PDA

View Full Version : News: Weapons webcast 24.2

ThGlump
2012-02-22, 03:01 PM
http://forums.station.sony.com/station/posts/list.m?topic_id=11500038823
February 24, 2012, at 4:30 p.m. US Pacific Time on Twitch TV!
For anyone interested in PS2 weapons and have chance to ask something.

Although given latest news i would like different theme for a webcast

RadarX
2012-02-22, 03:51 PM
The folks on the webcast can't answer any questions about Prosieben. They can just talk about some of the amazing weaponry in PlanetSide 2.

Mordicant
2012-02-22, 03:56 PM
Can we ask questions here to be passed on? I'll either be stuck driving at that point or stuck in a trailer on a factory floor with no net...

WiteBeam
2012-02-22, 03:57 PM
The folks on the webcast can't answer any questions about Prosieben. They can just talk about some of the amazing weaponry in PlanetSide 2.

Like the MAX right?

Duddy
2012-02-22, 04:06 PM
Like the MAX right?

Good point, I'd like to hear about MAX weaponry and how it works, including if they have some form of melee attack.

BigBossMonkey
2012-02-22, 04:14 PM
Some questions (in no real order):

1) The flamethrower that Tramell posted on twitter not long ago, is it for MAXs? Because I can't see how a regular soldier can use it.
2) WHERE IS MY TR KNIFE?!?!?!
3) What kind of grenades will we be seeing?
a) Will Jammers be coming back?
b) What kind of fun new types are there?
4) Will each faction have its own shotgun now that the Sweeper is NC only?
5) Any chance of a reveal (or at least some details!) on the TR/VS sniper rifles?
6) Assuming the Flamethrower up in question #1 is infact a MAX weapon, will we be seeing other NS weapons for them?
7) Matt tweeted 3 images a while back of some turrets on a base wall, few questions on those:
a) Will there be empire specific weapons for these turrets?
b) Are these the only commonpool weapons for them, or are there others not yet shown off?
8) Not really a weapon, but what kind of tools will Medics be getting? Mainly how will they be healing others?
9) Word on any fun Engineering deployables (shields, gun turrets, etc)?
10) Will sidearms be customizable? The screenshot of the Engineer loadout didn't show any modifications on it.
11) C4 has been mentioned several times, are these the new Boomers or is it separate from them?
a) What classes can use C4/Boomers
12) Do MAXs have melee weapons? It was mentioned they have a charge... MAXKnight please!

I'll think up more later.

stordito
2012-02-22, 04:23 PM
do explosive weaponry count in?
if so:

-what is the max number of c4/boomers one can expect to deploy?
-do grenades or other kind of weapons triggers other explosives like c4/boomers or they just "break"?
-do c4/boomer need a player to have physical contact with the target surface or i can trow them and they will stick (Bfbc2 style),even from great distances (while hot dropping,for example)

i'm asking so because actually a lot of people used those deployables as an direct-attack offensive weapon...i used to stick boomers under other people's camping asses while cloacked,back in the days..
and the good ol' boomerd-behind-the-corner trick never gets old.

Cobalt
2012-02-22, 04:56 PM
I hope I can watch this in the UK, ROHOHO.

Mirror
2012-02-22, 05:03 PM
The folks on the webcast can't answer any questions about Prosieben.

Any word on when we are likely to get answers?

DayOne
2012-02-22, 05:20 PM
This is about 11:30 GMT? I'd like to hear about the ES grenades.

Aurmanite
2012-02-22, 05:25 PM
It's funny, because I'm hardcore Republic, but I'm most interested in information on the Lancer, should it be making a return.

Canaris
2012-02-22, 05:26 PM
Hope you guys have some very nice new weapon surprises in store for us ;)

Johari
2012-02-22, 06:12 PM
I'd like to know:
-What's status of the Vanu MAX special ability right now?
-Is the Lancer still a charge-shot direct fire weapon? (I hope so)
-Does the Vanu HA's Lasher (if it still is called that) still have the lash effect?
-Any brand new weapons? Commonpool or otherwise.
-What are the training times like to start out with and how high do they go? If it's somewhat similar to EVE I'm expection minutes to months
-The other ES sniper rifles, shotguns, and whatever else we haven't seen.

Can't wait till Friday. Glad I have that day off.

Biohazard
2012-02-22, 06:51 PM
I am interested in the sound of the weapons:

1) Will I be able to tell which weapon I have switched to from the sound it makes?
2) Will the weapons sound deadly and shake the walls apart, or sound like nerf guns?
3) Will the weapons make ambient noise? like vanu weapons humming, nc weapons rattling while I run, etc
4) on that note: Will my armor change the sound I make while running?

