PDA

View Full Version : Port PS2 for consoles please.

BronzeElemental
2011-07-19, 06:46 PM
We all know where the players are, we all know where the money is and we all know on what the players with real skills play but so far I've not seen ANYTHING about PS2 coming to a console (obviously NOT the Wii). In this day and age this is a MAJOR oversight as the console market is many many many times bigger than the PC market alone.

Not only would you alienate the vast majority of players but you would also ensure a lower quality of players if you stick to PC only. If the interface in PS2 is anything like in the original there is absolutely nothing to stop someone on a joypad with a microphone from doing everything someone on a keyboard and mouse can do, maybe even more since the joypad rumbles.

Just think of how truely HUGE the battles could be if people on XBOX can play against people on a playstation AND other people on PCs.

Bags
2011-07-19, 06:47 PM
I'd rather have less players than a mega dumbed-down console port.

And lol @ PS3 players are higher quality than PC players (not saying the reverse is true, either).

And why would SOE ever put their games on the Xbox? You do know what the S stands for, right?

Coreldan
2011-07-19, 06:48 PM
The problem is that console players cant keep up with people using a mouse and PC players dont wanna fight people with legal aimbots (aim assist).

Also, I find it hilarious how you think PC players are lower quality than console gamers when it comes to skill.

Volw
2011-07-19, 06:49 PM
Obvious troll is obvious.

BronzeElemental
2011-07-19, 06:53 PM
It's not a troll, if you have ever played MAG on the playstation it has huge battles in it already. The hardware is there and capable, why ignore the giant market?

Sentrosi
2011-07-19, 08:00 PM
Obvious troll is obvious.

Having gotten that out of my system I am setting up my lawn chair, popping some popcorn, whipping up my special butter, and waiting for Firefly to show up and crucify you. I could do it, but Firefly has a sort of way about it.

Desoxy
2011-07-19, 08:11 PM
Oh yea, and while you're at it port it to handhelds as well - the gameplay of PlanetSide really lent to 5 to 10 minute sessions and after all, in a few years everyone will have a smart phone, eh? That is where the money's at! I totally see that working.. :drunk:

.. feed feed feed ..

Lonehunter
2011-07-19, 08:12 PM
Troll Rating:

Cleverness: 2 out of 10: None of this was even unique, same blah blah

Effort: 4 out of 10: You did make a couple paragraphs, so you did put some thought into it, but still bad.

Sneakiness: -2 out of 10: Obvious troll is obvious

and
...waiting for Firefly to show up and crucify you...

EightEightEight
2011-07-19, 09:04 PM
After playing Several games that have been ripped from PC titles and put the console this thread makes me angry why not just let developers develop for whatever they want to

lots of cussing could be made in this post but whatever

Rbstr
2011-07-19, 09:08 PM
I'm OK with it, as long as the PC version doesn't suffer from the menu-dumbing and the like so common to console ports.

And the console players don't get any kind of aiming assistance.
A permanent underclass of controls-gimped players to shoot would be good for my ego.

SavageB
2011-07-19, 09:11 PM
No thx to ps3 players, and if sony ever decides to even consider porting to ps3, make a seperate game thx.

exLupo
2011-07-20, 12:37 AM
@OP: Microsoft specifically will not allow XBOX and PS3 players to play together. There are games out there that, in beta, displayed system crossplay but could not get the approval for live.

@irrational console haters: The only thing that needs to be different between console and pc versions of a game is pre-considered adjustments for joypad controls vs mouse. Unfortunately, that means some degree of auto-aim which means the two sides can't realistically play together. This isn't dumbing down, this is just a compensation for an inherently less-accurate controlling device. There are crazy accurate console players but the physical maximum, at least for players who don't use kb+m on console, is lower than PC. However, there are PC shooters that support both kb+m and controllers without ruining the PC version. 6 of one...

Spark
2011-07-20, 12:58 AM
Releasing this game for consoles will negatively affect the final product(multiplatform development always does, but PC takes it especially hard) and will alienate the PC players, the very playerbase that will make or break this title. Nothing suggests that a console release will be an instant success. The console market rakes in the money for those big budget AAA titles with limitless advertisement funds, but something like Planetside isn't a guaranteed hit. All things considered the PC market is far stronger for this type of game (and gaming in general if market statistics are to be believed (http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2010/04/19/hear-that-knocking-sound-its-pc-gaming/)). 4 years ago I would have agreed with you, but times have changed and the PC market is stronger than it has been in years.

