PDA

View Full Version : tr sniper rifle

Ainte
2012-06-19, 02:13 AM
Hi, are there any screens or footages of terran republic sniper rifle coz i cant find any so far, just want to know what it is looks like...

kunzadar
2012-06-19, 03:24 AM
It's got a long barrel with a scope and a trigger. Also it is red and black, but sometimes tan or green.

Synapse
2012-06-19, 03:37 AM
It can be seen several times if you watch the E3 stream footage.

Sabot
2012-06-19, 03:50 AM
NC sniper rifle:

http://dobitz.se/img/zilvermike/as1rtror/4.JPG

Canaris
2012-06-19, 03:54 AM
what kind of animals use a chair as a sniper rifle... oh right the NC you said :lol:

Zekeen
2012-06-19, 03:57 AM
NC sniper rifle:

Says the faction with a Y-Box 360 Logo for their infiltrator. We're getting the classic Bolt-Driver for maximum long range killing action. It's a shame about your energy fizzle down range, you guys just won't keep up with us.

kunzadar
2012-06-19, 04:18 AM
Have fun shooting the ground all day. Lasers > gravity!

Vanath
2012-06-19, 06:23 AM
Bullet drop just takes some skill to compensate for. No amount of skill will make your shots stop losing strength.

Rexdezi
2012-06-19, 06:58 AM
Bullet drop just takes some skill to compensate for. No amount of skill will make your shots stop losing strength.

QFT

Craftyatom
2012-06-19, 08:07 AM
Ooh, another excuse for me to go watch the E3 footage again! It's been like 3 days, I miss it already. :(

It's got a long barrel with a scope and a trigger. Also it is red and black, but sometimes tan or green.

Lol quite perceptive my good sir.

what kind of animals use a chair as a sniper rifle... oh right the NC you said :lol:

I laughed.

Exmortius
2012-06-19, 08:31 AM
nc can have their old tech bolt driver. i'm sure TR will get a nice shiny new and improved sniper rifle at launch :P cause TR rule.

Biohazard
2012-06-19, 08:36 AM
Found it!

http://www.planetside-universe.com/media/album/ddu5pvtd3g/20120117_4f1529a801e44.jpg

MrKWalmsley
2012-06-19, 08:40 AM
nc can have their old tech bolt driver. i'm sure TR will get a nice shiny new and improved sniper rifle at launch :P cause TR rule.

Are you joking? You call a bolt driver (a gauss weapon) old tech when you're still using weapons with ejection systems, cartridges and non-holographic scopes? Seems like you need a lesson in magnetic acceleration my friend!

Exmortius
2012-06-19, 08:42 AM
Found it!

http://www.planetside-universe.com/media/album/ddu5pvtd3g/20120117_4f1529a801e44.jpg

now that looks awesome. time to rock!

rip bolt driver :D

PlaceboCyanide
2012-06-19, 08:50 AM
rip bolt driver :D

:rofl::rofl:

You go over there, I'll go over here and we'll see who R.I.P. :p

Exmortius
2012-06-19, 09:04 AM
:rofl::rofl:

You go over there, I'll go over here and we'll see who R.I.P. :p

it's on home skillet :P see you across the battlefield :evil:

MrKWalmsley
2012-06-19, 09:14 AM
Nice to know your lack of reply to me shows a silent concession of who in this universe are the ones who REALLY have the old tech. Although I would love an attempt at a rebuttal! :D

Exmortius
2012-06-19, 09:29 AM
Nice to know your lack of reply to me shows a silent concession of who in this universe are the ones who REALLY have the old tech. Although I would love an attempt at a rebuttal! :D

lol. they gonna have to rename your outfit to the 665th when i'm done with your squad :D

MrKWalmsley
2012-06-19, 09:45 AM
lol. they gonna have to rename your outfit to the 665th when i'm done with your squad :D

Ah, still no rebuttal. Gives me a warm feeling inside to know that I was right!

TheDrone
2012-06-19, 09:56 AM
TR don't need tech to compensate for inadequacy and will more than make up for "archaic" gear by using... you know... SKILL.

Canaris
2012-06-19, 10:06 AM
Seems like you need a lesson in magnetic acceleration my friend!

always with the magnets :rolleyes:
I'll take 100% reliability of our guns over hoping that some NC converted monkey wrench won't blow up in my face.

Exmortius
2012-06-19, 10:19 AM
Ah, still no rebuttal. Gives me a warm feeling inside to know that I was right!

rebuttal? apparently you need a brain implant. my rebuttal will be displayed on auraxis formally.

MrKWalmsley
2012-06-19, 10:27 AM
rebuttal? apparently you need a brain implant. my rebuttal will be displayed on auraxis formally.

So you are going to prove that your weapons with cartridges, ejection systems and non-holographic scopes which are the same type as used today are more high tech than electrically powered railgun tech which always uses holographic scopes besides iron-sights, by shooting me?

That would prove that your guns can kill, it won't prove that your guns are more high tech than mine. So this is not something that can be decided by fighting! SO get typing an actual rebuttal! Oh and better tell TheDrone how wrong he is about the fact that he basically agrees that TR are the ones with old tech! Yeehaaaw!

