PDA

View Full Version : Alien Technology and Cavern's.

HELLFISH88
2011-07-20, 02:32 AM
The POTD just reminded me that i have seen no new's regarding either the underground cavern's or access too alien technology such as the sexy router. I for one hope they all return in planetside 2. I always enjoyed the quasi-urban combat provided by the cave system's and quite frankly the environment was just downright beautiful.

Bags
2011-07-20, 02:34 AM
Any AT but the flail and radiator can return for all I care.

HELLFISH88
2011-07-20, 02:37 AM
Radiator was such a delightfully silly weapon but i would like too see the flail return in some form. Maelstorm? Meh, why not. It was fun. Spiker? I'm on the fence, it was awfully OP in the hand's of a skilled cloaker.

Can you imagine a Cloaker Certed player just nuking a busy V-pad with his crazy Spiker skills?

Vancha
2011-07-20, 02:46 AM
Honestly, the router was the only decent thing to come out of Core Combat.

Also, what kind of technology does Cavern have? I've never heard of him. :p

SilverLord
2011-07-20, 02:48 AM
Keep the Radiator and Flail, all else can go.

I'd prefer it not to be alien style technology though!

HELLFISH88
2011-07-20, 02:49 AM
The cavern's were the source of all the Alien Technology in the game aswell as "modules" which once installed at a facility granted it special bonuses or ability's. The modules had to be captured and transported too a base by player's and added a great aspect to the game. The cave's were also where one would get attuned to pilot a BFR.

Vancha
2011-07-20, 02:56 AM
The cavern's were the source of all the Alien Technology in the game aswell as "modules" which once installed at a facility granted it special bonuses or ability's. The modules had to be captured and transported too a base by player's and added a great aspect to the game. The cave's were also where one would get attuned to pilot a BFR.
I know my jokes are terrible, but that was impressive.

Bags
2011-07-20, 02:57 AM
Weapons like the flail are stupid. It's no fun to be on the receiving end and it's very little interaction from the giving end.

HELLFISH88
2011-07-20, 03:05 AM
It's artillery, it's not suppose to be fun on the receiving end. Would you feel more comfortable with the flail if it REQUIRED a laze target to be fired? That would at least force the pilot to work with a spotter.

Bags
2011-07-20, 03:06 AM
It's artillery, it's not suppose to be fun on the receiving end. Would you feel more comfortable with the flail if it REQUIRED a laze target to be fired? That would at least force the pilot to work with a spotter.

Because it's a video game. Flails also resulted in a 50/50 friend/enemy kill ratio.

HELLFISH88
2011-07-20, 03:07 AM
Because it's a video game. Flails also resulted in a 50/50 friend/enemy kill ratio.

Oh your good. touche'.

Vancha I didn't pick up on your sarcasm. blame 4 AM LOL

Bruttal
2011-07-20, 04:51 AM
No Caverns no benifs no vehicles no weapons from that expantion. i really didn't mind the Radiator was easily overcome with some med packs, the flail just blows being able to bomb a base from half a cont away is a lil nuts

Sifer2
2011-07-20, 05:23 AM
I think people would like the Caverns more if they were less Alien. All the crazy zipline stuff confused people. There could be a few areas like that but I think more of the Caverns should be more traditional Mineshafts/Sewer/Subways this time.

Asp
2011-07-20, 07:15 AM
Instead of making "alien" weapons and "new and exciting"cavern fighting again, I'd much rather see the devs just have continents that are off limits and unused at launch and can be opened up (or created completely with a larger revised planet map) to expand content. With each expansion they can release new continents, resources, weapons and vehicles.. It doesn't have to be an alien flail, it could be releasing an empire specific artillery piece for each faction, new class of weapon, etc.

Just do decent content updates and all will be fine, don't try to dress it up as "alien" to make it look more appealing, it's not.

Hamma
2011-07-20, 11:16 AM
Agreed.

Honestly I don't think we will see any of this in PlanetSide 2.

p0intman
2011-07-20, 11:29 AM
fuck the radiator and flail. fuck them to hell and back. most annoying shit ever. fuck BFRs, fuck caves, fuck cave benefits, fuck cave buildings, fuck cave layouts, fuck cave lattices, fuck it all.

anyone who thinks any of it is good, decent gameplay or relevant to what PS is supposed to be should go play scratch and sniff on the white dotted line on their local freeway.

Logit
2011-07-20, 11:33 AM
fuck the radiator and flail. fuck them to hell and back. most annoying shit ever. fuck BFRs, fuck caves, fuck cave benefits, fuck cave buildings, fuck cave layouts, fuck cave lattices, fuck it all.

anyone who thinks any of it is good, decent gameplay or relevant to what PS is supposed to be should go play scratch and sniff on the white dotted line on their local freeway.

I approve this Message.

PS..Fuck

p0intman
2011-07-20, 11:37 AM
ALSO WHILE ON THE TOPIC OF CORE COMBAT IN GENERAL.

BRING OLD OSHUR BACK. THE BATTLE ISLANDS SUCK.

For those of you who never had the glory of seeing old oshur and only know the fail islands:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmPhgUsasKI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=462KU4-T-4o

Firefly
2011-07-20, 11:46 AM
I have no problems with anything that came out of Core Combat except the BFRs. I'm a big fan of BattleTech and Mechwarrior, but this was just one of many game-killers for Planetside (arguably the biggest).

I hated being on the receiving end of a Radiator, but I enjoyed implementing it for tactical denial or kill-assists. I hated being on the receiving end of a Flail but I enjoyed its proper implementation as an indirect fire combat multiplier. I didn't have much use for the Router. The Switchblade was an awesome little thing. Maelstrom and Spiker had their uses too.

I think anything alien-tech or ancient-tech should remain with the Vanu, however. In keeping with the lore.

Infektion
2011-07-20, 02:17 PM
I honestly do not want alien tech or caverns... unless the caverns is built into the world itself, like instead of going over a mountain, go through it :) but I imagine the choke point would be too extreme :P

HELLFISH88
2011-07-20, 04:45 PM

I'm seceding from you and forming the "Newer" Conglomerate.

Bags
2011-07-20, 04:48 PM
ALSO WHILE ON THE TOPIC OF CORE COMBAT IN GENERAL.

BRING OLD OSHUR BACK. THE BATTLE ISLANDS SUCK.

For those of you who never had the glory of seeing old oshur and only know the fail islands:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmPhgUsasKI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=462KU4-T-4o

Played on it in the outfit wars.

Nothing great about it but nostalgia.

Kietharr
2011-07-20, 07:43 PM
I hope they just scrap it.

Traak
2011-07-20, 08:02 PM
What about tanks was not adequate for artillery? They couldn't provide ultra-long-range fires, yes, but, is a FPS really supposed to be about far-removed-from-combat button clicking?