Also judging by my experience with various multiplatform online shooters PC players are generally the most team oriented and decent, though this depends on plenty of things.

It's not a troll, if you have ever played MAG on the playstation it has huge battles in it already. The hardware is there and capable, why ignore the giant market?

MAG looks terrible and is nothing to write home about, the game splits players up so you'll rarely ever see more than 30-60 players in one area, the whole structure of the game feels extremely artificial and restricted compared to Planetside. And 256 players is a far cry from 1000. Also MAG was a relative ghost town last time I played it, if there is a giant market on consoles for large-scale shooters I haven't seen it.

Bags
2011-07-20, 01:00 AM
@OP: Microsoft specifically will not allow XBOX and PS3 players to play together. There are games out there that, in beta, displayed system crossplay but could not get the approval for live.

@irrational console haters: The only thing that needs to be different between console and pc versions of a game is pre-considered adjustments for joypad controls vs mouse. Unfortunately, that means some degree of auto-aim which means the two sides can't realistically play together. This isn't dumbing down, this is just a compensation for an inherently less-accurate controlling device. There are crazy accurate console players but the physical maximum, at least for players who don't use kb+m on console, is lower than PC. However, there are PC shooters that support both kb+m and controllers without ruining the PC version. 6 of one...

Features like inventory and the like would have to be cut for console players.

Sifer2
2011-07-20, 01:02 AM
I hate to feed the troll but. There is more to dumbing down for console than just the whole Gamepad versus Mouse thing. There is a vast difference in what PC's can do these days compared to consoles. Especially in the case of memory which is why you don't see too many large scale games on consoles. Big difference between the scale of MAG for example an even the original Planetside.

It's for that reason I really do not want Planetside 2 to be multiplatform. Worse interface an shooting is only the icing on the multiplat crap cake compared to all the cool things we wont be able to see in this game if it has to run on 6 year old PS3 hardware. If they must bring it to consoles then make a separate game with scale appropriate for those systems.

Spark
2011-07-20, 01:06 AM
I hate to feed the troll but. There is more to dumbing down for console than just the whole Gamepad versus Mouse thing. There is a vast difference in what PC's can do these days compared to consoles. Especially in the case of memory which is why you don't see too many large scale games on consoles. Big difference between the scale of MAG for example an even the original Planetside.

It's for that reason I really do not want Planetside 2 to be multiplatform. Worse interface an shooting is only the icing on the multiplat crap cake compared to all the cool things we wont be able to see in this game if it has to run on 6 year old PS3 hardware. If they must bring it to consoles then make a separate game with scale appropriate for those systems.

I agree, there's a reason why the console versions of BF3 will only have 26 players and scaled down maps. Memory is where consoles fall short (at least one of the larger bottlenecks) and that would be a death sentence for Planetside 2.

exLupo
2011-07-20, 01:15 AM

Borderlands has a fully functioning inventory system and if you've played the pc version, it's clear that the entire UI was designed with a console in mind.

Really, the biggest thing console games would lose out on vs PC in regards to PlanetSide is map size. There may be some tricks I don't know but I don't see a way to implement it where it plays the same in both systems. Even if you had non-zoned segment loading you still won't have the same view range on a console that you will on a PC. Plenty of console shooters have great view ranges (BF:MC, MAG, etc.) but the maps can only get so large and that and mouse vs controller is where I see the only two points of failure.

SilverLord
2011-07-20, 01:18 AM
No thanks, aim assist is lame and none of us have ANY desire for a different port.

Play DUST 514 if you want something like this!

Bags
2011-07-20, 01:19 AM
Borderlands has a fully functioning inventory system and if you've played the pc version, it's clear that the entire UI was designed with a console in mind.

Their inventory system is nothing like Planetside 1's. It's just a list of weapons.

Spark
2011-07-20, 01:31 AM
No thanks, aim assist is lame and none of us have ANY desire for a different port.

