PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody else suffering from burnout?

StumpyTheOzzie
2012-04-01, 07:07 PM
I was really looking forward to PS2, especially the Beta release because I like to think that I'm going to get in. But it's taking too long and I'm kind of getting over it now.

I still like the class screenshots every week but it's not really enough to keep me going.

Is everybody still super excited and drooling over their inbox to see if they get "that" email or are you all getting a bit bored?

NCLynx
2012-04-01, 07:09 PM
I don't drool over every scrap released anymore but I don't exactly play anything else either so as soon as PS2 DOES hit beta I'll be all over it.

Aurmanite
2012-04-01, 07:11 PM
Gotta relax and be patient. It's going to be another month or two at least.

Lots of cool stuff out there to keep your brain occupied.

StumpyTheOzzie
2012-04-01, 07:21 PM
I don't drool over every scrap released anymore but I don't exactly play anything else either so as soon as PS2 DOES hit beta I'll be all over it.

Interesting that you say this. I subscribed to an all-access pass from SOE so I can still play PS1 and Everquest (and other things) while still generating some station cash over the next few months so that when PS2 DOES get released I should be able to buy all the sidegrades, XP boosts and shiny things right from the start.

I think they might have started their marketing campaign too early is all.

Everything we know about PS2 has been analysed, min/maxed, computer models created, discussed and argued to death and the new information being dribbled out to us doesn't take long to be put under the microscope, studied and absorbed into our outfit models and combat scenarios.

Stormhall
2012-04-01, 07:25 PM
I occupy myself with lots of other things but I do like the usual update on PS2.

NCLynx
2012-04-01, 07:27 PM
Interesting that you say this. I subscribed to an all-access pass from SOE so I can still play PS1 and Everquest (and other things) while still generating some station cash over the next few months so that when PS2 DOES get released I should be able to buy all the sidegrades, XP boosts and shiny things right from the start.

I think they might have started their marketing campaign too early is all.

Everything we know about PS2 has been analysed, min/maxed, computer models created, discussed and argued to death and the new information being dribbled out to us doesn't take long to be put under the microscope, studied and absorbed into our outfit models and combat scenarios.

I hop on PS1 from time to time, other than that I don't find any other games very enjoyable atm. :/ Do you get station cash from being subscribed?

moosepoop
2012-04-01, 07:29 PM
my initial excitement has gone down but im still very interested in the progress of this games development.

StumpyTheOzzie
2012-04-01, 07:33 PM
@ NCLynx

I'm pretty sure that if you just subscribe monthly to any one game, that's all you get. PS is $13 for me, but the all-access pass is $20. The extra $7 or so for the all-access pass gets you about 650 units of station cash which seems to have an approximate value of $6.50.

So I'm spending 50 cents a month getting access to Everquest and anything else on their games list.

It's only because I play 2 soe games that I've taken this route. If it was only about PS, I'd probably have cancelled my subscription and just spent $50 on station cash when PS2 comes out.

SKYeXile
2012-04-01, 07:48 PM
Take this advice from somebody who essentially waits for a lot of games, dont get hungup on them pre release, dont play the shit out of beta, dont plan heaps of shit months in advance, its all a waste of time and will effect your overall longterm enjoyment for the game when its properly released and/or it could just lead you to major disappointment.

Its planetside so i have a hard time taking my own advice on that, but i stay occupied with other games, most of the time, its why you see me posting in patches of activity here....nothing to play, im here...but its been afew months since i was active here last time :)

Firefall beta tomorrow :D

StumpyTheOzzie
2012-04-01, 07:51 PM
Best advice I've had all week!

I suppose I'd better get back to work then...

bullet
2012-04-01, 07:52 PM
Seems like you want the game WAY too much. I'm excited, but I've got other stuff I need to focus on. PS2 is pretty much absent from my mind, but when I get on my computer first thing I check is PSU for any info, then I go on with my day.

Go outside and get an icecream cone or maybe chase some butterflies.

StumpyTheOzzie
2012-04-01, 08:11 PM
I've spent enough time chasing SKYeXile in-game. Don't wanna see anymore stinking butterflies unless I have a can of bug spray and a flyswat.

