PDA

View Full Version : 2 other screenshots

Septose
2002-11-13, 01:23 AM
I was just scrolling around, and here's 2 other screenshots I seen that this site dont have yet.
http://planetside.info/MainCP/Main.shtml

I'm new to these threads, little background on me, use to be hardcore on EQ (level 60 shadowknight with epic and won the sk best of the best), and Now I usualy play Tribes 2, where im probaly best base raper there is..

Cant wait for this game to come out, it should be awesome..

xuur
2002-11-13, 02:00 AM
oh man, the muzzle flash on that tank is awesome.

I can just picture a line of em opening fire into a enemy encampment at night.

the stuff...erm..screen shots are made of!

thx

Hamma
2002-11-13, 07:00 AM
Those are indeed new, props to PSI :D

War Mongrel
2002-11-13, 07:47 AM
Come on, they need to show some screenshots of the Vanu Sovereignty.

Hamma
2002-11-13, 08:23 AM
Im sure we will see more screenies soon :D

that tank is huge, and the warp gate (i assume its a warp gate) behind it is massive... gives a good idea on how big the game will be

OoACoO
2002-11-13, 08:37 AM
I am an idiot. Thank you, that is all.

afex
2002-11-13, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by OoACoO
Pssst... Yeah you... The guys around the tank are VS.

uhhhhhh

no

NC tank, NC guys

stick100
2002-11-13, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by xuur
oh man, the muzzle flash on that tank is awesome.
the stuff...erm..screen shots are made of!
thx

YEA! These screenies are the best yet, I can really see that this is gonna be a nice looking game with good design. And the games coming out in about 3-4 monthes thats so awsome! Sorry to be excited but I just noticed that SOE seems (I know not final) to be prepping to sent the game out 3rd or so month next year, and I know this sounds stupid with all the new info comming out, but I had kinda given up on the game ever coming out. YEA! Happy Happy, dance dance.

Tobias
2002-11-13, 09:58 AM
Those guys are indeed NC, the guys on the cover box art are Valu though, our MAX suit looks pretty neato!

RocketFodder
2002-11-13, 09:59 AM
How amusing.. the very same person who flamed away on PSI about how shitty the screens looked is now excited because he realizes he's a fucking idiot. gg SW.

btw, Dave has signed in blood that PS will launch by March 31, 2003 long ago ;|

stick100
2002-11-13, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by RocketFodder
How amusing.. the very same person who flamed away on PSI about how shitty the screens looked is now excited because he realizes he's a fucking idiot. gg SW.

I have always thought PS looks good, when did I say otherwise. I have been especially impressed with their alpha blended (transparency) model of foilage.

I think the closest I said was that SWG looks cool, and truth be told I think they look about the same as far as graphics engines go, but I mean .... SWG's got Tatoiniee and Degoboth (Spelling is WAY off please forgive) its not a fair playing field.

Airlift
2002-11-13, 10:45 AM
Gah that tank is amazing! It almost makes me want to drive instead of fly.

NapalmEnima
2002-11-13, 11:23 AM
Does anyone else think that tank is doing INDIRECT fire? As in arcing it's shells to a distant target?

And that means ARTILLERY! WHOOHOO! Can't wait to pound the snot out of your base with my arty squad. :twisted:

Now if they just have some sort of forward observer system built in...

"The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"
"No, Chicken Little, that's jus*" BOOOOOMMM!

Heh. Chicken McNuggets everywhere. (And where's an exploding smiley when you need one)

Gonna rock. Waiting sucks.

OoACoO
2002-11-13, 11:39 AM
Why you're right, afex. Congrats.

afex
2002-11-13, 11:42 AM
where's my cookie?

Hamma
2002-11-13, 11:44 AM
/me gives afex a cookie.

btw I doubt that tank is firing at anything, its proly just shooting to get a good screenshot :D

Unregistered
2002-11-13, 12:22 PM
Yes, but from the angle of the barrel it's firing at nothing a long ways away!.

Tobias
2002-11-13, 12:48 PM
Knowing the NC they all got high and are trying to send a kitten into orbit.

Ginzue
2002-11-13, 03:20 PM
Space Kittens!

------------------
and here is your exploding smilie http://www.jamezbrown.com/mysmilies/ups/roderick_andara/egoshooter.gif

Airlift
2002-11-13, 03:51 PM
IGN Labels this image as artillery fire. Is that correct or is this an AA vehicle?

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/planetside_E32002_015.jpg

TreizeAtreides
2002-11-13, 04:12 PM
Artillary

NapalmEnima
2002-11-13, 04:16 PM
That's a Lightening. A 1-man tank. 75mm cannon and a chain gun with a limited field of fire.

