PDA

View Full Version : Will there be an ingame CCG?

BronzeElemental
2011-07-19, 04:38 AM
Anyone who recently played SWG will know what I'm talking about.

It would be really cool if you could pay money to play a card game while waiting for some action in PS2. They should also allow buying decks/boosters to activate random unlockable rewards for your character or account like super-powered weapons and vehicles or maybe even funny hats and beards.

Let's make PS2 the best SOE game EVER!

dachlatte
2011-07-19, 05:16 AM
so did you know? if you look up to the ceiling you cant swallow

LordReaver
2011-07-19, 06:28 AM
so did you know? if you look up to the ceiling you cant swallow

It's harder, but I can do it.

dachlatte
2011-07-19, 06:50 AM
damn....maybe something is wrong with me. i should see a doctor

Sentrosi
2011-07-19, 06:58 AM
It would be really cool if you could pay money to play a card game while waiting for some action in PS2.

Magic: The Gathering is ----------------------> way (ALT-F4 is the secret passcode to get into the game)

Seriously, if you're sitting around playing cards in a FPS, you're doing it wrong.

DEVS, I implore you to ignore this thread as it has no relevance to Planetside 2.

Desoxy
2011-07-19, 08:36 AM
The devs specifically said in the panels that they plan PS2 to be very intense: You get into the action fast and basically have non-stop fast-paced fighting (at least that is their intention).

I do not have the exact number but in the public panel video John Smedley specifically stated that you would play in shorter play sessions and simply quit the game to take a break rather than HAVING to wait ingame because nothing is happening.

That vision for PS2 is very fine with me tbh.. replaying PS1 in the last days showed me how much downtime that game really has (which was fine when I had all day to play; not so these days).

headcrab13
2011-07-19, 11:03 AM
The devs specifically said in the panels that they plan PS2 to be very intense: You get into the action fast and basically have non-stop fast-paced fighting (at least that is their intention).

I agree with you 100% Desoxy, and I like where the devs are going with this. However, they also stated that capping a base in the middle of enemy territory could take 30 minutes. We've all been part of THAT SQUAD that wants to divide the enemy's attention by taking a random base somewhere, and you end up sitting there for a solid 20 minutes before anyone rolls up in a Mossie to check things out.

Even though the OP is probably being trollololorific, I would like to see some sort of amusing minigame built in to pass the time. It could be something simple like a rock-paper-scissors emote or an arm-wrestling emote, but something like that would be fast to design and make the world more believable. We've all seen plenty of war movies -- past, present, and future where soldiers are chilling out between battles and joking around, and I feel it would fit right into PlanetSide's universe.

-HC13

BronzeElemental
2011-07-19, 11:25 AM
I'm glad someone else can see what I'm getting at. In the downtime it would be great if we could play some kind of other game, just to mix it up and since the card-game and unlockable mounts etc. were so well loved in SWG it just makes sense to me to bring it over to PS2.

Raymac
2011-07-19, 11:47 AM
Merchandising! When Planetside 2 is a huge success with millions of subscribers, and after we have Planetside: The Lunch Box, Planetside: The Cereal, and Planetside: The Flame Thrower (the kids will love this one), then and only then should we even think about Planetside: The CCG.

Bags
2011-07-19, 12:06 PM
They're trying to get us into the action faster already.

Traak
2011-07-19, 12:07 PM
damn....maybe something is wrong with me. i should see a doctor

Well, at least you aren't a bird. That much is confirmed. Many of them HAVE to look up to swallow.

dachlatte
2011-07-19, 03:26 PM
Well, at least you aren't a bird. That much is confirmed. Many of them HAVE to look up to swallow.
thank god. that was my worst fear! now i can finally sleep again

basti
2011-07-19, 05:09 PM
Anyone who recently played SWG will know what I'm talking about.

It would be really cool if you could pay money to play a card game while waiting for some action in PS2. They should also allow buying decks/boosters to activate random unlockable rewards for your character or account like super-powered weapons and vehicles or maybe even funny hats and beards.

Let's make PS2 the best SOE game EVER!

Are you serious? a card game?

Yea, go for it. Lots of easy targets.

Bags
2011-07-19, 05:10 PM
Are you serious? a card game?

Yea, go for it. Lots of easy targets.

"FUCK YOU CARD KILLED ME".

SKYeXile
2011-07-19, 05:12 PM
God i hope so.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/SKYeXile/skyexilecard.jpg

Bags
2011-07-19, 05:13 PM
Needs moar hearts.

Whoknowswhat1
2011-07-20, 10:51 PM
I wouldn't mind a card game... mostly because i just want a card that says "You're TR... so go kick some ass"

Lonehunter
2011-07-20, 11:14 PM
First he wants PS2 on consoles now this? lol