Play DUST 514 if you want something like this!
That's another reason why this wouldn't be a good idea. A console release would mean SOE would be directly competing against DUST, a highly anticipated MMOFPS. We have no idea how big the MMOFPS market is on the PS3 (not large judging by MAG) and who knows if that market could sustain both games, much less make back their marketing costs that competing with DUST would no doubt inflate.

On PC they have an established playerbase, a large MMO market that caters to both F2P and P2P models and are competing against only Battleground Europe (hahaha) as the rumored Project Titan is still years off of being announced.

exLupo
2011-07-20, 02:44 AM
Their inventory system is nothing like Planetside 1's. It's just a list of weapons.

There have been many diablo-clones on consoles that have used a sub-divided real estate + equipment slot model that is identical in every way to planetside's. PS1's inventory system wasn't some miracle of modern design. It was a bunch of boxes that held stuff of varying size. And all of that is academic as they've already said PS2 will use a different inventory scheme.

Regardless. Being on a console doesn't somehow make simple inventory schemes impossible. Using it as a reason why you can't have PS2 on a console is silly. It comes down to 3 things.
1) Lack of reliably common controls. Yes, you can kb+m on a PS3 but it's not going to be anywhere near the average configuration.
2) Map scale. It may be possible but I've never seen it accomplished.
3) Concurrent player count. I highly doubt any current console could handle a 1000-2000 man engagement with PS2's current engine demands.

Inventory design has nothing to do with it.

headcrab13
2011-07-20, 03:14 AM
I agree that multi-platform multiplayer gaming is the future. Thus far, financially limited companies have done a generally terrible job of porting titles between platforms. If SOE could pull off a console version while leaving the PC version intact, I'd be all for it, but I doubt they have the time or money.

-HC13

exLupo
2011-07-20, 03:29 AM
I agree that multi-platform multiplayer gaming is the future.

It's a good dream but between hardware cycles, input device variance and simple stubbornness (MS, I'm looking at you), I don't think we'll ever see that glorious day.

Dr. King was no games designer.

Scotias
2011-07-20, 07:07 AM
No.

Zulthus
2011-07-20, 08:17 AM
MAG is just a boring lagfest. Nothing in common with PlanetSide in terms of players. It isn't "massive". Also, I disagree with any form of console port with this game. I don't feel like having 7 year olds screaming into the mic when they're getting their asses whooped.

Logit
2011-07-20, 08:45 AM
Mouse > Thumb stick

Everything else is a moot point.

Hamma
2011-07-20, 08:50 AM
I just don't foresee this happening, and on the bright side if it did it would probably be an afterthought meaning PC players still get a game they expect and not a port.

Goku
2011-07-20, 08:54 AM
Just think of how truely HUGE the battles could be if people on XBOX can play against people on a playstation AND other people on PCs.

If you want to come in, be my guest I love easy kills.

Depending on the success of the game and whenever PS4 comes out I wouldn't be shocked to see this game on that. PS4 could likely handle better graphics, so PS could always get a graphics overhaul on PC too down the road ;).

DxC
2011-07-20, 09:05 AM
hrmm Console people in a PC game yup do it Free kills would be great

LordReaver
2011-07-20, 09:16 AM
They only need to do two things to consoles to absolutely kill PC gaming.

1. Allow consoles to be upgraded like PCs. You can already buy bigger HDDs for the Xbox 360. Why not GPUs, and memory also?

2. Allow keyboard and mice in games. Both the 360 and the PS3 support K/M. They even have USB ports. There just aren't any games that support it.

Zulthus
2011-07-20, 09:19 AM

1. Allow consoles to be upgraded like PCs. You can already buy bigger HDDs for the Xbox 360. Why not GPUs, and memory also?

2. Allow keyboard and mice in games. Both the 360 and the PS3 support K/M. They even have USB ports. There just aren't any games that support it.

Me, along with I'm sure many, would still not use the abominations called consoles even if they were upgradable.

Goku
2011-07-20, 09:26 AM

You will not ever see that on consoles. The point of a console is to have the same hardware to optimize it to the fullest. Plus there will only be a minority that upgrade it and few developers will likely push the newer hardware to the limits.

LordReaver
2011-07-20, 09:28 AM
Me, along with I'm sure many, would still not use the abominations called consoles even if they were upgradable.

Once upgradable, they are basically PCs. The only difference is operating system. However, that probably wont be a problem for the Xbox, seeing as how Microsoft wants to put Windows 8 on the next one.

