PDA

View Full Version : Comic: Cosmic Comic #2 - NC

Cosmical
2012-02-29, 07:58 PM
New comic. Deals with the mentality of NC, and the ressurection of an old friend.

Enjoy.

http://pic.twitter.com/q2FmAId5

(I will send Hamma a hi def one to host for later.)

http://www.planetside-universe.com/media/main/cosmiccomic/20120229_4f4ed9de559cd.jpg

http://www.planetside-universe.com/media/viewer.php?img_id=1911

Vash02
2012-02-29, 08:02 PM
An accurate view of the NC in my mind.

Aurmanite
2012-02-29, 08:04 PM
I love the Guile/Duke Nukem-esque dude.

DayOne
2012-02-29, 08:04 PM
:rofl:

Higby
2012-02-29, 08:08 PM
:rofl:

Love it. I find yfrog to be a better image host than just using twitter by default... if you use tweetdeck it automatically uploads to there for you. It's just a bit easier for people to get to the image that way!

Awesome comic man, really impressed!

Hamma
2012-02-29, 08:08 PM
Awesome!! :rofl:

Posted the high def version in your original post. :)

Zhane
2012-02-29, 08:09 PM
Tripple is not a word. Just for future reference.

Aurmanite
2012-02-29, 08:20 PM
Tripple is not a word. Just for future reference.

Sgt. Buzz killington - Grammar Police.

VanuMAXGuy
2012-02-29, 08:21 PM
Gorilla Warfare? You mean flinging poop at each other?

Zhane
2012-02-29, 08:24 PM
Sgt. Buzz killington - Grammar Police.

That's my job. /salute

Hey, I'm a writer and my mother was an English teacher. Can't help myself.

Aurmanite
2012-02-29, 08:25 PM
That's my job. /salute

Hey, I'm a writer and my mother was an English teacher. Can't help myself.

"Can't help myself." is a fragment.

Zeroshin
2012-02-29, 08:25 PM
actually, tripple IS a word, just used in the wrong context.

tripple
Pronunciation: /ˈtrɪp(ə)l/

noun
[in singular]a horse’s gait in which both left and then both right legs move together.

verb
[no object](of a horse) move at the pace of a tripple.

Origin:
late 19th century: from Dutch trippelen, from trippen 'to skip, trip'

But other than that, great laugh from a to be great web comic strip.

Graywolves
2012-02-29, 08:26 PM
DARN!, the NC have Duct Tape.

Game Over.

HELLFISH88
2012-02-29, 08:30 PM
This is how we came up with the thunderer as well.

Synapses
2012-02-29, 08:30 PM
Hilarious.

VioletZero
2012-02-29, 08:38 PM
Complete lack of backgrounds.

Cosmical
2012-02-29, 08:40 PM
Thanks for kind words again guys. And to Higby for his attension.

Once again dont forget these are just to make us giggle, if at all. They arnt high art to be judged as such. There will be mistakes and typos, im just throwing this stuff together with what little i know of photoshop. And it really is little.

ta ta. x

arclegger
2012-02-29, 08:40 PM
Hahahahahahaha Awesome!

Aurmanite
2012-02-29, 08:41 PM

Once again dont forget these are just to make us giggle, if at all. They arnt high art to be judged as such. There will be mistakes and typos, im just throwing this stuff together with what little i know of photoshop. And it really is little.

ta ta. x

You're the man dude. Much enjoyment.

Talek Krell
2012-02-29, 08:45 PM
I lol'd.

Higby
2012-02-29, 08:45 PM

ta ta. x

Don't undersell yourself, these are great and you have a real talent for both the art side and putting nuances and humor into them. No one would have guessed that Penny Arcade would go from goofy gaming comic to the juggernaut it's become... You can take this as far as you want to, Cosmical!

Graywolves
2012-02-29, 08:46 PM
Don't undersell yourself, these are great and you have a real talent for both the art side and putting nuances and humor into them. No one would have guessed that Penny Arcade would go from goofy gaming comic to the juggernaut it's become... You can take this as far as you want to, Cosmical!

Higby is trying to say that you should make money off of this and send it to me. So that I have money.

Cosmical
2012-02-29, 08:59 PM
Higby is trying to say that you should make money off of this and send it to me. So that I have money.

Im pretty sure what he actually said was "destroy Penny Arcade by whatever means neccessary."

Thank's again Hig. I mainly just want to fill up a wall in your studio and create a fire hazard. A hilarious fire hazard!

Geist
2012-02-29, 09:05 PM

ta ta. x

Humble as ever. People would kill for talent like yours. A minor grammatical error here and there takes nothing away from your comic.

Also...DUCT TAPE! :rofl:

WiteBeam
2012-02-29, 09:15 PM
Hahahaha awesome.

And the NC logo with bird on its face is pretty funny too.

Crator
2012-02-29, 09:16 PM
These comics are really great!

Cosmical
2012-02-29, 09:24 PM
Complete lack of backgrounds.

I do have a job, and other hobbies, and things to do you know? Adding another few hours to the drawing for something that isnt particularly needed isnt something im willing to do sorry bud.

Think of it like telling a joke. When the Englishman the Irishman and the Scotsman walk into a bar, you dont describe what the houses are like in the distance do you?

Hahahaha awesome.

And the NC logo with bird on its face is pretty funny too.

haha didnt think anyone would notice that, nice job. (p.s. i only even noticed the NC logo was supposed to be a bird when i looked hard at it to draw it)

I also tried to make the floor of where the lil figures are look like the VR in planetside 1. But i couldnt remember the colour and there are virtually (PUN) no pics on google of it.

Hamma
2012-02-29, 10:00 PM
Don't mind the haters - you do some awesome work! The VR looks pretty spot on to me. :D

Also Geist, Duct tape is in fact what it is called - that's how I learned it anyway. Duck/Duct is interchangeable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duct_tape

Geist
2012-02-29, 10:16 PM
Don't mind the haters - you do some awesome work! The VR looks pretty spot on to me. :D

Also Geist, Duct tape is in fact what it is called - that's how I learned it anyway. Duck/Duct is interchangeable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duct_tape

....the shame. I know all this. Why I wrote duck...... :(

Cosmical
2012-02-29, 10:17 PM
Don't mind the haters

I wasnt being defensive, although it did come accross as a lil bit aggressive. I was hoping to explain why i dont do backgrounds.

Truth be told the most boring part of the process is colouring to me, i could draw all day but that part is pretty much soul sapping to me. And anything i can do to have alot less to colour is a godsend. Chuck a gradient in there and hope no one notices i say. hehe

WiteBeam
2012-02-29, 10:20 PM
haha didnt think anyone would notice that, nice job. (p.s. i only even noticed the NC logo was supposed to be a bird when i looked hard at it to draw it)

I also tried to make the floor of where the lil figures are look like the VR in planetside 1. But i couldnt remember the colour and there are virtually (PUN) no pics on google of it.

Lol I honestly didn't know the yellow was a bird head and wing either after all these years, till a few weeks ago. I always thought it was a gastropod/ancient snail thing.
The VR was easily recognizable. Love that any PS player will pick up on these inside jokes.

Hamma
2012-02-29, 10:33 PM
....the shame. I know all this. Why I wrote duck...... :(
:lol:

It's all good!

I wasnt being defensive, although it did come accross as a lil bit aggressive. I was hoping to explain why i dont do backgrounds.

Truth be told the most boring part of the process is colouring to me, i could draw all day but that part is pretty much soul sapping to me. And anything i can do to have alot less to colour is a godsend. Chuck a gradient in there and hope no one notices i say. hehe
:lol:

Either way it looks awesome. Time for TR! :)

Whalenator
2012-03-01, 12:26 AM
Higby is saying Apply. probably not.. but fuck higgles:love:

http://www.soe.com/careers/

You have amazing potential. Anything can be learned, but talent you are born with and the passion creates you. It doesn't hurt to try to do something you love for your profession bro. :)

As little as it may mean, I think you are incredibly talented and intelligent.

http://gifsoup.com/view5/2429865/wipes-tear-o.gif

cellinaire
2012-03-01, 12:43 AM
Awesome as always =)

Grimster
2012-03-01, 01:10 AM
Haha, awesome comic.

I love this one and the VS one. Can't wait to see a TR comic. :)

Coreldan
2012-03-01, 01:12 AM
Except for the few typos it's amazing yet again! :D

ISKCygale
2012-03-01, 02:59 AM
Wouhou, Excellent... :D

Hermes
2012-03-01, 03:00 AM
Great comic! Actually got some funny to it too - which is surprisingly non existent in some fan comics :)

First time I've seen your work and I like it :D

Canaris
2012-03-01, 03:54 AM
Another epic comic Cosmical! :D
So that's where my duct tape went, blasted NC steal anything that isn't nailed down... and if it is nailed down they use

http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/meh.ro5692.jpg

SpLiTNuTz
2012-03-01, 04:03 AM
Dude you a brilliant haha

sylphaen
2012-03-01, 04:21 AM
Excellent comic.
:)

Magpie
2012-03-01, 04:33 AM
Hahah I fucking love it great work mate

Cosmical
2012-03-01, 05:18 AM
Except for the few typos it's amazing yet again! :D

Feel free to PM me with corrections guys. Im not the most gramatically skilled, and i would like them to be correct, a PM will avoid you looking like a knit picker to others and probably help me alot.

I think its when you spend hours staring at something, rather than mistakes becoming obvious you kindof become numb to them, or your mind skips over them.

Anyway thanks again for your possitive support. Will start working on the TR soon, already got the idea.

Shogun
2012-03-01, 05:21 AM
great work!
again!

and don´t mind typos or words that don´t officially exist or something ;-)

everybody knows what tripple is supposed to mean.
and i actually like the gorilla typo ;-) this duke nukem guy just doesn´t give a shit ! fits perfectly as it is!

thanks a lot for giving us da giggles!
and it makes our devs happy as well! that´s the best part because happy devs make better games ;-)

i am curious what you come up with for the tr!
maybe something resembling zapp brannigan who likes to send in waves after waves of his own men until the killer robots kill-limit triggers ;-)

Cosmical
2012-03-01, 11:53 AM
Guess i need a proof reader. Its been really anoying me all day trying to remember if i put dessert or desert on the first one. Price i pay for reading 2 books my entire life. haha

Anyone want to volunteer their services? Preferably someone like me who is usually always online?

PM me your Skype or MSN, preferably an IM and not Twitter.

Cosmical
2012-03-01, 11:59 AM
i actually like the gorilla typo

Oh for gods sake, its Guerilla! I even played the shit out of Red Faction Guerilla.

I am officially a moron! haha

Raymac
2012-03-01, 12:03 PM
Cosmical...please please please, I am begging you. Keep doing this. Nurture this talent of yours. Keep making these comics regularly. Not every one will be a big hit, but don't let that stop you or even slow you down. Even the best comedians in the world have jokes that bomb, but you have a gift. Many people say they have a good sense of humor, but the ability to actually write jokes that are funny is a special skill that sets you apart.

Duct tape was a great punchline, but triple shotguns made me literally laugh out loud. Keep up the great work, dude.

Fenrys
2012-03-01, 12:41 PM
*giggle*

Thanks again!

Bravix
2012-03-01, 01:02 PM
Loved it. At first, I was thinking, "Okay...where is this going." Finish was great, brought it together well. Unpredictable and humorous!

Nephilimuk
2012-03-01, 01:36 PM
very very good : )

Miir
2012-03-01, 01:57 PM
There's nothing you can't fix with duct tape.

Nice work

Trolltaxi
2012-03-01, 01:59 PM
Awesome job, I haven't have a good laugh for days or weeks but this masterpiece made my day! :) Thanks man!

Also, duct tape will be a planetside meme for sure! If I ran an NC outfit I'd name it after that! Fits the empire theme so nicely, and even typos are a fine stylistic addition to the NC "hired gun" character! I'd suggest to keep it!

Hamma
2012-03-01, 02:41 PM
We could certainly implement some kind of proofreading process if we made it an official PSU feature!!!

:beatsdeadhorse:

duomaxwl
2012-03-01, 02:51 PM
Great job man! Keep it up.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Cosmical
2012-03-01, 02:56 PM
We could certainly implement some kind of proofreading process if we made it an official PSU feature!!!

:beatsdeadhorse:

Yeh, would make me less stressed. Dont worry man i am interested in doing it. Let me get these three done, then we can correct them and release them officially all completed and nice.

Hamma
2012-03-01, 04:07 PM
yay! :)

Fenrys
2012-03-12, 07:23 PM
Prophetic comic is prophetic.

http://www.geek.com/articles/geek-cetera/no-need-to-dual-wield-with-this-double-barrel-45-20120312/

Ailos
2012-03-12, 09:25 PM
Lol I'm a professional engineer and no protype we've ever developed worked until we used duct tape. This is awesome.