PDA

View Full Version : New Computer Resolution Issues

Crazyduckling
2012-02-13, 10:46 PM
I finally bought my PC!

Unfortunately, I am having some issues running some games in full screen. I first installed Planetside, and when I set the resolution to 1920x1080, it looks pixilated. But when I have it in windowed mode, it looks much better (but not perfect) It looks pixilated at all resolutions in full screen mode.

Any idea why full screen mode looks like crap, but windowed mode looks kinda decent? When I take a screenshot, it looks normal, so I can't show you what it looks like. It is most noticeable with text.

edit: its not just with Planetside. It happens in other games too.

Goku
2012-02-13, 11:14 PM
You try reinstalling the drivers? These are the latest from Nvidia's website?

Crazyduckling
2012-02-14, 05:13 PM
Reinstalled drivers.

I've done just about every combination of scaling options in the Nvidia control panel. Even when I have no scaling selected, it looks like Planetside is scaled to 1920x1080 then scaled back down to 1024x768.

Also, now that I've reinstalled the drivers, changing the resolution in-game does nothing. Even in windowed mode, the screen is always set to 1024x768 I think, but it looks good, not pixilated.

Goku
2012-02-14, 06:00 PM
This happens in every game you have played?

Crazyduckling
2012-02-14, 06:43 PM
With the games that I have installed so far, yes. Maybe I'll post a video so you get a better idea what is going on.

It could be compatibility issue with my tv, but before I wiped my HDD, I plugged it in to my computer and it ran games just fine on my old XP install. No issues.

Now that I have wiped it and installed Windows 7, it just doesn't want to work correctly.

IronMole
2012-02-14, 06:47 PM
Are you using a TV or Monitor? What model? Make sure the aspect ratio is set right on it.

HDMI, DVI or VGA?

Also, what graphics card do you have?

Goku
2012-02-14, 06:48 PM
That is potentially the issue. Do you have a real computer monitor around the house you can use the computer with to see if there is present on it?

What TV do you have? You may have to adjust the setting on the TV to make it work properly.

@ IronMole He has a GTX 560 Ti.