I think the way to look at consoles is as "Walled-garden PCs".

Asp
2011-07-20, 09:35 AM
The "quality players" quip is amusing considering pretty much all console shooters have some form of autoaim assistance..

Microsoft tried this a long long time ago, and nixed the idea of 360s playing against PCs particularly in shooters.. Why? Because console players got smoked consistently when they went head to head..

microsoft-killed-plans-for-pc-vs-xbox-360-online-play (http://kotaku.com/5593259/rumor-microsoft-killed-plans-for-pc-vs-xbox-360-online-play)

I see no reason to doubt the same would be true with the PS3 users autoaim and all.. PC users would even be at a further advantage not having to bridge through LIVE or the PS3 network to connect with the new Planetside 2 servers.

Not to mention, if the hardware is "there and capable" why did MAG stop at a 256 player count? Why not go with the massive maps and player counts of Planetside in the first place?

Vancha
2011-07-20, 09:36 AM
Actually yeah, lets have them make a PS3 port...and not just any PS3 port, but a terrible, terrible PS3 port. Maybe they'll understand why PC gamers complain about it so much. :p

If the sheer number of players caused it to lag for them, even better ("your limitations are why we can't have nice things!")

Tigersmith
2011-07-20, 09:47 AM
This could happen but only on PS3. Hopefully the game is not designed for consoles first..
For example..
DCUO plays better on PS3 then PC. Feel bad for the PC people that have the game

Kurtz
2011-07-20, 02:43 PM

I'll feed the troll...

Forget the misguided notion that console players better than PC players part....however entertaining that is.

But do we really have to point out that Sony and Microsoft are in direct competition and even if Sony was stupid enough to put this game out for the the next Playstation console, it still would be a Sony exclusive. EVEN if they DID share the IP with Microsoft, you wouldn't be on BOTH networks because that would be impossible.

Now for my console rant....

Console makers want you to keep paying $59.00 for disposable games that have a shelf life of about 3 months. They keep aging technology new by adding peripherals (Move, Kinnect) so they can re purpose pong or breakout one last time and save a ton of development money. Less money is spent on innovation and more is spent on re purposing old shit because console idiots run out and buy it.

Btw, do you hear yourselves on those headsets? Console chat is what happens when millions of people that can't afford a PC get together on the internet.

WarChimp130
2011-07-20, 03:00 PM
Will never happen and I am perfectly fine with that. PS is a PC game, it has no place on a console.

BronzeElemental
2011-07-20, 03:16 PM
I never realised how defense PC snobs can get. Console gamers require more skill to perform the same actions as PC gamers because they do so on inferior control systems and hardware. Thus 10 kills on a console is worth maybe 45 kills on a PC in the same game. It's simple math.

Planetside 2 could probably make more in two months on the PS3 than in two years on the PC, don't you want SOE to succeed and make a good game? MAG sucked, granted, BUT it showed that if you really try you can push console hardware way past expectations. With the PS3 this dev team could probably make it 4 player co-op on the same screen and STILL have the power to run 5000 player battles.

Bags
2011-07-20, 03:17 PM
I never realised how defense PC snobs can get. Console gamers require more skill to perform the same actions as PC gamers because they do so on inferior control systems and hardware. Thus 10 kills on a console is worth maybe 45 kills on a PC in the same game. It's simple math.

Stop tryin' to muddy the issue with yer fancy mathamatics.

Chaff
2011-07-20, 03:31 PM
MAG is just a boring lagfest. Nothing in common with PlanetSide in terms of players. It isn't "massive". Also, I disagree with any form of console port with this game. I don't feel like having 7 year olds screaming into the mic when they're getting their asses whooped.

I dunno :huh:

....I remember a few like that when playing PS1....they might have been 40 or 50 year old dudes.....but cried like 7 year olds nonetheless. :lol:

......some of the CR5's were the worst.....

Bags
2011-07-20, 03:32 PM
I am not knocking consoles at all though, it is indeed where the majority of the market is... and honestly, that is mostly people under 20 which is okay as well as long as they are mature...

http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2010/04/19/hear-that-knocking-sound-its-pc-gaming/

Maybe if you combine all of the consoles.

