PDA

View Full Version : ESAV lock on vs. MAX?

TerminatorUK
2012-02-25, 03:29 PM
So we had confirmation that each faction will have an AV weapon which locks on.

Will the lock on occur against someone usin MAX (limiting their outdoor effectiveness) or will a degree of skill be required to hit them with unguided AV be required?

VanuMAXGuy
2012-02-25, 03:35 PM
Please don't lock on to MAX, we're not vehicles.

It was annoying being a Vanu MAX player, because you either had to deal with invisible rockets or BEEP BEEP BEEP POW BEEP POW POW BEEP POW.

Bags
2012-02-25, 03:37 PM
I hope so. DIAF maxes. > : o

Kran De Loy
2012-02-25, 03:38 PM
MAX aren't vehicles.

You should still be able to dumb fire AV weapons tho. Great way to clear a hall way.
Infantry would be fast enough to dodge while MAXs not as much.

sylphaen
2012-02-25, 04:21 PM
To be honest, with all 3 empires armed with direct fire AV, MAX players will be crying for a nerf on all Lancer-like weapons.

Xaine
2012-02-25, 04:36 PM
You should still be able to dumb fire AV weapons tho. Great way to clear a hall way.

Please god no.

I don't care about the dumb fire, but AV explosive weapons being effective against infantry is literally the worst thing that could happen in this game.

I don't want 20v20 infantry fights to become a game of Halo where people are jumping around firing rockets at each other.

I'd rather keep the AV lock on only to avoid stuff like this. If you want to use explosives and clear corridors, then use a GL.

Sad face :(

Kran De Loy
2012-02-25, 05:06 PM
Ack! I see your point.

Sorry for the misguided thoughtless comment. I guess I just like making things explode a little too much.

Goku
2012-02-25, 05:08 PM

I just can't wait to get into a MAX and kill you over and over again :D.

Bags
2012-02-25, 05:10 PM
But we're both NC~

Hamma
2012-02-25, 05:14 PM
We don't know if they will lock on to MAX's or not but that is a good question.

Fortress
2012-02-25, 05:33 PM
Make it lock on to maxes and one hit them.

Then give them a 60 minute timer.

ThGlump
2012-02-25, 05:45 PM
Then limit Fortress to use only MAX class

Maybe they get rid of lockon on maxes, as they plan 2 AV.
VS get Lancer (even if its later), so they can kill max at distance without lock
NC get camera/laserguided rocket so they dont need lock on
TR is unknown, but if they get something to hit small moving target without lock tere wont be much reason for lockon on MAX.

TerminatorUK
2012-02-25, 05:49 PM
We don't know if they will lock on to MAX's or not but that is a good question.

Thanks :-) I thought as much but was really fishing for a dev response to clarify.

I'd like to think there is no lock on, small arms fire is somewhat more useful than PS1 and that direct rocket launcher hits are going to hurt (the latter two were confirmed).

With the class retrictions on AV, I have a feeling they'll have to behave much more like well-armoured infantry and hopefully therefore more consistent.

In PS1 they were one of the extremes of the rock-paper-scissors system which could range from total frustration to OP under certain conditions.

ThGlump
2012-02-25, 05:57 PM
With the class retrictions on AV, I have a feeling they'll have to behave much more like well-armoured infantry and hopefully therefore more consistent.

And yet they give everyone some sort of grenade launcher (most probably as a underslung), so they dont feel useless against tanks. So there is no reason for MAX not to have vehicle armor again.
And it was stated that normal weapons will hurt MAX but large portion of damage will be mitigated.

Sifer2
2012-02-25, 06:22 PM
Well there is no longer a jetpack MAX in the game. And they may not even have the sprint mode anymore. So I can't see why it would be necessary.

DOUBLEXBAUGH
2012-02-25, 10:44 PM

this

CutterJohn
2012-02-25, 11:25 PM

Inside, MAXs were annoying. Outside, they were nothing special, and largely got raped by most everything else. ESPECIALLY those damned phoenixes.

Hopefully they work out a way to make them a bit more resistant outdoors without making them OP indoors. Maybe more vulnerable to small arms, but less to AV.

It is a good question though, since MAXs in PS2 are being treated a lot more like heavy infantry than infantry/vehicle hybrids.. Stands to reason that AV may not be the same against them.

Goku
2012-02-26, 12:52 AM
But we're both NC~

I forgot you switched NC. Well I'll just have to make a VS alt and kill you with a beam sword.

Xaine
2012-02-26, 01:35 AM
Ack! I see your point.

Sorry for the misguided thoughtless comment. I guess I just like making things explode a little too much.

Haha that's alright, you should read some of my crazy ideas. They'll make you cringe :p

TerminatorUK
2012-02-26, 07:23 AM
Inside, MAXs were annoying. Outside, they were nothing special, and largely got raped by most everything else. ESPECIALLY those damned phoenixes.

Hopefully they work out a way to make them a bit more resistant outdoors without making them OP indoors. Maybe more vulnerable to small arms, but less to AV.

It is a good question though, since MAXs in PS2 are being treated a lot more like heavy infantry than infantry/vehicle hybrids.. Stands to reason that AV may not be the same against them.

Yup..fully agree. Would great to have equally viable outdoor and indoor usage.

Canaris
2012-02-26, 07:59 AM
If there is going to be dual wielding splatter maxes or the like, then I demand lock on for those bi0tchs!

Traak
2012-02-28, 09:37 AM
No lock-on for maxes. Unless maxes can aimbot onto softies, vehicles, and planes, like the "replay" feature on the Zorg ZF-1.

Zorg's ZF-1 gun - YouTube

I NEED a few of those ZF-1's.