PDA

View Full Version : Jackhammers won't be going away

brickbuster
2012-02-10, 07:02 PM
After the release of the news of the sweeper becoming NC exclusive, many players started worrying that the jackhammer wasn't coming back(and many a TR and VS hoped it wasn't coming back). Higby has said in the past that every faction will have it's own shotgun, assualt rifle, and heavy weapon. The jackhammer will just be the NC heavy weapon, it's not like the TR chaingun will be the TR assualt rifle, it's just an expansion of a particular weapon type that best suits the faction's mentality.

Can't wait to be blowing some barneys and elmos away with the jackhammer in beta, see you guys there.

Rbstr
2012-02-10, 07:08 PM
This needed a thread.

Crazyduckling
2012-02-10, 07:17 PM
I also wouldn't dismiss the possibility that the Jackhammer becomes a Max weapon.

Zulthus
2012-02-10, 07:22 PM
This needed a thread.

Do you honestly, truly, seriously, really fucking care? There are more important things to worry about than keeping track of every thread being made. It's discussion.

On topic, I hope the jackhammer returns, but in a slightly less OP verison, haha. It was pretty fun to use.

brickbuster
2012-02-10, 07:33 PM
I also wouldn't dismiss the possibility that the Jackhammer becomes a Max weapon.

It's a possibility, but I doubt it simply because of the nerd rage that SOE would have to endure. Everyone would be saying stuff about how they like their heavy/medium armor and don't being in a MAX to use their favorite weapon, and other factions will be pissed bc super-heavy armor + uber gun = "THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT I CAN'T KILL HIM WTF THIS GAME IS SO IMBALANCED FUCK YOU HIGBY!!!!!!!!"

Xaine
2012-02-10, 07:51 PM
Do you honestly, truly, seriously, really fucking care? There are more important things to worry about than keeping track of every thread being made. It's discussion.

On topic, I hope the jackhammer returns, but in a slightly less OP verison, haha. It was pretty fun to use.

Of course he cares.

It needed a sarcastic '+1 epeen level' comment. :)

Shotokanguy
2012-02-10, 08:17 PM
Higby has actually said the word "Jackhammer", so I was never worried about it not coming back.

please stop being so high strung, Zulthus

Zulthus
2012-02-10, 08:23 PM
please stop being so high strung, Zulthus

Nah, I'm perfectly fine being as 'high strung' as I am. Thanks though.

Marth Koopa
2012-02-10, 08:40 PM
The only weapon I'm worried about is the Lancer. If it doesn't look and behave exactly like the original I'm going to be really sad.

I need my WHOOP PEW Plasma Cannon :(