PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Driver Stop responding in PS

NCLynx
2012-02-25, 11:33 AM
It only happens when I'm playing Planetside, no other games.

After about 5-10 minutes of gameplay my graphics driver will simply stop responding usually resulting in my having to reset my computer entirely.

I'm using a GTX 570, completely updated. Anyone else ever get this problem?

Goku
2012-02-25, 05:09 PM
Try rolling back to previous drivers to see if that helps. This release may of bugged something in PS for you.

Lonehunter
2012-02-25, 09:13 PM
Did you update it recently? The recent update for my GTX messed with a few other games

NCLynx
2012-02-25, 10:17 PM
It was like this before the most recent update as well unfortunately. So I'll either have to find a previous version that does work or wait till PS2 beta.

I know at one point when it stopped I got a message on my monitor saying my H and V (IIRC) frequencies were out of sync. My monitors have the same refresh rate and everything so I couldn't figure that one out but it never happened again either.

Goku
2012-02-26, 12:41 AM
The 570 was released back in December of 2010, so you can go back and try all those driver versions that support it. I recommend trying the TSR on the PS forum perhaps they will be of help. There are quite a few here running GTX 500 series cards that do not seem to share your issue is all. That may show its more a issue with your system as opposed to being rampant.

Zulthus
2012-02-26, 01:48 AM
I have a similar issue with my GTX 460, my display driver stops working and crashes after either I zone 4 times or I play for about half an hour.