PDA

View Full Version : Changing your identity?

WarChimp130
2011-09-02, 09:03 AM
Anybody plan on basically going into PS2 as a whole new person? I've been toying with the idea myself. Giving myself a new character name, playing a whole different type of roll, playing a whole different empire. Completely changing my Planetside self.

Why you ask? I think it would be fun to get a complete fresh start in the game, not having to worry about old alliances, any bad blood or drama from the last game that you don't feel like having to deal with the second time around. A complete fresh start to the game. I know a few guys create alts and stuff so they can play the game without being the character they are known best for.

Anybody planning on doing this? Just coming into the game as a completely different identity. Will you let anybody know who you are at all, or just keep it a complete secret?

FastAndFree
2011-09-02, 09:08 AM
I more or less did that just a month ago and the outcome was huge success, so I doubt I will throw it all away for Planetside 2 :)

Goku
2011-09-02, 09:32 AM
I still do not know how much my role will change as I still am not 100% sure as to how SOE is implementing everything. There is a good chance I plan on changing my name as I have had this, since I was like 13 or so. Though it does get entertaining when debating on c chat about what to do and when people run out of reasons for their idea they go for my name instead :D.

Crator
2011-09-02, 09:40 AM
Yes. I like to experiment with many different scenarios. I do this currently in PS1 so not sure why I wouldn't do it in PS2 as well. Doing this gives you a larger understanding of the game as a whole.

p0intman
2011-09-02, 09:45 AM
I still do not know how much my role will change as I still am not 100% sure as to how SOE is implementing everything. There is a good chance I plan on changing my name as I have had this, since I was like 13 or so. Though it does get entertaining when debating on c chat about what to do and when people run out of reasons for their idea they go for my name instead :D.

YOU MUST BE 13 AND THEREFORE KNOW NOTHING OF PLANETSIDE TACTICS, I, WHO HAVE A BETTER K/D COUNT THAN YOU, KNOW MORE AND AM BETTER THAN YOU. STFU LOLGOKU

<3 you goku. so much.

and to the topic: no. I am p0intman. the zero in my name has tripped up many. i intend to keep it for PS2 if its worthwhile to play.

Der Baron
2011-09-02, 09:53 AM
I'm looking forward to tk Azk again. He better not switch nicknames

RedKnights
2011-09-02, 10:23 AM
I do not intend to experiment with rolls nearly as much as Planetside 2 due to the new time-based skill system. What if you hate something? Guess your 2 weeks of skill training was for naught.

I do want to experiment with some of the classes though. If I like one, I guess I could THEN put points into something that will supplement it.

WarChimp130
2011-09-02, 10:24 AM
I do not intend to experiment with rolls nearly as much as Planetside 2 due to the new time-based skill system. What if you hate something? Guess your 2 weeks of skill training was for naught.

I do want to experiment with some of the classes though. If I like one, I guess I could THEN put points into something that will supplement it.

I think you posted in the wrong thread...

WarChimp130
2011-09-02, 10:30 AM
I can just see some benefit from reinventing yourself for the game. Not having to worry about people you used to beef with holding on to old grudges, no expectations to do things you don't want to do anymore, just a clean slate for a new game.

Originally I figured I'd be TR, same outfit, same play style, same old same old. But the more I thought about it, I figured it might be nice to distance myself from being WarChimp and being something else. Allow my merits from this game to carry me to where they will, and not based on the way I played and things I did 6 years ago.

Of course I'll probably make a character named WarChimp and just sit on the name in case I want to use it later. :)

Bags
2011-09-02, 10:39 AM
As tempting as it is to make a joke about rolls, I don't think I'll be switching anything up.

basti
2011-09-02, 10:48 AM
I am Basti, i have always been Basti, and i will ever be Basti. As for play style, that stuff evolves.

Tigersmith
2011-09-02, 11:43 AM
No Warchimp stay on TR haha

Lonehunter
2011-09-02, 11:49 AM
I'll be keeping my original name, which I try not to connect with my PSU name.

I can still reinvent myself but it's nice to get a tell from someone from PS1 I haven't talked to in a long while.

DOUBLEXBAUGH
2011-09-02, 01:20 PM
I never got on bad enough terms with anyone that they would hold a grudge, and heavy grunt has and will always be my main play style. I see no need/reason for me to change my name :)

Raymac
2011-09-02, 01:39 PM
Nobody knows who I am anyways, so there is no point. I'll still use the same name, and probably play in a similar style.

Logit
2011-09-02, 01:58 PM
People who have drama over video games are idiots.

That is all.

Graywolves
2011-09-02, 05:54 PM
I concidered it.

But I recently went full Graywolves.

Crator
2011-09-02, 06:06 PM
Out of the closet eh? :P

Graywolves
2011-09-02, 06:11 PM

Grrrrrrrrrrraywolves.