SKYeXile
2012-04-01, 08:17 PM
I've spent enough time chasing SKYeXile in-game. Don't wanna see anymore stinking butterflies unless I have a can of bug spray and a flyswat.

The butterfly is swift, elegant, beautiful and sometimes deadly.

Biohazard
2012-04-01, 08:22 PM
The initial Drool over every screen shot is less now than it was, but I will still shit my self silly if I get an email with "Planetside 2" and "Beta" in the title :lol:

Lonehunter
2012-04-01, 08:48 PM
The insta-drool for any media has certainly faded. The "information" they give with the weekly updates doesn't actually contain enough details for me, and the ones they do give are obvious to anyone who's played a FPS with classes.

But GDC did just happen, and PAX is around the corner. We can't expect major details every week :/

Brusi
2012-04-01, 08:52 PM
With many waitworthy MMOS and a lot of other Single player games, all you get is a press release 3 years before the game is actually released.

It's almost worse how much information they are giving us for this game... just enough to keep us glued, but not enough to satisfy.

I've already burned out and rebuilt my excitement quite a few times :D

p.s. @exile Add my firefall char: ign Brusilov. i'll be on pac timezones after work with the 247 beta servers :)

KALU
2012-04-01, 10:24 PM
I will wait for as long as it takes for PS2 Its been 8 years i can wait a few more months for beta............

I will be getting my FPS kick from BF3 until beta starts..

:)

Roradan
2012-04-01, 10:51 PM
NO but i'am burn out on my job and buying a new computer this month for ps2 i don't think about ps2 all day long. i work but to be able to come home and spend a hour or two on ps2 will be amazing. i'am super excited about it coming out but i can wait...............plus the more time they take developing the game the more we should enjoy it hope to see you all in beta and after and my the NC see victory in future day's

TerminatorUK
2012-04-02, 02:11 AM
Problem is that the GDC video footage has ruined us like a $1 whore and screenshots aren't now aren't 'man' enough to measure upto that.

At the beginning there was so little information coupled with the feeling of potential vaporware with Planetside 'Next' that the smallest thumbnail of an official screenshot had us reaching for the box of tissues.

Rather than a handful of screenshots per week, I'd rather see a 30-60 sec example video of the class/weapon/vehicle in action which gives us much more to talk about and speculate over on the forums.

Wanderer
2012-04-02, 03:20 AM
I am excited for PS2 but my expectation is tempered by the fact that it's probably a fair way off (and we have no info in that regard) and as an Aussie I probably won't be in beta. Not to mention that when it does come out there isn't likely to be a Oceanic Server making a twitch game pointless... but I live in hope.

Cosmical
2012-04-02, 04:22 AM
Dude, theyre still sending screen shots of MAX suits being modeled? We're nowhere near beta. Textureing, animating, play testing, balancing. Were not even there yet.

I dare say when they have working combat we might be allowed in just so they can start getting some real game data. But still... play Battlefield 3 and get better at your battle awareness, and combat assessments. God knows you we will all be raped from 360 degrees when we get on the planes on Auraxis.

StumpyTheOzzie
2012-04-02, 04:33 AM
ok, I thought I was the only one. Seems like it's a general trend that the buzz is dying off.

Cosmical
2012-04-02, 04:51 AM
ok, I thought I was the only one. Seems like it's a general trend that the buzz is dying off.

Gah!! I dont know if you guys are doing this as silly little reverse psychology because you think if the devs read it theyre going to go "UH OHS!! Better get it in Beta before they all lose interest!!". Lets face it, if you sign up for a forum like this, which i havent done for any other game in my 27 years. Then youre going to come running whenever the game is released or in beta! Because we all know how special Planetside is/was.

What will be more damaging? Releasing a game thats poorly made, so that you guys can all flame it to death before release, directly resulting in its death? Or waiting till its ready, and a few people not doing cartwheels over the thought of it for a few months?

Ofcourse you will lose interest, and fizzle out. Just like you cant watch a film over and over, or listen to an album over and over. Come back in a month and be re-energized.

The devs are in a Unique possition where they have to keep us PS1 goobers informed, without giving too much information away that they will lose their big information blowout splash for when the game finally comes up to release.

Just be grown ups and do something else with your time, or atleast realise that youre in a totally bizarre and privledged situation here were you get to shape the game you want to play with constructive critisism direct to the Dev's themselves.

Knocky
2012-04-02, 04:59 AM
Hell we are still playing Planetside.

Having plenty of fun playing.

Not even worried about whenever the Devs get around to starting PS2 beta.

They will get to it whenever.

Stormhall
2012-04-02, 05:37 AM
Dude, theyre still sending screen shots of MAX suits being modeled? We're nowhere near beta. Textureing, animating, play testing, balancing. Were not even there yet.

I dare say when they have working combat we might be allowed in just so they can start getting some real game data. But still... play Battlefield 3 and get better at your battle awareness, and combat assessments. God knows you we will all be raped from 360 degrees when we get on the planes on Auraxis.

I'd say ARMA 2 is a way better for battle awareness and combat assessments I also think it's a bit closer to Planetside on vehicular terms.

Hmr85
2012-04-02, 08:17 AM
Try to stay occupied doing other things while you wait. Skyexile was right on the money with his comments from earlier. I try to spend most of my time playing other games while I wait. I'll check in every now and then to post. Once you been around for awhile you'll start to notice that every other topic posted in GD is a repeat of a topic covered about 4 or 5 months ago.:lol:

Anyways, Just check your email daily otherwise carry on.

headcrab13
2012-04-02, 10:38 AM
Hard to be burned out on PS2 hype when you work 12 hours a day :\

I'm lucky if I even get a chance to check PSU, and new art and screenies at the end of a long day is a nice bonus.

Bittermen
2012-04-02, 11:33 AM
I find it funny that people complained about SOE's lack of marketing and now it's

"they started too soon!"

ThGlump
2012-04-02, 11:57 AM
I will still drool over any new screen or info about PS2. But im little burned out from reading everything on this forum. Now i read first page and skim rest of thread unless is interesting. Can you call it burned out? Maybe. But im still hungry for anything new regarding PS2.

Raymac
2012-04-02, 12:03 PM
I've been on this forum damn near everyday since Smed first posted that Vanguard pic over a year ago. I should be burning out right around the time when beta hits. :)

BNuts
2012-04-02, 12:37 PM
I just hope they dont release the Beta right when I move this summer.

ItsTheSheppy
2012-04-02, 12:37 PM
I was way more excited earlier, but the more they talk about the game, the more buckets of cold water get splashed over my hopes. Right now I'm just waiting for Beta, or launch, or whatever. It'll either be awesome and I'll be happy, or it won't and I'll be sad.

Dir
2012-04-02, 02:49 PM
I was really looking forward to PS2, especially the Beta release because I like to think that I'm going to get in. But it's taking too long and I'm kind of getting over it now.

I still like the class screenshots every week but it's not really enough to keep me going.

Is everybody still super excited and drooling over their inbox to see if they get "that" email or are you all getting a bit bored?

The anticipation of the event is quite often more enjoyable than the actual event but eventually that leads to speculation...positive speculation. That hype has killed game after game for me so I've learned to be very sceptical of sequels of both games and movies. The developers have killed many games that I was looking forward to...in recent memory is Supreme Commander...the only game I felt to be a true successor to Total Annihilation...never saw it coming...killed by consoles for the mentally retarded. Stronghold killed twice in a row just for fun....Homeworld 3 still hasn't happened. X-com? Nope...believe it when I see it...and it won't be Xcom of old. All had great marketing and regular updates but huge FAIL. The only hope I have left is Black Mesa but with these guys I know they are re-creating the same experience I had 12 years ago down to the finest detail, every box, corridor and light switch and adding more. They are more like historians and I find great comfort in this because it means I get to step into a time machine and visit the past...whenever it gets released...but there is zero worry or concern that it won't be exactly what I'm expecting.

Your best bet is to just re-subscribe and jump into the old game with all your video settings maxed out to keep your mind busy and forget about the new game. This could go on for years and my mind is too fragile to obsess over something that I may never end up liking at all. After-all it could very well be your last chance to experience Planetside of the past...once it's turned off it's off for good....until Planetside 3 maybe? At the very least Sony will be setting the bar quite high for the next big successor and that alone could change everything...maybe even kill consoles? I dream of a day when PS3 and Xbox get thrown on the shelf next to the Intellivision, Atari 2600 and Colecovision.

StumpyTheOzzie
2012-04-02, 05:05 PM
I've been on this forum damn near everyday since Smed first posted that Vanguard pic over a year ago. I should be burning out right around the time when beta hits. :)

Well, it seems that they timed their marketing campaign PERFECTLY for you! I guess I have some ADHD or something and get bored more easily than you...

StumpyTheOzzie
2012-04-02, 05:13 PM
The anticipation of the event is quite often more enjoyable than the actual event but eventually that leads to speculation...positive speculation. That hype has killed game after game for me so I've learned to be very sceptical of sequels of both games and movies. The developers have killed many games that I was looking forward to...in recent memory is Supreme Commander...the only game I felt to be a true successor to Total Annihilation...never saw it coming...killed by consoles for the mentally retarded.

OMG! YES!

Stronghold killed twice in a row just for fun....
YES!
Homeworld 3 still hasn't happened.
Tragic
X-com? Nope...believe it when I see it...and it won't be Xcom of old.
Nostalgia is a powerful thing

All had great marketing and regular updates but huge FAIL. The only hope I have left is Black Mesa but with these guys I know they are re-creating the same experience I had 12 years ago down to the finest detail, every box, corridor and light switch and adding more. They are more like historians and I find great comfort in this because it means I get to step into a time machine and visit the past...whenever it gets released...but there is zero worry or concern that it won't be exactly what I'm expecting.

I wish there were more companies that would do that and not fuck with something that's perfect. Just a polish of the graphics and leave everything else the same please!!!

Your best bet is to just re-subscribe and jump into the old game with all your video settings maxed out to keep your mind busy and forget about the new game. This could go on for years and my mind is too fragile to obsess over something that I may never end up liking at all. After-all it could very well be your last chance to experience Planetside of the past...once it's turned off it's off for good....until Planetside 3 maybe? At the very least Sony will be setting the bar quite high for the next big successor and that alone could change everything...maybe even kill consoles? I dream of a day when PS3 and Xbox get thrown on the shelf next to the Intellivision, Atari 2600 and Colecovision.

It's like we grew up during the golden age of gaming and are wearing our rose coloured glasses. I've never agreed more with a post ever before! You've completely captured everything I've been trying to say about games in general from the last decade.

My greatest #1 top thing on my wishlist is for someone to update Darklands. Keep it virtually identical to the 1992 edition but update the graphics and remove the exploits.

I might actually bust that out if I can find a 5.25" drive. Hope the disks still work! :lol:

Anyway, the consensus is to distract myself until beta.

Owalpo
2012-04-02, 06:18 PM
i just wish I could get myself to resub, but I am on the line. Don't know if it's really worth it or not.

Saintlycow
2012-04-02, 07:09 PM
kinda bored of waiting

Neurotoxin
2012-04-02, 11:55 PM
No burnout here, just excitement. I still have a ton of projects and stuff to complete, but all this downtime gives me more time to make VS propaganda while the team prepares for Closed Beta.

Brusi
2012-04-03, 01:17 AM
Anyway, the consensus is to distract myself until beta.

I KNOW JUST THE GAME!

http://www.ea.com/syndicate

Just kidding, looks like they raped the shit out of this franchise too...

Hamma
2012-04-03, 08:54 AM
Yea I was watching that one then I realized they were destroying it.

Knocky
2012-04-03, 10:13 AM
Yea I was watching that one then I realized they were destroying it.

Command and Conquer.....another EA destroyed franchise.

Hmr85
2012-04-03, 10:14 AM
Command and Conquer.....another EA destroyed franchise.

Yep :(, I use to play the crap out of some Red Alert and Tiberian sun back when Westwood was still making it. After EA took over that franchise just went right down the toilet. Its a shame too.

