PDA

View Full Version : Mouse issues

ringring
2012-02-07, 05:30 AM
Hopefully someone has an idea.......

I've just bought a gaming mouse (Raccat Kova+). As typical for gaming mice it has additional buttons on the left and right that you can assign keys to. For example assign 'T' or assign 'F1' or assign a buttton for 'push to talk' on teamspeak.

However, Planetside does not seem to recognise the existence of these buttons. It only recognises left/right mouse, push wheel and wheel up/down. Even when I set one of the side buttons to 'T' it doesn't work.

In the past I had a Razor Coperhead mouse and the additional buttons worked with that.

Any ideas?

Coreldan
2012-02-07, 05:47 AM
PS does recognize side buttons for me o.o

I personally have the "switch to 3rd person mode" in mouse 5.

EDIT: Oh, you did mention they worked on your old mouse.

The side buttons work OK in other games and applications, though?

ringring
2012-02-07, 08:32 AM
PS does recognize side buttons for me o.o

I personally have the "switch to 3rd person mode" in mouse 5.

EDIT: Oh, you did mention they worked on your old mouse.

The side buttons work OK in other games and applications, though?

thanks for the reply .... yes the buttons work in other apps. I have teamspeak 'push to talk' set to one mouse button and that works while ps is running.

I am on W7 64 bit, if that makes any difference.

Goku
2012-02-07, 09:49 AM
I never heard of that mouse before. Anyway i doubt there is a way to make it get picked up. Is it possible you can return the mouse for one of razed or Logitech? I never had issues with binding keys in PS. The G500 is a very nice mouse.

FastAndFree
2012-02-07, 10:49 AM
Did it come with a utility program?

I use a logitech MX518 and used the logitech utility program to emulate key presses with some of the extra buttons that don't get picked up by Planetside

ringring
2012-02-08, 07:14 AM
Well, I uninstalled the mouse, plugged an old one that used to work a few days ago and that one doesn't work now.

Given that the new mouse works fine in TS I'd say my issue is with PS itself, somehow becoming corrupted.

The problem occurring does coincide somewhat with the recent update.

If I can be bothered I'll reinstall, the download does take forever on my connection.

Vancha
2012-02-09, 01:50 PM
I never heard of that mouse before. Anyway i doubt there is a way to make it get picked up. Is it possible you can return the mouse for one of razed or Logitech? I never had issues with binding keys in PS. The G500 is a very nice mouse.
You've never heard of Roccat? Their original Kone mouse was one of the best around, though I have no idea if the Kova was as good, better or worse. They have a couple of interesting keyboards too, but unfortunately no mechanicals.

Is it possible to assign the back and forward buttons to two keys you never use? Some number pad or function keys? Or is it literally the buttons themselves that aren't being recognized?

Goku
2012-02-09, 03:54 PM
You've never heard of Roccat? Their original Kone mouse was one of the best around, though I have no idea if the Kova was as good, better or worse. They have a couple of interesting keyboards too, but unfortunately no mechanicals.

Nope I know the major vendors like Logitech and Razer down to lesser used Steel Series and Cyborg Rat along with others. This is a new one to me. I never used a mechanical keyboard either. I am sure they are nice, but my room mate would likely kill me if I got one. He sleeps to noon, while I get up at 8. Gotta love dorm rooms.

About re downloading the game. Even if you are on DSL surely it won't take longer then a day? If you redownload it before you go to bed it will probably be done by the time you get back from work/school.

Vancha
2012-02-09, 04:12 PM
Hm. What about Mionix? Both Roccat and Mionix are fairly new, but they make good quality stuff. Maybe not with a Logitech-level of polish, but easily on par with Razer I think.

Goku
2012-02-09, 04:50 PM
Mionix I've seen mentioned a few times on sale threads when I'm lurking slick deals.

SKYeXile
2012-02-09, 10:19 PM
...are you clicking the mouse tab or row to bind buttons to mouse?

otherwise download "x mouse button control", fixes anything.