PDA

View Full Version : I can't find it!!!

Nightmare
2003-03-05, 08:08 PM
I had my heart set on getting the Sapphire Radeon 9500 Atlantis Pro w/ 128MB, but the problem is, I can't fnd it ANYWHERE. They weren't kidding when they said the only problem with the card was availbility on that review. I think I was actually able to find one, the exact card I was looking for, but it was OEM. (what does that stand for anyways? I think it means used or somehing.) So, should I keep searching and try to find the card of my dreams, or should I go with the one I just mentioned? Thanks.

mistled
2003-03-05, 08:13 PM
OEM isn't used (though it could be, just like anything else). If I'm thinking correctly, OEM are parts that you would find in like a DELL. They are the one's mass produced to be sold in complete systems, as opposed to in a retail box like you would buy off the shelf. They usually won't be tweaked quite the same as retail items because DELL or Compaq or whoever has to be sure the they will run in all of their comps. Because of that, a lot of people won't buy OEM stuff since it is often not tweaked to perform it's best.

Nightmare
2003-03-05, 08:15 PM
Oh, ok. I knew something was up when they cost less than the retail ones.

Well, I forgot to put this on the orginal post, so I'll put it here. If you know of a good on-line store, could you leave the address? Like I said, I've tried everything I could find, but no luck.