PDA

View Full Version : Wait...Wait A Damn Second, What?

NewHoriZon
2012-02-17, 02:16 AM
FFS, OMFG, NO AMS'es?!? Is this a freaking joke? AMS placement was of absolute importance to the largest zergs, or the smallest 5 man tacticle squads given super secret objectives. Nothing like trying to keep an AMS hidden. The zigging and zagging from the cloaked location of an AMS to try and conceal its wareabouts, pretending you were some random guy lost, coming from a completely different location, then finally yelling at the random guy who came and ruined it all and got the location found out!

The life of a certed AMS driver was the best, EVERYONE hunted for them. Nothing like running into a cloaked AMS at full speed in a TR tank just to easily blow it up, kill the freaking guys hiding in it, and change the tide of war... I GOT THE AMS...and then the driver who, at a crawling pace from across the map, was able to park them in just the right location, but not to right, cause they know that one. OMFG, NO FREAKING WAY, GAME OVER.

Someone please tell me, is this misinformation?

This is the Planetside the creator said was intedened to be made? The one without AMS'es..He was right, the game was ahead of its time on 56k but, way...to...go......You just took everything that was special to me in Planetside, and the found memories of a repeat, but with awsome grafics, away. Congratulations. Oh, and ya, lets take away the staging area...SANCTUARY... OMFG WAY>>>TO>>>GO you silly CoD BF3 wanna bes. /sitrep OVER. I bet they will take that command out too, and EVERYONE can run there mouth in global aswell, and no one has to be a proven leader with CR5.

Oh yea, and also almost in immiment defeat, at the vechicle terminal, all you see is AMS'es coming out for a final stand as the enemy is blowing up your respawn, but everything on the vechicle pad is being destoryed by tank fire on a hill, or by the entire enemy force who knows what you are trying to do...Wow, god it was great, but you were going to lose the base, but atleast you tried! WOW, I bet vechicle terms are going to be taken out too. WOW...Unbelieveable. Oh right, and hacking? What you cant go hack a vechicle term at an enemy base or something? I cant believe I was waiting over 7 years for this....

Someone tell me, is this misinformation?

basti
2012-02-17, 02:20 AM
congratulation, you dont know shit...

RodenyC
2012-02-17, 02:20 AM
Another one if these threads.Its getting old.

Mutant
2012-02-17, 02:21 AM
Stop tolling

Gal = AMS.

Hmr85
2012-02-17, 02:22 AM
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac259/FoxCircle/drama_llama.jpg

NewHoriZon
2012-02-17, 02:23 AM
Stop tolling

Gal = AMS.

Ohh right, ya... No one flew gals, nothing like the pilot being able to join the crew and suicide the damn thing for the fun of it. I loved watching gals fall from the sky.

What do you guys mean, another post? What is really going on here?

NewHoriZon
2012-02-17, 02:25 AM
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac259/FoxCircle/drama_llama.jpg
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j462/PhotoGuy357/BRAHSeriously.jpg

Coreldan
2012-02-17, 02:28 AM
This has been known for quite a while and theres been plenty of people like you who make TLDR posts about how the sky is falling.

Now there's a pretty good reason for you to fly a Gal, cos it is the new AMS. Instead of hunting an invisible barely defended AMS, you are gonna have to go take down the extremely durable, well armed and protected Gal.

But yeah, all your points have been discussed probably 20 pages worth elsewhere already, so dont expect people to discuss it with you again.

NewHoriZon
2012-02-17, 02:29 AM
congratulation, you dont know shit...

Where will we stage? Not Sanctuary? You know who does that...children.

NewHoriZon
2012-02-17, 02:30 AM
This has been known for quite a while and theres been plenty of people like you who make TLDR posts about how the sky is falling.

Now there's a pretty good reason for you to fly a Gal, cos it is the new AMS. Instead of hunting an invisible barely defended AMS, you are gonna have to go take down the extremely durable, well armed and protected Gal.

But yeah, all your points have been discussed probably 20 pages worth elsewhere already, so dont expect people to discuss it with you again.

Oh, well I just found out. Maybe the 20 pages should notbe neglected, maybe there is room for both. Wow, what a world we live in. Just because people say its ok does not mean it is, remember slavery? Oh and barly visable was the point, it was tactics, met on both sides. Wow, I cant believe this.

Coreldan
2012-02-17, 02:31 AM
Every continent has a mini-sanctuary (known as footholds by devs) for each faction. The opposing factions can not take these over or even get into them.

Veh terms are certainly still in, we even have screenshots of the UI.

Your comparison sucks, the point is, there was no need to make a new thread about it. Discussing stuff is OK and bringing up your view. What people are pissed off about is that you had to make a new thread out of a thing that already has too many threads :D

NewHoriZon
2012-02-17, 02:34 AM
Every continent has a mini-sanctuary (known as footholds by devs) for each faction. The opposing factions can not take these over or even get into them.