Exmortius
2012-06-19, 10:29 AM
So you are going to prove that your weapons with cartridges, ejection systems and non-holographic scopes which are the same type as used today are more high tech than electrically powered railgun tech which always uses holographic scopes besides iron-sights, by shooting me?

That would prove that your guns can kill, it won't prove that your guns are more high tech than mine. So this is not something that can be decided by fighting! SO get typing an actual rebuttal! Oh and better tell TheDrone how wrong he is about the fact that he basically agrees that TR are the ones with old tech! Yeehaaaw!

just bring it >:D
beta starts soon smurfy rawr!

MrKWalmsley
2012-06-19, 10:36 AM
just bring it >:D
beta starts soon smurfy rawr!

Thanks for agreeing with me then, TR is old tech central. As I assume that is agreement since I have already shown you how no amount of killing can show you which gun is more high tech than the other. I accept your silent concession! And I'll see you in beta, not to prove who has the more high tech (because I already have done!) but to show you how your little quick-skittering pea shooters stack up to the raw, tempered, penetrative power of my bolt!

Johari
2012-06-19, 10:42 AM
Found it!

Hate to burst your bubble but thats not the TR Sniper. Its a repaint of a Nerf gun by Stephen Kick. His blog has pictures of it. http://pripyatbeast.com/blog/?p=198

Just watch some of TB's E3 cast and you'll catch a glimpse of the sniper if you have the time.

Ratstomper
2012-06-19, 10:59 AM
All these TR and VS pretending to be snipers. Cute.

Sniping is all about putting powerful shots down range accurately. That's what NC is all about. Call it farmer tech if you want, it's farmer tech that's goin' to put down ALOT of purple and red.

Exmortius
2012-06-19, 11:04 AM
you smurfs are funny. don't worry the TR will deliver your new iron brain implants soon enough. good luck hitting us with all those outdated scrap bolt drivers.

MrKWalmsley
2012-06-19, 11:08 AM
you smurfs are funny. don't worry the TR will deliver your new iron brain implants soon enough. good luck hitting us with all those outdated scrap bolt drivers.

Way hey! Back again with the "outdated" claim, we are not the ones with a weapon system dating back to the 1900s! Electromagnetism FTW! And really? You're using iron? Can't even afford steel or aluminium? You really are outdated aren't you? Taste tungsten biatch!

Exmortius
2012-06-19, 11:14 AM
Way hey! Back again with the "outdated" claim, we are not the ones with a weapon system dating back to the 1900s! Electromagnetism FTW! And really? You're using iron? Can't even afford steel or aluminium? You really are outdated aren't you? Taste tungsten biatch!

pfft we'll save the more expensive rounds for the vanu :D

Canaris
2012-06-19, 11:17 AM
pfft we'll save the more expensive rounds for the vanu :D

your order of depleted uranium sabot sniper rounds is ready sir, happy hunting ;)
don't worry the TR buy in bulk plenty to go around enough for both VS & NC targets

Zekeen
2012-06-19, 11:20 AM

That has gotta be the greatest trash talk I have heard in all my Planetside days.

I salute you sir! Now...... if you would just... take one steeeep to the left... a little more... a little more... now one more to the right... smile for the camera :evil:

Ratstomper
2012-06-19, 11:21 AM
your order of depleted uranium sabot sniper rounds is ready sir, happy hunting ;)
don't worry the TR buy in bulk plenty to go around enough for both VS & NC targets

That must be why TR snipers spend 10 rounds to hit a target.

Canaris
2012-06-19, 11:23 AM
That must be why TR snipers spend 10 rounds to hit a target.

nah the first shot was to kill you, the other nine rounds were incase you missed the point

Ratstomper
2012-06-19, 11:24 AM
nah the first shot was to kill you, the other nine rounds were incase you missed the point

Too bad all 10 missed.

Spray 'n' prayers. :rolleyes:

Exmortius
2012-06-19, 11:28 AM
That has gotta be the greatest trash talk I have heard in all my Planetside days.

I salute you sir! Now...... if you would just... take one steeeep to the left... a little more... a little more... now one more to the right... smile for the camera :evil:

right on sir. g/l to you on the battlefield i shall spare your virtual toon til the end since you seem to be somewhat cool :D

MrKWalmsley
2012-06-19, 11:34 AM
nah the first shot was to kill you

That's not very TR of you, all quantity and no quality.

By the time TR become technologically advanced enough to change their ammunition us NC would already have quantum ammunition.

Canaris
2012-06-19, 11:44 AM
That's not very TR of you, all quantity and no quality.

By the time TR become technologically advanced enough to change their ammunition us NC would already have quantum ammunition.

You missed your lot in life trying out for NC snipers you'd have made a way better NC comedian and slay us with puns, NC tech better than the TR, it's a hoot :rofl:

TheDrone
2012-06-19, 11:46 AM
Quantity has a quality all of its own.