Kaotc
2012-02-22, 08:08 PM
4) on that note: Will my armor change the sound I make while running?

4a) will there be footstep sound?

CidHighwind
2012-02-22, 08:56 PM
1.) Can you please describe a way (in detail) that an NC player might be able to modify his or her weapon loadout to 'match' the same style of gameplay that A TR might obtain through a base loadout.

TL;DR - describe how an NC can make a loadout that sprays bullets more than the typical loadout of *KABOOOOOOOM* shotgun. How a TR can do the same, but more towards a typical NC weapon set?

2.) How is the issue of quick-knife vs equip knife being tested and/or discussed INTERNALLY.

3.) Is weapon balance designed with the idea of each weapon type being defeatable by any other? or is it more rock-paper-scissors style, with one type always winning out over another (excluding sound tactical play)

4.) Are modifications to weapons set to specific types? I.E. if I want to do something crazy, like add a x8 scope to my 10-15 foot range sweeper shotgun, can I?

5.) Do certain weapon types do different TYPES of damage. I.E. is a sniper rifle more damaging to a tank's treads than an assault rifle due to caliber?

6.) Can you describe in excruciating, Lasher-like detail the process of weapon balancing?

Sirisian
2012-02-22, 09:01 PM
1) Can we plant explosive on maxes also?
2) I would actually be curious how quick knives are being implemented. I gave a lot of thoughts (http://www.planetside-universe.com/forums/showpost.php?p=634785&postcount=205) on that and was curious if SOE came to their own compromise.
3) Is the VS Lasher a machine gun?

Lazza
2012-02-23, 02:00 AM
I know its not to do with weapons but... prone?

Coreldan
2012-02-23, 02:01 AM
I know its not to do with weapons but... prone?

Confirmed to not be in.

Traak
2012-02-23, 03:12 AM
Except after you are dead. :D

Lazza
2012-02-23, 03:16 AM
Confirmed to not be in. Ok cool thanks.

Arkanakaz
2012-02-23, 11:37 AM
Like as someone else mentioned I would like to know if we will be using weapons similar to the medical applicator (heal gun) or BANK (repair gun) to heal ourselves and others. Also will these be restricted by class and will the medic have any special gun to help them heal?

Thanks

SurgeonX
2012-02-23, 11:37 AM
It's funny, because I'm hardcore Republic, but I'm most interested in information on the Lancer, should it be making a return.

T-Ray vaguely confirmed it on Twitter a while ago in reply to me asking about its return.

"most all weapons will make an appearance in one form or another. With weapon customization the look and feel can b augmented."

Anyway, it had better be.
It's my most favourite weapon of all time.
It's the one thing I'm looking forward to the most.
After using the Lancer, no other anti-vehicle weapon comes close for me.

That image in the top left from Facewank certinaly looks like a Lancer.
Check out the shoulder rest at the back, and the double grip affair for a steady aim whilst it is powering up.

Fff-chewwww!

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/432330_339994389378512_209775182400434_1032318_154 1128567_n.jpg

Hydra
2012-02-23, 04:50 PM
Ignore this post.

That one noob
2012-02-23, 05:34 PM
Is the Galaxy still be able to carry a light vehicle?
Or will we need a certification/specialized branch that allows the Galaxy to do so?
And if so, what penalties will be implaced upon the Galaxy?

Warborn
2012-02-23, 11:42 PM
Will MAXs require anti-vehicle weaponry to defeat in PS2, or can they be realistically overcome through small arms as well? Overall, how does their durability from PS1 stack up to their current incarnation?

How specific are the preferred targets for vehicle weapons? For example, is a lightning with its 6-shot anti-infantry cannon essentially relegated to targeting infantry, or will it be fairly capable against armor too?

Are fighters effective against all ground targets? In that recent "Anatomy of the Battlefield" article, Higby mentioned fighters destroying tanks. Are they mainly useful against vehicles with their air-to-ground weapons, or vehicles and infantry?

Justaman
2012-02-24, 03:28 AM
Will the combat knife be a viable primary weapon for an infiltrator? (can I Infiltrate* places and stab people, in places)

Coreldan
2012-02-24, 03:48 AM
I really hope infiltrators can somehow boost knife skills. Probably through certs. I'd really like to see it perhaps even as the primary weapon for them :D

I'm at work/sleeping to get up the next day for work when this webcast happens, but I'll try to catch up with the non-live version later :D

FriendlyFire
2012-02-24, 07:02 AM
ES MAX weapons, tell us about them?

Shogun
2012-02-24, 07:15 AM
is this the official question thread now? have the two threads be merged?

ok i got a question:

can you tell us some details about the different missile systems and about countermeasures for them? because countermeasures have been mentioned in pc gamer article.

