PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8 Support?

Synapses
2012-03-01, 11:13 PM
I wonder if we are going to see windows 8 support. I am about to install it.

I am also curious about SLI and Quad-core proc support as well. And for those that I know are curious, also Eyefinity support.

Some others im curious about is my keyboard the Logitech G15. I would LOVE to see support for my G15 with maybe ammo counters or implant status or something cool.

VanuMAXGuy
2012-03-01, 11:31 PM
Windows 8 will not have any major changes like what happened from XP to Vista. If it works in 7, it will work in 8.

Traak
2012-03-01, 11:35 PM
Funny. Playing PS on a touch-screen. Imagine the controls.

Double-tap to, well, double tap?

Bags
2012-03-02, 12:03 AM
I imagine since forge light is a brand new engine it will work well with SLI and take advantage of multi core well, but they haven't said anything about that.

That one noob
2012-03-02, 12:55 AM
Isn't W8 suppose to be formatted for tablets? And desktop is suppose to be an app? Ugh

Synapses
2012-03-02, 01:06 AM
So after looking more in to Windows 8 (just read it was coming soon) I found out that its basically going to be useless for us gamers. Its a Tablet operating system... Look almost exactly like the new Xbox360 operating system... Pretty lame.

My question still stands for the CPU/SLI support, and the G15 Keyboard display.

Bags
2012-03-02, 01:49 AM
Why would you want your keyboard to display ammo counters when it will be in the bottom right corner?

Synapses
2012-03-02, 02:12 AM
Why would you want your keyboard to display ammo counters when it will be in the bottom right corner?

I didnt mean specifically ammo counters. I meant to portray the idea of having something cool be displayed. I am trying to think of cool things they could show. Maybe a small version of the map or the base layout. Even flashing some kind of warning when there is incoming missiles. There is tons of things they could do. And I know there is a lot of gamers out there with the gaming swag hardware.

I personally have the G15 Keyboard, G35 headset, and the G9X mouse. And its all themed to NC colors at that.

Shogun
2012-03-02, 04:53 AM
i never understood why logitech included lcds on some gamerware.
when i´m gaming, i keep my eyes on the screen, so this is where i want my infos and head ups to be.

maybe the lcd could be useful for displaying a voicechatlist. like teamspeak overlay did, just not onscreen but on keyboard. everytime someone uses voicechat his name appears on the lcd and stays there till the next one speaks, causing the old name to scroll up one place.
this way you could check who said what, even when hell breaks loose.

i don´t need really important warnings or infos there because i will most likely not notice if it´s not on the screen

Synapses
2012-03-02, 05:44 AM
i never understood why logitech included lcds on some gamerware.
when i´m gaming, i keep my eyes on the screen, so this is where i want my infos and head ups to be.

maybe the lcd could be useful for displaying a voicechatlist. like teamspeak overlay did, just not onscreen but on keyboard. everytime someone uses voicechat his name appears on the lcd and stays there till the next one speaks, causing the old name to scroll up one place.
this way you could check who said what, even when hell breaks loose.

i don´t need really important warnings or infos there because i will most likely not notice if it´s not on the screen

Those are good points, *shrug*.

Currently all it gets used for is my performance monitors and Teamspeak 3's plugin for it. Having an overlay built in to my keyboard is amazing.

Knocky
2012-03-02, 06:51 AM
Laugh OUT Loud.

IN his defense....he did start off by saying "IF it works....."

Gimpylung
2012-03-02, 06:54 AM
Yeah, G15 LCD is useful for system monitoring while you're are in game. The few games that do support it always display redundant information.

I use the LCDSirReal plugin mainly, tells me how much bandwidth I'm using in both directions, CPU and RAM usage.

Multimon (Eyefinity/NV Surround/TH2go) would be nice. It's not even that they necessarily have to 'Support' it, more so that the don't block its use by locking in a fixed set of resolutions, aspect ratios and a fixed FOV. Fixed FOV's annoy everybody.

Battlefield 3 supports it beautifully.

Planetside didn't have any dev support for superwide but it more or less still worked, HUD was a bit ropey. Heres a vid I capped when my PS Werner hey day was long over...

planetside flight eyefinity - YouTube

Oryon22
2012-03-02, 08:18 AM
Anybody give the W8 trial a try?

exoteror
2012-03-02, 08:33 AM
I have been using the developer version and seems quite nice but alot of features are missing right now. I woulden't use it as my primary OS untill release unless your asking for problems.

Seems quite nice and I will upgrade if I can get a good price for it.

Ailos
2012-03-02, 08:39 AM

I have and I wouldn't recommend it just yet. I actually like not having the start menu, unlike many others out there. I think the interface has potential, but in its current shape it is much more for tablets than for desktops and needs a lot of work before it can go to the store shelves. Performance wise, its not much different. And it won't be. Everything that runs on Win7 will run on Win8.

Crator
2012-03-02, 09:08 AM
Yup, I've installed the Windows 8 Workstation and Windows 8 server. Pretty nice. I love the new task manager! Don't see why the game wouldn't work on W8. There's still the desktop. It's just the Start menu that is different.

Xaine
2012-03-02, 09:23 AM
After a friend of mine got Vista and i listened to him spending the best part of every day raging about how fucking terrible it was - i try to wait about 6 months after the launch of a new windows product before i use it.

Ailos
2012-03-02, 09:36 AM
After a friend of mine got Vista and i listened to him spending the best part of every day raging about how fucking terrible it was - i try to wait about 6 months after the launch of a new windows product before i use it.

That's probably not a bad strategy. I knew what was coming in Windows 8 and was thinking I should hold off on installing it until at least June or July or something. But I have 4 workstations in various locations, and couldn't help myself and installed it on one of them.

Graywolves
2012-03-02, 12:22 PM
Since windows 7 works well, the prophecy states that Windows 8 will fail.

Infektion
2012-03-02, 01:02 PM

I re installed windows 8 but The consumer preview this time, it's really nice, I personally dig it. No start doesn't bother me, it's technically still there, just different lay out, anyways, I still use taskbar for main apps like CMD, hyperTerm, putty and whatnot. My absolutely favorite part of it is the native multiple wallpaper for multi monitor setups. I'm so shallow... but then again, [censored due to shallowness]

Ailos
2012-03-02, 01:30 PM
I re installed windows 8 but The consumer preview this time, it's really nice, I personally dig it. No start doesn't bother me, it's technically still there, just different lay out, anyways, I still use taskbar for main apps like CMD, hyperTerm, putty and whatnot. My absolutely favorite part of it is the native multiple wallpaper for multi monitor setups. I'm so shallow... but then again, [censored due to shallowness]

I like the multiple wallpapers for multiple monitors too. But MS Y U NO GIVE US MULTIPLE DESKTOPS?

Knocky
2012-03-02, 02:33 PM
MS Y U NO GIVE US MULTIPLE DESKTOPS?

Because they are sitting behind a beige 15 inch CRT.

AidanofVT
2012-09-12, 09:33 PM
I love windows 8 but I am not able to run PS2 on it. It downloads but when I click play it does nothing. Compatibility mode does not help.

Help would be appreciated!