PDA

View Full Version : FOV adjustment, multi-monitor?

nathanebht
2011-07-16, 11:14 AM
Wondering if LightForge is going to allow us to adjust our Field of View? On my large LCD a crappy 60 degree FOV will literally give me a headache. Usually go with 110 FOV if I can.

Then a related question would be if multi-monitor setups are going to be supported?

Coreldan
2011-07-16, 11:17 AM
Would be cool if multimonitor was supported as sort of an "information monitor". Like having a map (or some other useful information) always up on the background. Personally I'm not really interested in running the actual "one piece UI" on 2-3 monitors.

Lunarchild
2011-07-16, 05:09 PM
Would be cool if multimonitor was supported as sort of an "information monitor". Like having a map (or some other useful information) always up on the background. Personally I'm not really interested in running the actual "one piece UI" on 2-3 monitors.

I'm actually thinking of making a program for that, separate from the game. Depending largely on what is available from SOE to make it of course :)

Among things to show what areas are conquered, and some stats, perhaps even some character / account specific stuff. It would be way awesome if commanders could make missions in it as well, but no clue how far I can go.

To start: A big "war-room" like map of the game world.

nathanebht
2011-07-16, 07:56 PM
Umm, the multi-monitor I had in mind is where you typically have 3 monitors and the game shows on all 3. The ones on each side of the main center give you peripheral vision. Being able to adjust FOV is real important to guys with these setups.

Your "information monitor" idea sounds like what other games plan to do with an Android app. A real time map view with chat and stats type of phone app.

Lunarchild
2011-07-16, 08:26 PM
Umm, the multi-monitor I had in mind is where you typically have 3 monitors and the game shows on all 3. The ones on each side of the main center give you peripheral vision. Being able to adjust FOV is real important to guys with these setups.

Your "information monitor" idea sounds like what other games plan to do with an Android app. A real time map view with chat and stats type of phone app.

Well, I figure as long as they use a fixed VFOV and a ratio based HFOV then those guys should be happy ^^

And on a phone is not nearly as epic as projecting it on a big beamer, or putting it on a big screen on the wall *nods*

LordReaver
2011-07-16, 11:03 PM
nm..