Knocky
2012-04-03, 10:23 AM
Didn't even buy C&C 4 even though we can get for $9 now at Amazon.

I am watching C&C: Generals 2 though, Bioware is making it.

CyclesMcHurtz
2012-04-03, 11:09 AM
Dude, they're still sending screen shots of MAX suits being modeled? We're nowhere near beta. Texturing, animating, play testing, balancing. We're not even there yet.

<begin personal note>
I want to clear up a misconception about general game development right here. All you need for a majority of power balance and game mechanics play testing is placeholder models and animations. There are exceptions to this rule, and serious character-interaction games (i.e. Action games like Street Fighter, DC Universe Online, Diablo) require a different flow of development than a level-based platformer or open-world games.

The most important part of the modelling and texturing is to have a single one done completely and optimized by the art and coding teams. The earlier you start making all of the variations, the more work you end up redoing when the coding or design team make changes for balance or optimization reasons.

This doesn't mean you save the modelling for the last weekend before release of course, but the idea that you can't test and balance before the animations and modelling are done in a game like this would be a little bit off the mark.
</end personal note>

General M
2012-04-03, 11:26 AM
I do think they started the hype train a little early. Are they doing all the facebook/info releases now as marketing for the main game or the beta? or do they think beta footage will be enough marketing for the next 6-9 months?

Raymac
2012-04-03, 11:26 AM
<begin personal note>
I want to clear up a misconception about general game development right here. All you need for a majority of power balance and game mechanics play testing is placeholder models and animations. There are exceptions to this rule, and serious character-interaction games (i.e. Action games like Street Fighter, DC Universe Online, Diablo) require a different flow of development than a level-based platformer or open-world games.

The most important part of the modelling and texturing is to have a single one done completely and optimized by the art and coding teams. The earlier you start making all of the variations, the more work you end up redoing when the coding or design team make changes for balance or optimization reasons.

This doesn't mean you save the modelling for the last weekend before release of course, but the idea that you can't test and balance before the animations and modelling are done in a game like this would be a little bit off the mark.
</end personal note>

So you're saying beta should start next week. I'm reading ya loud and clear.

HEY EVERYBODY, CYCLES CONFIRMS BETA IS STARTING NEXT WEEK! ;)

Hamma
2012-04-03, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the post CyclesMcHurtz! Good information :)

Owalpo
2012-04-03, 02:41 PM
By some information I seen in tweets and interviews, its gonna be soon. I think probably the LATEST would be early June. I am thinking maybe two weeks-month for early access. Earlier the beta the better the launch game for us.

SkitzoSniper
2012-04-03, 04:06 PM
Honestly, i am burned out at this point. When the first video announcement of Planetside2 and the trailer were first released, i was almost giddy with joy. Sense then though, its just been like a never ending wait period at the DMV. The screen caps everyweek and even the interviews aren't really enough right now. Am i still wanting to play this game badly? Hell yes. But the lack of a date to really look forward too is kinda what is keeping me from getting all excited again.

Clik
2012-04-03, 04:09 PM
I remember around the beginning of last year (or was it 2 years ago?) when Smedly said something like "beta will start in a couple months." Here we are just now seeing Alpha footage. You could say I'm a little burned out or at least depleted of hype energy.

SkitzoSniper
2012-04-03, 04:12 PM
I remember around the beginning of last year (or was it 2 years ago?) when Smedly said something like "beta will start in a couple months." Here we are just now seeing Alpha footage. You could say I'm a little burned out or at least depleted of hype energy.

Thats exactly what im saying. That is the reason i came back at the beginning of last year. Don't get me wrong, i had some awesome memories from the six months i was playing. Made alot of new friends and got my outfit going, but all of that hype just burned me.

StumpyTheOzzie
2012-04-03, 05:42 PM
oh wow! A GOD post in my thread!

The cynics amongst you have already said that this thread was created as some subtle poke at the devs to get the message across that we're sick of waiting... I think they knew that we'd be sick of waiting 24 hours after smed announced that PS2 was happening...

I'd much rather wait for the game to be "Blizzardised" and released when it's good and ready with as few post release patches as possible.