IGN labeling it as artillery leads me to believe that either:

a) 75mm cannon can be used to lob shells too.

or

b) IGN needs to put down the crack pipe and back away slowly.

I'm guessing "a".

Ginzue: Your image don' woik.

RocketFodder
2002-11-13, 04:34 PM
The lightning has a cannon of its own, though I doubt it can hold a candle to something as formidable as the vanguard.

I don't know what pic you are referring to, but the pic in front of the warp gate is the Vanguard, not the lightning.

Sony Artist
2002-11-13, 04:45 PM
Yea the FX for the game are comming along now. Me and a couple others have been tweaking the hell outta them for quite some time. The Muzzle flash on the tanks are pretty large and quite impressive.

Its nice to see so many of you getting pumped about the game. I know for a long time people had given up on us. (teee hee) NEVER!!! We've mearly been keeping a low profile so that we can shock the shit out of you when we start showing stuff again.

Personally i think the game looks ALOT better than the screenshots our marketing has been releasin at this point....

Later friends,

Sony Artist

�io
2002-11-13, 05:01 PM
Wow you really working on Planetside?

If so can you give a message to your bosses for me :

HURRY UP!!!

That is all. :p

Sony Artist
2002-11-13, 05:14 PM
Yea i'll tell him you said to hurry up! Im sure he'll appreciate that! LOL.

Sheeesh, this game has been in production longer than DIRT. No one wants it out the door more than the artists! The new responce in the office to most issues with the game is,

"just ship it".

Josh

Airlift
2002-11-13, 05:19 PM
It wasn't so much that we'd given up on planetside per se. More like, we'd given up on rabidly following planetside when there wasn't enough to follow. I postponed devouring every piece of Pside info released a year or more ago because it was so distant. But the big guns are nigh upon us and the time for great rejoicing is now. Raise the flag high.

On the other hand, ask me if I've given up on Duke Nukem Forever. Go on, ask me. ;-)

afex
2002-11-13, 05:20 PM
hey josh, i hope you're the only artist that plans on signing up on this board. :D

(aka, don't have a handle?)

Unregistered
2002-11-13, 05:30 PM
Please, take your time with this game.

Do not "just ship it".

Very nice, and very friendly forums that love you to death can get really nasty and want your blood if you "just ship it". Ask Dave about Tribalwar someday, and you'll know why he doesn't want to "just ship it".

I for one am glad to see Sony allow enough time for the game to be finished before it goes out the door. I have always felt that PlanetSide was Dave's chance to create the epic game he intended Tribes 2 to be. Please give the man all the time he needs to make sure it's right.

Sony Artist
2002-11-13, 05:45 PM
All of that goes without saying. the "just ship it" is somthing to make us giggle.

And it does.........

Unregistered
2002-11-13, 06:02 PM
*whew*

For a second I started having flashbacks and thought I might end fighting against the UE instead of the NC and VA ;)

I hope your all giggling about the heart attack you almost gave me.

:D

Hamma
2002-11-13, 06:16 PM
:lol:

�io
2002-11-13, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Sony Artist
Yea i'll tell him you said to hurry up! Im sure he'll appreciate that! LOL.

Sheeesh, this game has been in production longer than DIRT. No one wants it out the door more than the artists! The new responce in the office to most issues with the game is,

"just ship it".

Josh

:lol:

Yeah i'd rather wait a few extra months than get an ok but not great game. :D

Oh and what was wrong with Tribes2? I loved it.

NapalmEnima
2002-11-13, 06:21 PM
T2: Awsome game. Rushed. Lots Of Bugs.

Surely you remember all the patches that have been released and the UE's you've encountered.

Awsome game. Love it. But it was rushed, for obvious reasons, by upper management, so the quality suffered.

Did I mention that I love T2?

ORC_NapalmEnima

�io
2002-11-13, 06:31 PM
Yeah i remember the 2min install 5min update. :lol:

But still it was a great game, can't complain much. :)

PlanetSide looks very schweet as well. CAN'T WAIT!!

Unregistered
2002-11-13, 06:33 PM
I loved T2 myself. I played it from the day it came out until just recently.

Infact the only reason I am not playing it now is becuase of the current patch fiasco. Well that and I didn't really care for classic mod.

�io
2002-11-13, 07:01 PM
Ninja mod ownz j00. :D

Septose
2002-11-14, 12:28 AM
I play on the Houston Vehicles Server, which is just about the last base server that still has a lot of ppl playing it, holds 60 people in it.

afex
2002-11-14, 12:29 AM
hahaha lol

Hamma
2002-11-14, 06:48 AM
:ugh: