PDA

View Full Version : Planetside 2 Gun Combat=Killzone 2

Dreamcast
2012-03-06, 11:18 PM
Well I just saw the gun play of the game and I gotta say me gusta.

and I couldn't help but see the similarities between it and killzone 2 which I loved.

I just showed the video to my friend and he told me it looks like killzone 2 which I found weird since I thought at first I was wrong to think that.

Are we the one's or do you guys think the way the FPS gun combat looks is really similar to killzone?

I really like it...keep up the good work SOE.

Zulthus
2012-03-06, 11:19 PM
It looks like FPS gun combat. :confused:

Top Sgt
2012-03-06, 11:20 PM
Killzone inaccurate and slow controller aiming PS2 keyboard and mouse precise.. What looks similar likely won't feel similar imo

Dreamcast
2012-03-06, 11:22 PM
I don't know if you guys ever played killzone 2 but Im just saying the style of combat and pace of combat......

Is not a put down against planetside 2 at all since it seems like you guys are taking it that way.

Graywolves
2012-03-06, 11:33 PM
It is similar now that you mention it.

I always liked Killzone. Don't think it got the attention it deserved.

Traak
2012-03-06, 11:42 PM
I think strategic movement will play FAR more of a role when there are 1000 guys on the continent.

Support FTW!

Top Sgt
2012-03-07, 12:36 AM
I don't know if you guys ever played killzone 2 but Im just saying the style of combat and pace of combat......

Is not a put down against planetside 2 at all since it seems like you guys are taking it that way.

yes have played all 3 killzones.. didn't take it in a negative way at all.

just saying i doubt it will feel like KZ due to the K & M thing vs a controller.

Remember killzone purposely has that slower weighed down feeling in that game

VioletZero
2012-03-07, 12:45 AM
I was a fan of Killzone 2(**** Killzone 3) but this looks nothing like it other than the excellent gun sway animations.

cellinaire
2012-03-07, 01:56 AM
I was a fan of Killzone 2(**** Killzone 3) but this looks nothing like it other than the excellent gun sway animations.

=)

I fondly remember the days when some people claimed that Killzone was Gears of War killer. Had several blasts seeing the arguments between both sides.

Dreamcast
2012-03-07, 03:18 AM
I know the gun sway is what everybody remember of the game but the actual pace and the actual gun combat fights really have a killzone kind of feeling.

I mean is not fast pace as call of duty...it doesnt have the same movement as halo or even battlefield 3.

The style of it, is really like killzone.

Dreamcast
2012-03-08, 01:25 AM
TTK is diffidently killzone 2 status

Dreamcast
2012-05-20, 09:15 PM
Does anybody agree now after the new footage?

Patek
2012-05-20, 09:42 PM
loved killzone 2 :D

Sifer2
2012-05-20, 09:53 PM
You might as well say it just looks like your average bland modern FPS combat. Killzone, Call of Duty, Battlefield 3, Medal of Honor, Resistance 2, Homefront. All the same really.

At least the core concepts of the three big factions fighting over a planet with large scale battles is the same. If they had not kept that I wouldn't give a **** about this game the same way I don't play any of those.

Pyreal
2012-05-20, 10:09 PM
Never played Killzone so I can't say.

Ieyasu
2012-05-20, 10:17 PM
I never played Kill Zone 2, but I did play MAG and the video from gdc ttk reminded me alot of that game.

Furber
2012-05-20, 10:51 PM
hmmm gonna have to look up some youtube vids of this 'kill zone 2'. Glad to hear this comparison is a positive one, not your typical "it's not planetside1 so it's bad" comparison

Dreamcast
2012-05-21, 01:11 AM
You might as well say it just looks like your average bland modern FPS combat. Killzone, Call of Duty, Battlefield 3, Medal of Honor, Resistance 2, Homefront. All the same really.

At least the core concepts of the three big factions fighting over a planet with large scale battles is the same. If they had not kept that I wouldn't give a **** about this game the same way I don't play any of those.

Typical..........

LMAO COD and battlefield 3 are not close to Killzone 2 at all...You are just saying that because you hate new mainstream games.

Killzone TTK is similar to Planetside 2....and just the way the battles go with people standing when shooting, just reminds me so much of Kill zone.

I know sony made killzone so Im wondering if they have any of the the killzone guys on the Planetside crew.

hmmm gonna have to look up some youtube vids of this 'kill zone 2'. Glad to hear this comparison is a positive one, not your typical "it's not planetside1 so it's bad" comparison

You have to play the multiplayer...When you see how the pace of the game and how it looks when people are in combat, you will see is very similar.

MacXXcaM
2012-05-21, 02:00 AM
Never played KillZone, can't tell. But everybody on Youtube kept stating it's a BF3 clone, some are mentioning Halo or CoD.
I won't disagree in terms of infantry mechanics. Looks pretty mainstream now which might not be bad. PS1 played like a pretty normal shooter as well. It was the other stuff that made it extraordinary.

Dreamcast
2012-05-21, 02:30 AM
Never played KillZone, can't tell. But everybody on Youtube kept stating it's a BF3 clone, some are mentioning Halo or CoD.
I won't disagree in terms of infantry mechanics. Looks pretty mainstream now which might not be bad. PS1 played like a pretty normal shooter as well. It was the other stuff that made it extraordinary.

No way near halo..

Their is actual movement in halo when you shoot people and the TTK is longer than Planetside 2......Planetside 1 TTK and movement is more simlar to halo.

No close to COD or BF3 either IMO.

Planetside 1 gun gameplay was pretty lacking...I didn't like how slow the characters moved from side to side...seems slow to me.