PDA

View Full Version : TXAA in PS2?

Really
2012-04-17, 03:05 PM
Just tweeted CyclesMcHurtz about this but thought I'd ask here instead as I don't know how active he is on twitter!

Any info on TXAA in PS2? It's looking awesome from the screenshots Nvidia has released (though they're almost definitely biased), would be great if it was included but I have no idea how much work it is :)

Goku
2012-04-17, 03:22 PM
No idea. This was just released with the 600 series. Will be a nice addition if added of course.

Really
2012-04-23, 02:51 PM
I tweeted CyclesMcHurtz this:
Any news on TXAA yet? :D also, will PS2 be able to take advantage of multiple cores? Trying to decide on an upgrade! Thanks :)

and got this in reply:
hmmm... acronyms and algorithms may come and go, but cores will only increase. vague enough? ;-)

Damn cryptic clues!

Rbstr
2012-04-23, 03:06 PM
Well, multicore is kind of an obvious thing to support at this point. I don't see why that'd really factor into the upgrade decision given that the go-to gaming CPU's are all quad-core.

Really
2012-04-23, 03:10 PM
Was considering 3930k since IB is a bit of a let down and there's rumours of 16 core next Xbox's, but I've changed my mind. On a decent motherboard and cooling 3770k's can hit 5GHz so I'll stick with it :)