Tigersmith
2011-07-20, 03:47 PM
Most console fps games have auto aim. How is that more skill then pc?

BronzeElemental
2011-07-20, 07:02 PM
Most console fps games have auto aim. How is that more skill then pc?

I should have clarified, I was meaning to play the same game just as well on a joypad without auto-aim (a lot of games you can switch it off) requires more skill than with a keyboard and mouse. Alternatively just allow console gamers to use a keyboard and mouse.

basti
2011-07-20, 07:15 PM

Planetside 2 could probably make more in two months on the PS3 than in two years on the PC, don't you want SOE to succeed and make a good game? MAG sucked, granted, BUT it showed that if you really try you can push console hardware way past expectations. With the PS3 this dev team could probably make it 4 player co-op on the same screen and STILL have the power to run 5000 player battles.

I never heard that much BS in my life before.

1. Look at DCUO. its 52% PS3 vs 48% PC, thats pretty even. Now, it seems like more PS3 players dropped the game than PC players.
2. FPS play different on a Console. They are harder, means less fun for mr. casual, because he will get raped even more. Means more people drop rather quickly. Not to mention that Console players are less likley to subscripe to a MMO.
3. The PS3 hit its limit a long time ago. To get a game run good on a Console, you need to optimize the engine alot. And even then, you will only have good quality and a good framerate in a controlled envirorment. Now, Sandbox and 1000 players isnt exactly controllable, means they would have to turn quality WAY down to be able to support the numbers. But bad GFX isnt going to sell, means they would have to use every single trick possible to still maintain some quality. That would propably take a few month to pull. Alot of extra cash for a market that is known to not be very kind to FPS games.

tl;dr: Not going to happen.

Kietharr
2011-07-20, 07:36 PM
Nice try, troll.

Lonehunter
2011-07-20, 08:07 PM
He is purposefully trying to make y'all argue, lol.

I vote Thread Lock

who's with me?

Traak
2011-07-20, 08:27 PM
Doesn't bother me, but lock it.

Part of the fun of the PC gaming universe is the ability to enjoy putting together ridiculous rigs, or at least DREAM of it, to make every single detail stand out in bold, high-resolution, low-lag splendor.

Fitting PS into a console is like thinking you are enjoying safaris while hunting saber tooth cats roaming the Earth because you shot spitballs at a framed picture of a kitten.

BorisBlade
2011-07-20, 09:18 PM
Awful console controls aside, the current consoles cant handle it.

You do know that the PS3 runs on whats basically at 7800 gt, its pathetic. It also has super low RAM. Yes you could do it in some form, but it would need to be a console specific version with super reduced graphics/drawdistance. Bigtime Level of Detail settings to make characters not close be made of sticks (like ps1 did) and a redo of the controls and ui to make it work on the very limited controls of the consoles.

You could do it, yeah, but you couldnt let em play with PC players. The current consoles are just too old at this point. Its like tryin to make your 3DS portable link up with the old green and white Gameboys of old.

Now the next gen of consoles....should be able to do it just fine. But being able to play with PC players? Not sure. Again controls are big. Gamepads wont cut it, and obviously any current or even the prototype motion controls wont work either. But hardware wise the next gen could handle the game.

Its too bad the consoles are such a crappy closed system. Other than the PC, I also like the OnLive setup where you can use their controller or most other controllers even a mouse/kb if you want. Fully customizable controls too are huge. I cant even play bioshock on my 360 due to the fact you cant change the controls at all. Luckily i got it cheap on the pc where i can change every little thing.

MgFalcon
2011-07-20, 09:19 PM
As a Gamer, I have had the luxury of playing FPS's on both console and PC. My conclusion:

FPS WAS MADE FOR THE PC

Console's are much better for games like Assassin's Creed, Little Big Planet, Racing games, Mario franchise, etc.

I'm sick and tired of hearing it from all the console noobs saying "Blah blah blah! PC is easy-mode, our sticks are soooo much harder, we haz more skillz than them. bitch bitch bitch"

Yes, sticks are a lot harder to control a crosshair for a FPS. But does that mean we, as PC FPS players are on EASY MODE?

FUCK NO!