My main theme for this thread is that I AM excited that the best game I've ever played now has a sequel being made but they should have kept it a secret from me for about 6 months longer than they did.

Telling everyone that PS2 was being created so long ago just made me want it SOOOooo bad for so long and now I'm tired of the addiction and I want it to stop.

Red Beard
2012-04-03, 06:52 PM
So you're saying beta should start next week. I'm reading ya loud and clear.

HEY EVERYBODY, CYCLES CONFIRMS BETA IS STARTING NEXT WEEK! ;)

Lol...you beat me to it Raymac! party:

Zenben
2012-04-03, 09:11 PM
I honestly think our burn-out is primarily self-made. If this community wasn't here, begging the devs for more and more goodies, we wouldn't have any where near as much information as we do now. We should really be blaming ourselves, not the devs. They've just been giving us what we've been asking for for the past year or more.

Tapman
2012-04-03, 09:14 PM
For all of those who didn't pay attention or were not around at the time, Smed's initial statement about Beta starting in a few months was before the team had decided to turn it into a proper sequel instead of just converting Planetside into the new engine and making it f2p.

Yes, I'm feeling more burnt out lately. The sheer number of threads that get posted (many of them re-asking the same questions that have been debated and rehashed, sometimes already answered by the devs) is too much for me with my schedule. I check for VIP posts a couple times each night in between everything else but it's feeling lately like most of what can be answered prior to Beta has been, beyond which point nobody has any certainty as to what Planetside 2 will be like when it hits capacity. I am grateful for it but sometimes I wonder how much longer SOE can stretch the piecemeal marketing material before they can shift their focus to capturing and releasing footage.

As always, I appreciate the continued participation with the devs. :love:

StumpyTheOzzie
2012-04-03, 09:25 PM
I quite agree with the above two posts.

Glad it's not just me who's suffering. :lol:

Zulthus
2012-04-03, 09:31 PM
I became a regular on PSU when Smedley tweeted the Vanguard pic. Up until about a month ago I posted often, but yes, as of late I'm becoming less excited, especially with some of the details I'm hearing about the game. I sure as hell want to still play it, though. I just don't feel like staying hyped for a game that might take months, maybe a year to release. It's kind of tiring, but I try to occupy myself with other things lately. But there aren't really any good games anymore, so... I hope PS2 comes out sooner rather than later.

Carbanu
2012-04-03, 09:33 PM
I think a lot of us forget that Planetside 2 was originally called Planetside: Next. A new and improved Planetside. When they saw (and this was said by Smed and the fellas at Fan Faire when they announced Planetside 2) how awesome it was looking and the potential of the game they took it in another direction.

That is why we are in Alpha right now, brought in a lot of new people, for the most part started fresh, and began the video game revolution.

It has been what, almost three years since those "Planetside: next" "You will like" (Sept '09!) tweets by Smed? All the layoffs, Planetside: next gets a huge spike of people. They make the transition to planetside 2. Over a year since he tweeted the picture of the vannie. (Jan '11). This pot has been brewing and stirring for a while.

If the military has taught me anything, it is that patience and practice really does make perfect. What a difference flight ops on a carrier can be from day one in the AoR, to day one hundred plus.

Take your time, make your game, and fuck all the haters. Planetside for life!

TheDrone
2012-04-04, 12:55 AM
Take your time, make your game, and fuck all the haters. Planetside for life!

Absolutely.

The people who are now "burning out" (poor little things, I bet starving kids in Africa don't suffer as much!) are the kind of players who are so very manic/depressive and lack any attention span that they would be the first to quit an even slightly flawed game.

Zulthus
2012-04-04, 01:02 AM
Absolutely.

The people who are now "burning out" (poor little things, I bet starving kids in Africa don't suffer as much!) are the kind of players who are so very manic/depressive and lack any attention span that they would be the first to quit an even slightly flawed game.

I find your lack of intelligence entertaining and how wrong your post is amusing.

Furber
2012-04-04, 01:05 AM
Well guys, don't forget that they're going to be at PAX East, so hopefully we'll get something good out of that!

