PDA

View Full Version : Damage Displayed, how do you see it happening?

MrVicchio
2002-11-15, 02:46 PM
Just curious what you want/think it will be :)

NapalmEnima
2002-11-15, 03:12 PM
As I recall, the advanced targeting implant allows you to see enemy names and health and such.

Could be wrong.

MrVicchio
2002-11-15, 03:17 PM
Thats one thing, but on average, how is the guy with out the implant gonna knwo anything?

xuur
2002-11-15, 03:21 PM
I'm sorta hoping its not the EQ style chat bombardment of damage points. if it is, I'm really hoping theres a way to shut it off.

not everyone is going to have voice available as an option and will have to rely on text to receive and send messages. if thats being overloaded with '10 damage to xuur' '10 damage to xuurs target' then its gonna be awfully hard to actually communicate.

mi dos centavos

Hamma
2002-11-15, 04:03 PM
Well one of the PS movies has damage scrolling on the chat screen "you hit vangard tank for 20 damage" as for advanced targting, I hope it shows a meter on enemies/vehicles :D

�io
2002-11-15, 04:04 PM
Voted others because it depends if you have implant or not.

If you have implant my guess is a small health bar with the name over the enemy's head.

If you don't have the implant, simple you don't see squat, just shoot till he dies.

sYn pHrEAk
2002-11-15, 04:38 PM
No No NO!! You're not supposed to know your enemies health. Nor how much damage you do to them. Just like a normal first person shooter. You know you hurt them enough when they fall over.

Maybe with the advanced targetting implant you can see the total damage they've taken when you target them... but not "You did 10 damage to a snake!" EQ/DAoc/OtherRPG bullshit ever...

�io
2002-11-15, 09:18 PM
Well i don't think anybody thought that would be the case. I would hope not, makes little sense in a FPS.

Like i said with implant you'll see a health bar overhead, otherwise natta. That's the traditional method anyway.

Tobias
2002-11-15, 10:34 PM
And how does a snake kick you?! i always wondered that, or how a unarmed, unarmored Kobold has higher ac and attack and does more damage then a level XX warrior with the best what ever and the best whatever armor?

Nubi
2002-11-17, 03:49 AM
just shoot them til they fall over dead

why do you need to know there health?

Hamma
2002-11-17, 12:48 PM
:lol:

Good call :p

Flashingfish
2002-11-17, 01:59 PM
You know they're dead why your fish sixth sense tells you! Oh sorry I only I have it... :D

In some games, you see blood as a confirmation of death. But I don't think there will be any blood in PS.

So you'll just have to seem the fall over, or see it in your chat box.

I wonder if you can fake death :)

Hamma
2002-11-17, 05:01 PM
:lol:

Faking death would be fun hehe

Nubi
2002-11-17, 08:02 PM
reminds me of TFC as the spy

I got it down so I could feign death and throw ammo down at same time so it looks as I died, just no death confirmation on the side saying who killed me, fooled a lot of peeps that way heh