Think of our opponents - on the EXACT SAME LAYOUT AS US (mouse and keyboard), meaning the same skill requirement. There is absolutely no way one could compare a console player's "skill level" to one of a PC, it's like comparing Techno (console) to Classic Rock (PC). Yeah they are both music, and yeah there are good bands and bad bands, but you can't compare Tiesto to Eric Clapton... You just fucking can't!

If you ask me there is more freedom to a mouse rather than the sticks; example - I had the hardest time getting used to retarded Halo controls after gaming on PC's for so long (p.s. the buttons change EVERY single new Halo release), and then a few years after adapting to CoD controls. Besides the ever-changing button scheme (shoot, jump, throw grenade, change weapon, crouch, walk, sprint, pretty much whatever game developer had their hands on it decided to their button scheme was far superior than any others, thus always different with the exception of quick-knife... maybe) I was LIMITED by what the sticks gave me. Look at FPS's on PC, and I'd bet you that EVER SINGLE ONE (modern FPS's, don't give me that early 90's BS where it might have been different) the left-mouse button is shoot (primary); also wasd will be walk controls, crouch button might change (usually shift or Ctrl), spacebar is jump, scroll wheel or numbers changes weapon, and right-mouse button is secondary fire - the purpose? We KNOW our controls instantly.

I'm positive that hardcore console FPS gamers are JUST AS GOOD on the PC as soon as they get used to the controls. What really grinds my gears is when y'all claim that "console takes more skill" than PC FPS's. Seriously, stop using that childish concept of thinking.

Plus they have even conducted studies on PC vs Console FPS's... result? Novice PC gamers were wiping the floor with hardcore console users. If you really want to Port PS2 onto the console, and it doesn't interfere with my PC game at all, other than the interactions I get with all the little children that boast about their "UBER-LEET" PS3 (I bet they don't even understand what 1337 means), I'd be fine with it.

I'd also be fine Tea-baggin ever single one of your weak-ass console corpses.

Infektion
2011-07-20, 09:24 PM
We all know where the players are, we all know where the money is and we all know on what the players with real skills play but so far I've not seen ANYTHING about PS2 coming to a console (obviously NOT the Wii). In this day and age this is a MAJOR oversight as the console market is many many many times bigger than the PC market alone.

Not only would you alienate the vast majority of players but you would also ensure a lower quality of players if you stick to PC only. If the interface in PS2 is anything like in the original there is absolutely nothing to stop someone on a joypad with a microphone from doing everything someone on a keyboard and mouse can do, maybe even more since the joypad rumbles.

I know this has probably been answered already... But someone reassure me that this kid is joking. I believe I already mentioned, in another thread, how stupid many"console" gamers are...

Firefly
2011-07-20, 10:21 PM
In before the lock.

What the fuck is this fairy bullshit?

Hezzy
2011-07-20, 11:13 PM
I suppose this was inevitable - this new generation of console fanboys think their console can take everything on! We didn't have this problem 8 years ago when the only consoles around were the first Xbox and the PS2.

I think this is going to be the first of many...

duck
2011-07-20, 11:32 PM
Please lock I can't stand this thread.

MMOFPS is meant for PC only

Keyboard and mouse, macroing, chatting, all necessary for the Planetside experience which can't be done with a freakin joystick.
If you can't afford to get PC, you shoulda thought about that before buying your ***** console with dumbed-downed graphics and gameplay.Consoles are for sports games and a few other titles, but true FPS gaming requires a keyboard and mouse (SKILL)

SavageB
2011-07-21, 12:12 AM
I should have clarified, I was meaning to play the same game just as well on a joypad without auto-aim (a lot of games you can switch it off) requires more skill than with a keyboard and mouse. Alternatively just allow console gamers to use a keyboard and mouse.

I know what you are saying, but unfortunately the majority of pro gamers play on Pc, its where the fastest hand eye coordination can be displayed. MLG is probably the only league to incorporate Console play, there are many other leagues that only host pc games, css , cs 1.6 , sc2 the list goes on. I know this game looks so good to you, and youd want the opportunity to play it on PS3 but it isnt gonna happen my friend, PS was born on PC and that is where it is going to stay. Now ps4 comes out, could be a diff story.

Firefly
2011-07-21, 12:21 AM
Firefly when PS2 comes out you must join my outfit from Ps1, or ill be joining yours, I need these laughs in my life :P
http://www.the-bwc.com

Where fucksocks get a huge load of MAN-naise.