I feel like since they've released all that alpha footage, they may be more likely to give us some other videos *crosses fingers*

Sirisian
2012-04-04, 01:06 AM
That's the part that worried me about the Magrider design. The designers or art team locked in on their vision making it nearly impossible to change. I hope they take your wisdom as they design the other vehicles and weapons.

Regarding not getting burned out I normally skip threads that don't relate to gameplay. I'm glad I didn't skip this one.

Hermes
2012-04-04, 06:08 AM
Pretty busy atm - so not really burnt out here. :)

Brusi
2012-04-04, 07:11 AM
Regarding not getting burned out I normally skip threads that don't relate to gameplay. I'm glad I didn't skip this one.

Thats the problem! sometimes i'll let a thread go without reading cause it sounds like i'm not missing much from the subject, and then when i finally have a look... the thread is awesome!

Gotta read em all :(

KALU
2012-04-04, 07:43 AM
<begin personal note>

</end personal note>

Confirms IMO that we will all be in beta soon, with a light armor class to play - along with a few vehicles as they did in beta. :)

Kran De Loy
2012-04-04, 07:52 AM
Confirms IMO that we will all be in beta soon, with a light armor class to play - along with a few vehicles as they did in beta. :)

You say that as if Higby and one or two other guys didn't say the same thing in the GDC videos. "Next couple of months" in early March to me means before June. Even if it's not until mid june tho I'll still .. I can't put it into words...

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/140953_o.gif

Snipefrag
2012-04-04, 08:47 AM
The butterfly is swift, elegant, beautiful and sometimes deadly.

What fricken butterflies have you been seeing :eek: ?!

Owalpo
2012-04-04, 09:12 AM
You say that as if Higby and one or two other guys didn't say the same thing in the GDC videos. "Next couple of months" in early March to me means before June. Even if it's not until mid june tho I'll still .. I can't put it into words...

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/140953_o.gif

I actually think he said over the next couple of months in that interview, which could even be sooner.

SGTalon
2012-04-04, 09:31 AM
If this is really 9 months until release i am definitely going to be burnt out. I am sick of SWTOR. I don't see anything else that is going to stir my interest. Could be a crappy gaming summer if Beta is too limited.

Hamma
2012-04-04, 09:48 AM
For all of those who didn't pay attention or were not around at the time, Smed's initial statement about Beta starting in a few months was before the team had decided to turn it into a proper sequel instead of just converting Planetside into the new engine and making it f2p.

This is correct - it was also a bit more than a year ago.

Tatwi
2012-04-04, 09:57 AM
I was at this point last Oct/Nov, but I am pretty sure it was caused by the fun I was having flying in SWG, compounded by the anxiety over its impending closure. Heck, I was so crazy at the time I even resubbed to WoW for the annual pass... I barely even play WoW...

Anyhow, I am much more casually excited about PS2 these days. There's only so much time in the day and I barely have time to play EQ2/WoW as it is, so realistically even when I drop everything to play PS2 it's not like I'll be playing it 24/7 anyhow. So why let myself get all in a tizzy about it now? :)

Cosmical
2012-04-06, 02:32 PM
<begin personal note>

</end personal note>

Haha i do one flame and i get a big reply. What i meant really was that we arnt going to be play testers that are running around blank environments with stationary avatars without animation. People were acting like Beta was next week. I was trying to make them realise it isnt.

I did go on to say that my aproximate time frame was based on how far along you guys were going to get most assets looking before you decide to flex your beta muscles. Which could take as long or as little time as you guys see fit.

Thanks for the info tid bit though.

Graywolves
2012-04-06, 04:26 PM
I'm just waiting at this point.

Atheosim
2012-04-08, 05:07 AM
What I'm especially burned out on are the forums and waiting around for miniscule tidbits of information that are only a slight variation of previous iterations that could possibly imply a feature's existence that we might not have guess at or confirmed before. I just want to play the game already and get on with whether it's shitty or it's not.

Knocky
2012-04-08, 05:23 AM
i remember the years that i followed SWG's development.

This time span so far is nothing.

Especially since i log into PS and still have fun.

SKYeXile
2012-04-08, 08:27 AM
What fricken butterflies have you been seeing :eek: ?!

I am the deadly butterfly.