PDA

View Full Version : Gal like a C130?!?!

Infektion
2011-07-27, 01:56 PM
So, since Matt nudged that they are making GAL seem like flying C130's... would that mean that I can finally use my throttle controls for a game aside from Planetside? I'd be nice to know I'll have better control over my craft with real controls :) That mouse crap never really wet my whistle when flying.

Sovereign
2011-07-27, 02:02 PM
Pray that they do not complicate it further for you by making its controls mirror that of an Osprey, then you would have something to deeply consider..

Still curious to see if they'll be used as frequent as they were last time seeing how we can just drop directly from a drop pod without a shuttle just seems to defeat its purpose and make it somewhat obsolete.

FIREk
2011-07-27, 02:26 PM
There will be limitations on the squad spawning system. Aside from not working indoors, I'm sure it won't work too close to buildings. Also, Matt said something about it being an alternative spawning method, not a primary one. Possibly there are long cooldowns involved.

NewSith
2011-07-27, 06:03 PM
***x202a;"LIKE A G6" (OFFICIAL) FAR EAST MOVEMENT (FM) feat The Cataracs & Dev***x202c;‏ - YouTube

basti
2011-07-27, 06:42 PM
Aye, i also hope using a joystick would be useful this time around. In planetside, its pretty pointless to use a stick because of the control limitations while in the air.

I want to do a looping with a Mossy and a Gal already. And hell, i want the customization options for the galaxy to allow me to modify it into a big ass gunship.

NewSith
2011-07-27, 06:47 PM
And hell, i want the customization options for the galaxy to allow me to modify it into a big ass gunship.

By far I think it's the best option to avoid creating two different things of the same origin. Gal with less(er) guns - more seats. Gal with more guns - "Sorry, we're full".

Talek Krell
2011-07-27, 07:45 PM
I figure it's safe to assume that you'll be able to mod your gal to fill either the troop transport or heavy gunship roles that it had in the original.

Good luck getting it to do a loop-de-loop though. :P

Lonehunter
2011-07-27, 10:56 PM
Good luck getting it to do a loop-de-loop though. :P

I don't think you've met a dedicated Gal pilot, this is what we're dreaming about. No matter how sluggish or hard it is...

Talek Krell
2011-07-27, 11:04 PM
I don't think you've met a dedicated Gal pilot, this is what we're dreaming about. No matter how sluggish or hard it is...

Have it your way, but I want to watch when people start trying this. :p

BorisBlade
2011-07-27, 11:09 PM
Have it your way, but I want to watch when people start trying this. :p

watching from outside the vehicle at a safe distance of course. =)

Talek Krell
2011-07-28, 12:34 AM
Of course.

Death2All
2011-07-28, 02:59 AM
Upside down Gal drops anyone?

Bags
2011-07-28, 03:07 AM
IT'S RAININ (men) SIDEWAYS

JanitOr KanOs
2011-07-28, 04:20 PM
I just want a proper Gal Gunship/AC-130. Guns on one side, lots of dakka, and some way to avoid missiles. Flares or something.

cashfoyogash
2011-07-29, 01:31 PM
TR Galaxy rollin down the strip, TR drop troopers on a one way trip. Mission top secret, destination unknown, dont really care if im coming home. If my main dont open wide, i got a reserve right by my side. If that one should fail me too, look out below iam coming through. If i die in the hot drop zone, put me in a box and ship me home. Pin me some wings upon my chest, bury me in the leaning rest.

ECM
2011-07-29, 02:18 PM
I just want a proper Gal Gunship/AC-130. Guns on one side, lots of dakka, and some way to avoid missiles. Flares or something.

Bingo