There's an R.

dachlatte
2011-09-02, 06:28 PM
ill keep the name. if i want to go incognito for a day ill make a new toon

Crator
2011-09-02, 06:38 PM

Grrrrrrrrrrraywolves.

There's an R.

LOL. I actually didn't mean it that way but ya, without the R I see what ya mean. That's too funny.

krnasaur
2011-09-03, 02:58 AM
I have never really been too sacred of my IG names, I would use my forum acct name in game, but i found out people have trouble pronouncing it on TS or vent, so I usually change it up.

As for playstyle, sticking to my HA/MA with advanced med/ basic engi. With some flight mixed in. Like to work as a team, but sometimes i feel the need to lonewolf it.

CutterJohn
2011-09-03, 03:33 AM
I thought this was going to be a post about an 'anonymous' mode or alternate name for your character, so you could slip online in a different persona if you didn't feel like dealing with friends/outfit, but with all your certs and whatnot still intact.

Since its not, I propose it. Its a good idea.

Mezorin
2011-09-03, 03:37 AM
Been using this handle for at least 10 years going on now, and its kinda stuck so I don't think I'll be doing the identity change for this game. Besides, I want to be able to run into guys I used to run with and have them reconize my name.

DxC
2011-09-04, 02:06 PM
Im probaly going to stick with DxC the name at least as for Empire I may make diff chars on other servers but as for starting again it will be per say I did not get very popular on PS1 for that reason I liked to Lead here and there and the odd global so Nothing to acuteness want to vanish and start again

MasterChief096
2011-09-04, 03:48 PM
Same name, same outfit, same empire here.

PrISM
2011-09-04, 11:46 PM
Staying PrISM, love me or hate me.

Atuday
2011-09-05, 04:09 PM
Not a chance. Vanu for life.

Effective
2011-09-05, 05:37 PM
I thought about it, a lot of people dislike me, and will probably continue to dislike me. But I don't care. So I shall forever more remain as Effect

Goku
2011-09-05, 05:40 PM
I thought about it, a lot of people dislike me, and will probably continue to dislike me. But I don't care. So I shall forever more remain as Effect

That makes the name even more valuable imo lol.

BorisBlade
2011-09-05, 05:56 PM
I'm gonna name my main char Natashablade (cant have Boris without Natasha!). So it wont be obvious at first who i am. Outfit mates will know the name from other games but its new to PS.

As far as empire, no commitment yet. Gonna depend on what route they take with the empire designs, esp if they actually follow thru with makin em play quite different. I do like the unique approaches that VS often can get so thats lookin cool, but nothin is decided til after beta.

Draep
2011-09-05, 08:48 PM
Def wanna change my name up a little bit, its pretty offensive and people aren't gonna want to see that for an outfit leader. Same empire, TR.

I frequently change my game handles and my peoples know me from other games. What.

Mirror
2011-09-06, 09:01 AM
But then we have to learn who the bad players are all over again. :rofl:

Sup chimp hows things?

WarChimp130
2011-09-06, 10:21 AM
Mirror, sup man, long time no see! I miss getting murder raped by you, lol.

And who knows, maybe yestergames bad players will be tomorrow games great players and vice versa!

I'm thinking I'm going to change my name but let people know who I am actually. I can't imagine going off the grid completely, I just know too many people and have too many old friends I'm going to want to play with. I'm leaning towards playing a Medic character(I was a Combat Medic irl) and want a name to reflect that.

Goku
2011-09-06, 10:28 AM
But then we have to learn who the bad players are all over again. :rofl:

Sup chimp hows things?

I had a lot of fun killing DT the first month you all came back from WoW. Then it wasn't so much fun :(.

Mirror
2011-09-06, 10:52 AM
I had a lot of fun killing DT the first month you all came back from WoW. Then it wasn't so much fun :(.

wow that was a long time ago.

Goku
2011-09-06, 04:04 PM
wow that was a long time ago.

Yes it was lol.

Graywolves
2011-09-06, 07:50 PM
Warchimp, you can't change your name, you're immortalized in Guru's fanfiction.

Logit
2011-09-07, 09:50 AM
I try to keep my name pretty consistent across all of the games I play.

I always hold out hope that someone, somewhere will see it and be like "Hey, I know that guy," and we rekindle a long lost gaming friendship.

Canaris
2011-09-07, 10:18 AM
names come and go but my blood is red and will always be Terran :evil:

Death2All
2011-09-07, 03:39 PM
I've spent years ruining my reputation. I will not let that go to waste.

WarChimp130
2011-09-08, 06:24 AM
Warchimp, you can't change your name, you're immortalized in Guru's fanfiction.

That is true...hmmm, guess we'll see.