PDA

View Full Version : Is this the basic TR ESAV?

Johari
2012-03-02, 06:09 PM
A while back we got a pic tweeted to us showing a TR with a NS rocket launcher.
http://www.planetside-universe.com/media/main/psnext/twitter/mhigby-t07.png
Now the caption we got said is that customized, obviously with camo, but not what else.

Now in the most recent PCGamer that some people scrambled for there is a picture of a TR soldier with another similar weapon.
-REDACTED-

I'm trying to get some community feedback into whether or not you think this is the same weapon and if it's the TR ESAV. Thoughts?

Edit: Hmm yes I did see that but I got a little confused cause these scans are available on the PSU media gallery and it was jus the picture and not the article. No matter. You'll have to look at the page yourself. Its the TR with the spike mohawk helmet on pg. 52

Raymac
2012-03-02, 06:15 PM
We were asked directly to not post scans from the PC Gamer article by the author himself. Please remove the pic. Thanks

EDIT: It might be ok to post it, but I like to err on the side of caution. I didn't mean to be the copyright police.

Alduron
2012-03-02, 06:16 PM
I haven't heard the term ESAV, so I googled it. I'm pretty sure it's not the TR's Ethnic Schools Association of Victoria.

The two pictures do not look like the same weapon to me. The bottom one has more of a VS vibe to me. Also, top appears to be above-shoulder, and bottom seems to be at-shoulder.

Whalenator
2012-03-02, 06:16 PM
I was thinking yes because of the sheer stabilizability within PS2.
But then I looked at the base chassis of the weapons.
Definitely a no-no. TR has plenty of chunky-looking infantry weapons.

Bottom is probably an unreleased combat shotgun, based on his basic stance.
Top looks like more of a one-shot dumbfiring rocket launcher, but in this case it's probably their "faction-specific" lockon.

Vancha
2012-03-02, 06:37 PM
That's common pool (It's blocky and it says "Nanite Systems" on the side). We've seen the TR ESAV too, though.

Johari
2012-03-02, 06:48 PM
That's common pool (It's blocky and it says "Nanite Systems" on the side). We've seen the TR ESAV too, though.

Where? I check this site pretty regularly so unless I'm just having a brainfart I cannot for the life of me remember what the new TR AV weapon looks like.

Canaris
2012-03-02, 07:01 PM
Well from what's been said they seem to being giving the TR's original lockon ESAV weapon to all three factions in varying degrees, I did a thread about how we should be compensated but I think the dev's are going in a different direction than the multi-MOAB smart missile launcher :(

We'll just have to wait and see what they have in store for us, I hope it's something good or I have a lot of dust to kick up! ;)

Knocky
2012-03-02, 07:03 PM
I will just leave this right here....

http://a.yfrog.com/img615/5131/gr1sow.jpg

Canaris
2012-03-02, 07:09 PM

doesn't that also say NS there on the side?
Just below the viewfinder/side scope

Knocky
2012-03-02, 07:13 PM
doesn't that also say NS there on the side?
Just below the viewfinder/side scope

If you are talking about that area with red in it, then no. All NS equipment that I have seen has been labeled NS with silver and gold lettering/detail.

Johari
2012-03-02, 07:38 PM

Ok that looks pretty darn close to the PCGamer pic that I had up. Barrel is a little different but the body of it seems rights. Guessing now that those are two different weapons. Thanks for the imput guys.

Graywolves
2012-03-02, 07:53 PM
If you are talking about that area with red in it, then no. All NS equipment that I have seen has been labeled NS with silver and gold lettering/detail.

Looks white to me.

Hamma
2012-03-02, 08:48 PM
You can re-add the image to your first post - it was just a cap of an image in the magazine nothing crazy.

Raymac
2012-03-05, 11:41 AM
You can re-add the image to your first post - it was just a cap of an image in the magazine nothing crazy.

And this is why I need to shut up and mind my own business and not try to do the Mods' jobs.

Sorry Johari.

Hamma
2012-03-05, 11:49 AM
naw it's fine - you did the right thing. I still don't want entire article scans posted :)