PDA

View Full Version : Lancer > Bolt Driver ?

War Mongrel
2002-11-15, 10:30 AM
Picture a Vanu player with a range magnifier implant using a Lancer. Sounds to me to be more effective sniping with it than a bolt driver since it would take less time to reload with a Lancer.

Would like to hear comments on this.

Sadfre
2002-11-15, 10:34 AM
that may be true, but there are some other factors to look at as well. the Lancer may be a better rifle against heavier armored troops than the Bolt Driver, yes. But it does have one major draw back, it's a laser weapon. meaning that once you fire it, you give away your position. where as the person using the Bolt Driver can still remain unfound after a couple of shots.

Hamma
2002-11-15, 10:34 AM
Plus it may have a spread or somthing.

Unlikley yes, but to prevent people from sniping with it :D

Tobias
2002-11-15, 10:37 AM
Even if it is better im going to use the Bolt driver, its like in CS using the scout because you have l33t skillz, and letting the n00bz use their AWP, cause they dont have L33t skills, just a super powerful gun that almost always kills in one hit. My skillz are leet.

Zumthor
2002-11-15, 11:22 AM
:mad: I hate AWPers more than anything in my entire life!

�io
2002-11-15, 01:02 PM
As said the lancer is an anti-vehicle gun. It would be more or less like sniping with the NC or TR rocket launcher. :)

But yeah i guess it would be doable.

Lexington_Steele
2002-11-15, 10:50 PM
sort of like what hamma suggested,

The bolt driver might be closer to pixel perfect aiming than the lancer. Thus allowing the lancer to be a good anti-vehicle gun, but not sniperific.

Tobias
2002-11-15, 10:53 PM
Sniping with rockiets r things not made for sniping is fooking stupid, of course thats just my opinion, never mind that its right. Snipe with sniper rifles or assualt rifles =p

Qanamil_Rafiki
2002-11-15, 10:56 PM
If it seems like a viable thing to do then you're damned sure I'm going to shoot a rocket at a crowd of whatever (non-TR's) from a long distance away if able.

**nods**

�io
2002-11-16, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Lexington_Steele
sniperific.

Love that word. :D

Dragon
2002-11-16, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Sadfre
that may be true, but there are some other factors to look at as well. the Lancer may be a better rifle against heavier armored troops than the Bolt Driver, yes. But it does have one major draw back, it's a laser weapon. meaning that once you fire it, you give away your position. where as the person using the Bolt Driver can still remain unfound after a couple of shots.

I don't think that any weapons will be giving any anyone's position.

It's the bright skins that will be giving people away :D

NapalmEnima
2002-11-16, 12:13 PM
Given the huge muzzle-flares we've seen, I think it's entirely possible that firing will give away your position, no matter which empire's weapons you're firing.

Hamma
2002-11-16, 12:19 PM
In one of the E3 movies Dave stands there and fires a bunch of shots into the air and around him.. everything lights up around him ;)

Dragon
2002-11-16, 12:22 PM
Well yes..but it can't give away anyone's position if they can't hide because their bright purple/orange/yellow/whatever skin doesn't exactly blend in with the environment. Unless they have a stealth suit or whatnot, but even then, you will be able to spot their purple ass trying to hide in the green grass fairly easily, I think.

Tobias
2002-11-16, 12:28 PM
our suits arnt *bright* purple, and at night we will be unseen.

Flashingfish
2002-11-16, 02:15 PM
Maybe the zoom on the bolt driver is better than the implant.
Maybe you can carry more shots than the lancer.
Maybe it takes up less inventory space.
Maybe....

The point is, we don't really know anything for definite about this game until we actually play it.

jamikey
2002-11-16, 05:38 PM
Yeah no shit flash...you musta been a detective in a former life. A true master at stating the obviouse

�io
2002-11-16, 06:41 PM
Ouch

jamikey
2002-11-16, 07:28 PM
No offence flash.

Tobias
2002-11-16, 11:11 PM
I do believe only Rocketfodder knows more then Flashingfish about the game, from what i have seen, and it is possiable he was stating those facts for people who dont know as much, you know to help, and maybe you should not flame him for it... you know maybe...

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/edoom/flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Hamma
2002-11-16, 11:22 PM
Unless you have something constructive to post. Dont bother posting. Blatent flames will not be tolerated

Tobias
2002-11-16, 11:28 PM
on a note as the bolt driver is a single round and the lancer has a power cell i think the lancer will be able to carry more ammo, could be wron though.

�io
2002-11-16, 11:31 PM
The bolt driver is a single round not clip. Think of it has the good old sniper rifles in WW2 with the long reload hammer thingy.

Tobias
2002-11-16, 11:36 PM
they still used the good 1903 springfield back then, up to Vietnam for some snipers actually, and yes it was a single roung weapon, but now they have alot of sniper rifles with magazines.

�io
2002-11-16, 11:40 PM
Yeah but what i'm saying is the Bolt driver is like those old rifles.

Shot, reload, shot, reload,etc.

Flashingfish
2002-11-17, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Tobias
I do believe only Rocketfodder knows more then Flashingfish about the game, from what i have seen, and it is possiable he was stating those facts for people who dont know as much, you know to help, and maybe you should not flame him for it... you know maybe...

Wow! Thanks man! Nice to know I'm appreciated around here :love:

Jamikey: No comment.

Anyway, I think the bolt driver has a very low rate of fire. Think BF1942. If you are a good and stealthy sniper; you can avoid being seen, so this dosen't matter. But if you are found, and 2 or 3 enemies run up to you with assault rifles, you don't really stand a chance.