Veh terms are certainly still in, we even have screenshots of the UI.

Your comparison sucks, the point is, there was no need to make a new thread about it. Discussing stuff is OK and bringing up your view. What people are pissed off about is that you had to make a new thread out of a thing that already has too many threads :D

I'm sorry man, I am not a forum guy, I do not houndz ta foroms. I'm just concerned about something that I cant believe has a second chance, and frankly, am worried.

And mini-sanctuary? So before was it big-sanctuary? Like what is the significance of mini-sanctuary? Why do you say mini? To which comparison are you referring?

Coreldan
2012-02-17, 02:37 AM
This thread has just about everything we know about PS2 so far in a well condensed form:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37350

Also check out the "Media" section in the homepage and select PS2 for nifty screenies you've probably missed.

Garem
2012-02-17, 02:40 AM
If you're not a "forum hound" or whatever you called it, try out the Chat function. This isn't Reddit or 4chan. Things are permanent here.

Either way, as a frequent flyer or for your first time by, the Search tool is for winners. On any forum, for that matter.

Hmr85
2012-02-17, 02:40 AM
I'm sorry man, I am not a forum guy, I do not houndz ta foroms. I'm just concerned about something that I cant believe has a second chance and I am worried.

And mini-sanctuary? So before was it big-sanctuary? Like what is the significance of mini-sanctuary? Why do you say mini?

Beta testing is for finding out what will work and what will not work. What you need to do next time before you open up the 100th thread about ZOMG AMS are out the its TEOTWAWKI threads. Is go out, do a little research realize that everything is going be alright.

If the flying bus doesn't work out we might possibly see AMS's again sometime down the line. Don't be so down and out about slight changes to game play. This isn't PS1. This is PS2 and its a Re-envisioning as the Devs have put it.

NewHoriZon
2012-02-17, 02:43 AM
This thread has just about everything we know about PS2 so far in a well condensed form:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37350

Also check out the "Media" section in the homepage and select PS2 for nifty screenies you've probably missed.

Right on, thank you. You also loved Planetside? And played? Alot?

Vancha
2012-02-17, 02:44 AM
Just because people say its ok does not mean it is, remember slavery?
When you start comparing a vehicle in a video game to one of the greatest injustices of the ages, you probably need to step back and take a breath.

Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see...It's not fallen.

NewHoriZon
2012-02-17, 02:48 AM
When you start comparing a vehicle in a video game to one of the greatest injustices of the ages, you probably need to step back and take a breath.

Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see...It's not fallen.

I attempted to make a point, its a fair statement. Even if an overwhelming majority favor something, does not mean its right. Maybe slavery was an extreme example, but the concept is solid, no mater your feelings. I presume you are an educated person?

And yes, thank you for the sky comment, I mean, I am just seriously excited to have an opportunity to play what was an awesome game again, and need to have faith.

IceyCold
2012-02-17, 03:16 AM
Oh, well I just found out. Maybe the 20 pages should notbe neglected, maybe there is room for both. Wow, what a world we live in. Just because people say its ok does not mean it is, remember slavery? Oh and barly visable was the point, it was tactics, met on both sides. Wow, I cant believe this.

Did he...

Did he really compare not being outraged about the removal of the AMS to... being ok with SLAVERY?

Now we just need a hitler post.

Vancha
2012-02-17, 03:19 AM
I presume you are an educated person?
Nope.

Still, I'm sure there's a slavery equivalent of Godwin's law. The fact that it came to mind as a comparison probably says something as to your state of mind. :p

Besides, I don't think this is a case of "okay" or not, but rather that this is a new game with new dynamics and that criticizing something's existence (or lack of thereof) when we don't have a feel for the game is probably somewhat premature.

I hope you got the Queen reference.

Edit: Well would you look at that... (http://wiki.fandomwank.com/index.php/Godwin%27s_Law)

TheSHiFT
2012-02-17, 03:22 AM
I attempted to make a point, its a fair statement. Even if an overwhelming majority favor something, does not mean its right. Maybe slavery was an extreme example, but the concept is solid, no mater your feelings. I presume you are an educated person?

And yes, thank you for the sky comment, I mean, I am just seriously excited to have an opportunity to play what was an awesome game again, and need to have faith.

No, it is a false equivalence. Slavery being wrong is significantly worse than a wholly subjective view on the exclusion of a vehicle in a video game.

NewHoriZon
2012-02-17, 03:33 AM
Nope.

Still, I'm sure there's a slavery equivalent of Godwin's law. The fact that it came to mind as a comparison probably says something as to your state of mind. :p

Besides, I don't think this is a case of "okay" or not, but rather that this is a new game with new dynamics and that criticizing something's existence (or lack of thereof) when we don't have a feel for the game is probably somewhat premature.