SKYeXile
2011-07-21, 12:27 AM
The OP has been misinformed, this is reality:

http://resource.mmgn.com/Gallery/full/7PLLYLB8.jpg

Bags
2011-07-21, 12:29 AM
Oh yahtzee.

SavageB
2011-07-21, 01:00 AM
http://www.the-bwc.com

Where fucksocks get a huge load of MAN-naise.

Ahh i remember this outfit, I played with Armageddon korps, miss the old days.

exLupo
2011-07-21, 01:14 AM
EVEN if they DID share the IP with Microsoft, you wouldn't be on BOTH networks because that would be impossible.

While the thread has devolved into the standard PC gamer > Console gamer ego stroke, I'd like to address this misconception.

It is entirely possible to have cross-network play between PSN, XBL and PC. There are various games that, in the pre-release segment, have functional multiplayer across all three. However, the stumbling block is that the console rights holders will not allow it. Specifically, Microsoft. Barring FFXI, I can't think of any game that has made it to release with such interplay intact. However, that one example is clearly enough to downgrade "impossible" to "improbable".

It can been done and has been done. Will it be done again? Probably not.

Traak
2011-07-21, 01:35 AM
Cheap computers usually run rings around "expensive" consoles in ping, image quality, framerates etc, yes?

Azren
2011-07-21, 02:01 AM
just to get clear: consoles do not have what it takes to run a massive game like this. Well, not unless you want to get a loading screen every 10 seconds of flying that is.

exLupo
2011-07-21, 02:40 AM
Cheap computers usually run rings around "expensive" consoles in ping, image quality, framerates etc, yes?

Ping? No. Ping has almost nothing to do with your platform of choice.

Alox
2011-07-21, 02:54 AM
I say NO to console port! Too many good PC games have been ruined by that.

demonicale
2011-07-21, 06:09 AM
Personally i've never been a fan of console mmo's.I say this, as i've never seen a console mmo that has been any good.

I just think that mmo's in general are suited to the pc gamer.

Headrattle
2011-07-21, 08:39 AM
I'm OK with it, as long as the PC version doesn't suffer from the menu-dumbing and the like so common to console ports.

And the console players don't get any kind of aiming assistance.
A permanent underclass of controls-gimped players to shoot would be good for my ego.

My thoughts exactly!

p0intman
2011-07-21, 09:02 AM
Troll Rating:

Cleverness: 2 out of 10: None of this was even unique, same blah blah

Effort: 4 out of 10: You did make a couple paragraphs, so you did put some thought into it, but still bad.

Sneakiness: -2 out of 10: Obvious troll is obvious

and

... waiting for firefly to show up and crucify you

that, pretty much.

console players can stick with cod/moh crap. no thank you!

Bruttal
2011-07-21, 09:12 AM
Actually PC's Don't always run circles around consoles even more so if that PC is 4-5 years old. What makes Consoles so good for alot of people is its vary standard equipment all tests done are done with the SAME hardware there for the Probability of compatibility between another console of the same type is extremely high. also the fact that the can be tuned well for that hardware.

so finshing up, Cross console is possible it would have to be extremely tuned and bufferd down. and the fights wouldn't be no where near 1000 players more like what we have now what 600 max?, but even then thats a shit load for a console.

Hamma
2011-07-21, 09:21 AM
This thread has run it's course.

Firefly
2011-07-21, 09:40 AM
Then lock it.:D

ShowNoMercy
2011-07-21, 09:41 AM

they already are doing away with inventories.

BronzeElemental
2011-07-21, 09:43 AM
Chillout firefly, no need to act so tough on the planetside forums of all things. You don't like consoles for some reason, we get it.

duomaxwl
2011-07-21, 10:04 AM
I like consoles. But I don't want my beloved planetside being ruined by Cod kids.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Vancha
2011-07-21, 10:44 AM
Chillout firefly, no need to act so tough on the planetside forums of all things. You don't like consoles for some reason, we get it.
Gosh, you really are new around here aren't you?

Firefly
2011-07-21, 10:53 AM
Look, D&D. When Hamma posts "This thread has run its course" it usually means the thread is locked.

Hamma
2011-07-21, 11:01 AM
Yea good call. ;)