Boomzor
2012-02-24, 08:44 AM
For us Euro folks interested, 4:30 pm PST (16.30) plus 8 hrs time difference = 0:30 GMT, or 01:30 CET.

(sorry, friday afternoon low caffein brains makes for bad math)

basti
2012-02-24, 06:24 PM
It starts in 5 minutes! Get into the PSU irc!

OnlinePirate
2012-02-24, 07:57 PM
Is it on YouTube ?

Fenrys
2012-02-24, 08:49 PM
Did anyone record it? I'd like to download it all at once since my ISP is too slow to stream it in real time.

basti
2012-02-24, 08:51 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/sonyonlinetv/b/309653892

This will get deleted and replaced by a youtube version.

Myomoto
2012-02-24, 08:52 PM
Confirmation of no Thumper makes me cry :cry:

Zenben
2012-02-24, 09:46 PM
Did the sound cut out when they put up a SS in the live stream, too? Or is that just in the recording?

Edit: Nevermind, seems they fixed it.

RadarX
2012-02-24, 10:24 PM
Did the sound cut out when they put up a SS in the live stream, too? Or is that just in the recording?

Edit: Nevermind, seems they fixed it.

There were a couple of audio issues that we are looking into. Hopefully resolved by our next webcast.

VanuMAXGuy
2012-02-24, 10:30 PM
Confirmation of no Thumper makes me cry :cry:

No Thumper... no Lancer... literally the worst day of PlanetSide 2 news.

Good job, devs, remove my two favorite weapons.

DviddLeff
2012-02-25, 01:29 AM
No lancer! NoooOOOooo!

That thing was my baby.

RedKnights
2012-02-25, 01:38 AM
No Lancer? :cry:

ThirdCross
2012-02-25, 01:46 AM
In case anyone else missed it here's a link to a recording of the podcast.

http://www.twitch.tv/sonyonlinetv/b/309653892

Hermes
2012-02-25, 02:23 AM
Fairly happy with that. Got a nice mental image of a group of maxes busting in the doors with dual flamethrowers. :D

"Wanna turn up the heat?"

Shogun
2012-02-25, 05:24 AM
nice info on the show - but i was a little disappointed that we got no info bout the flamethrower.
we already were kind of sure it will attatch to a max from the picture.
what we wanted to know was, what kind of flamethrower we will get.

will it be like the hairspraycan with a lighter, that only does a low range puff of flames (like in most older shooters) or will it shoot a mediumrange stream of burning fluid that does a nasty splash where it hits the floor, setting everything on fire?(including the thin line on the floor between the max and the target)

i would love the burning stream of fluid much more, because the lowrange firespray just feels like a shotgun with a little more eyecandy.

if it´s the firespray, will the fire at least use physics in some way? to be able to blow out full rooms like with the private ryan bunkersweeper?

best solution would be both options as 2 firemodes, much like the original ps1 dragon, but with the stream instead of the mystical fireorb.

Redshift
2012-02-25, 05:38 AM
revive grenades.... "I'll explode you back to life!"

Shogun
2012-02-25, 06:07 AM
revive grenades.... "I'll explode you back to life!"

new medic TK sports ;-)

throw a revive nade at a friendly and then kill him just in the second the nade blows up ;-)

Cosmical
2012-02-25, 06:35 AM
Am i being an idiot because i cant find the webcast? Can someone tell me when its posted to youtube. thanks x

DOUBLEXBAUGH
2012-02-25, 06:45 AM
Might not be on youtube yet, usually takes them a day or 2, but its not deleted from their twitch tv channel yet.

http://www.twitch.tv/sonyonlinetv

Click it in the videos tab at the bottom to load it.

Cosmical
2012-02-25, 06:55 AM
Might not be on youtube yet, usually takes them a day or 2, but its not deleted from their twitch tv channel yet.

http://www.twitch.tv/sonyonlinetv

Click it in the videos tab at the bottom to load it.

Thanks boss. x

bjorntju1
2012-02-25, 07:14 AM
Is it just me, because that video doesn't work here. I only get sound but no video. And it lags the shit out of my computer for some reason.... I think i'll wait for the Youtube version. :P

[edit] Should work now, youtube gave the same problem. Restarted my PC and it works fine.

bjorntju1
2012-02-25, 12:25 PM
Whoops, quote instead of edit.

ThGlump
2012-02-28, 05:30 PM
So where is youtube version of this? Twitch.tv link no longer works.

Eyeklops
2012-02-28, 09:16 PM
So where is youtube version of this? Twitch.tv link no longer works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Gwu9Ssk8E

ThGlump
2012-02-29, 10:52 AM
Ah thank you. I was looking only in planetside2 channel. Need to check other too next time.