I hope you got the Queen reference.

Sure, maybe premature but...consider SOE's history with turning on, shutting down, or mangling games I played and paid for. But for your research, Google/Wiki the corruption of the majority, America was actually an escape from the majority as the Puritan's fled Europe. The slavery, again, was to contrast, and incite a clear and obvious point, in relation to real life, past history stuff. Being a well rounded person as a result of a higher education is why individuals are paid more for doing the same job, or are always in roles which require more responsibility. Its wise not to bark at the obvious, but to understand its meaning while maybe growling. Please understand we both want the same thing, an awesome PS2.

and TheSHIFT, logic is logic is logic, try not to separate what is real in any sense.

Livefire
2012-02-17, 03:42 AM
Sure, maybe premature but...consider SOE's history with turning on, shutting down, or mangling games I played and paid for. But for your research, Google/Wiki the corruption of the majority, America was actually an escape from the majority as the Puritan's fled Europe. The slavery, again, was to contrast, and incite a clear and obvious point, in relation to real life, past history stuff. Being a well rounded person as a result of a higher education is why individuals are paid more for doing the same job, or are always in roles which require more responsibility. Its wise not to bark at the obvious, but to understand its meaning while maybe growling. Please understand we both want the same thing, an awesome PS2.

and TheSHIFT, logic is logic is logic, try not to separate what is real in any sense.

As a AMS driver I think the new gal idea is awesome and am looking forward to piloting one. It makes a lot of sense making the AMS fly, now we can park it any where and move a lot faster in doing so move the fight a lot faster to. I always thought a lot more things should fly in the future.

NewHoriZon
2012-02-17, 03:45 AM
As a AMS driver I think the new gal idea is awesome and am looking forward to piloting one. It makes a lot of sense making the AMS fly, now we can park it any where and move a lot faster in doing so move the fight a lot faster to. I always thought a lot more things should fly in the future.

=P I hope its fun, I will wait and apparently stop saying what everyone has already said, I guess I came too late. BTW as you were cert'ed AMS, did you ever pilot a GAL? =P

basti
2012-02-17, 03:51 AM

You are not making a point here, you just make an idiot out of yourself.
All of us have something they dont like, for me its the entire shield stuff and the sanctuary removal. Yet, I dont make threads about them, As I discuss the matter in one of those plenty threads about them. And I deliver actual facts and stuff, rather than just crying about it.
Now sit back, chill, and read all the previous discussions about the ams removal. After that, raise a new point, or chill till beta.

NewHoriZon
2012-02-17, 03:57 AM
You are not making a point here, you just make an idiot out of yourself.
All of us have something they dont like, for me its the entire shield stuff and the sanctuary removal. Yet, I dont make threads about them, As I discuss the matter in one of those plenty threads about them. And I deliver actual facts and stuff, rather than just crying about it.
Now sit back, chill, and read all the previous discussions about the ams removal. After that, raise a new point, or chill till beta.

Haha, yes sir.

Vancha
2012-02-17, 04:53 AM

:doh:

Does that ever work?

Livefire
2012-02-17, 04:55 AM
=P I hope its fun, I will wait and apparently stop saying what everyone has already said, I guess I came too late. BTW as you were cert'ed AMS, did you ever pilot a GAL? =P

I played PS from beta, and played non stop tell 08 then played another year in 10-11 on the hopes of PS2 coming out last march like they said it would. I have certed everything, shot everything, and driven/piloted everything, and have a toon on every empire.

ringring
2012-02-17, 05:28 AM
I played PS from beta, and played non stop tell 08 then played another year in 10-11 on the hopes of PS2 coming out last march like they said it would. I have certed everything, shot everything, and driven/piloted everything, and have a toon on every empire.
Me too, nearly, although I started in 2004 and my nc and vs toons are not even br10. And, I'm still subbed.

It's a shame you started this thread in a dramatic fashion and that the response was equally dramatic. When that happens the point of the thread become the drama itself rather than the topic at hand.

A lot of us a concerned at 'no ams' and 'footholds and no sanc' and we've discussed it at length previously to the extent that we don't want to revisit those arguments.

However, beta will give us all a chance to experience the actuality and to provide feedback to DEVS in a logical and hopefully constructive manner.

Peace.

sylphaen
2012-02-17, 07:44 AM
To the OP:
You have played PS1 and many PSU users would give you some respect for it because we all loved PS1 here.

However, to be honest, most of us would also definitely have appreciated if you would have given respect to other users by reading and searching other threads instead of starting a new thread. They spent a lot of time sharing opinions on those threads and did you honestly invest some time or spend efforts to look for information ?

Respect is a 2-way elevator.