find them I had to type: "New PlanetSide 2 Game - 10 Hostile And Active Continents, 1 ". (with a space) The first real link on google is this thread.

Since the time that I posted the first screenshot, the ad with that description doesn't show up any more.