MrKWalmsley
2012-06-19, 11:49 AM
You missed your lot in life trying out for NC snipers you'd have made a way better NC comedian and slay us with puns, NC tech better than the TR, it's a hoot :rofl:

Yeah because weapons with ejection systems, cartridges and non-holographic scopes is better tech than case-less, gauss weaponry (gauss is far more efficient!) with holographic sights and scopes. You're the comedian! Although you should stick to TR rule of thumb and try to make a barrage of crappy jokes rather than just one. :D

Canaris
2012-06-19, 12:05 PM
Yeah because weapons with ejection systems, cartridges and non-holographic scopes is better tech than case-less, gauss weaponry

yes, yes they are :D

Hobitt
2012-06-19, 12:09 PM
Every arguement will be settled on the battlefield and then we will see who is superior !

MrKWalmsley
2012-06-19, 12:18 PM
Some arguments can't be! That's just brutish TR, thinking you can prove you are right with a bullet, or several hundred.

And come out to play Barnie's! Don't let the big boys have all the fun!

Hobitt
2012-06-19, 12:22 PM
Some people think they can outsmart us *sniff* *sniff* maybe maybe but we haven't met one who can outsmart BULLETS! :D

Ratstomper
2012-06-19, 12:23 PM
Some arguments can't be! That's just brutish TR, thinking you can prove you are right with a bullet, or several hundred.

And come out to play Barnie's! Don't let the big boys have all the fun!

Don't encourage them. They're just going to come in with their alien-tech-save-the-human-race mumbo jumbo...

Some people think they can outsmart us *sniff* *sniff* maybe maybe but we haven't met one who can outsmart BULLETS! :D

http://braincandycomics.typepad.com/.a/6a0133ed2ccaac970b013485825023970c-800wi

We'll see about that....

MrKWalmsley
2012-06-19, 12:24 PM

I'm pretty sure superior armour can outsmart a bullet, especially when each bullet is as pathetic as TR ammunition!

But no body armour can outsmart a round from a bolt driver! With sleek, accurate and pure penetrative power!

Hobitt
2012-06-19, 12:28 PM
I will play infiltrator but wont use a sniper so see ya all behind enemy lines stabbin and hackin your stuff :D

MrKWalmsley
2012-06-19, 12:44 PM
I will play infiltrator but wont use a sniper so see ya all behind enemy lines stabbin and hackin your stuff :D

Hack all you want, while you're standing still trying to bypass turret security you'll give me plenty of time to line up a bolt shot! And yes, being NC, I only need the one.

Wahooo
2012-06-19, 12:48 PM
So trash talk aside, will the TR sniper rifle actually be a POS like the HSR? Or will we have a proper sniper rifle, you know accuracy and power.

If the only sniper rifle choice is just a slightly longer range suckler that is going to push me a lot closer to going VS.

Ratstomper
2012-06-19, 12:50 PM
So trash talk aside, will the TR sniper rifle actually be a POS like the HSR? Or will we have a proper sniper rifle, you know accuracy and power.

If the only sniper rifle choice is just a slightly longer range suckler that is going to push me a lot closer to going VS.

I can't imagine they'd design it to be an ineffective rifle. Besides that, I think you can change aspects of it to give it more power, at the cost of firing speed, etc.

MrKWalmsley
2012-06-19, 12:58 PM

From what I saw from the E3 stream, both TR and VS rifles seem to be similar to an M14, however the VS sniper causes more damage and obviously has a slower ROF. And of course, as has been said customization to your game-style is available, but that is only within limits so the faction ideals are not escaped or infringed upon.

Not meaning to be pushing for my own faction, but if you want to be a one-shot-kill sniper NC would be best. Although of course NC is not perfect at everything, but it is certainly more suitable to that kind of sniper play style than the others. The sniper weapon mechanics is the main point which I base my faction choice on after all.

Canaris
2012-06-19, 01:00 PM
Not meaning to be pushing for my own faction, but if you want to be a one-shot-kill sniper NC would be best. Although of course NC is not perfect at everything, but it is certainly more suitable to that kind of sniper play style than the others. The sniper weapon mechanics is the main point which I base my faction choice on after all.

Sidegrades ;)

Wahooo
2012-06-19, 01:05 PM
Playing NC is not an option... in fact I just threw-up a little in my mouth at the thought.

I'll just have to wait and see how they feel... and maybe make some rage threads on Beta boards if they suck.

Ratstomper
2012-06-19, 01:07 PM
Playing NC is not an option... in fact I just threw-up a little in my mouth at the thought.

I'm relieved. For a while it seemed like every other person was NC and I was afraid I wouldn't have targets...

Turdicus
2012-06-19, 01:15 PM
Forgive me I can't see where it was said but I'm 90% sure the bolt driver is a common pool weapon. Every faction gets the bolt driver. There are FS sniper rifles as well, and they are all different, but everyone gets the precious one shot one kill bolt driver.

I mean I could be wrong but I swear I remember seeing this somewhere.

Mechzz
2012-06-19, 01:17 PM
Forgive me I can't see where it was said but I'm 90% sure the bolt driver is a common pool weapon. Every faction gets the bolt driver. There are FS sniper rifles as well, and they are all different, but everyone gets the precious one shot one kill bolt driver.

This hasn't been mentioned for a long time, but I'm pretty sure the Bolt Driver has been stated as moving to NC-specific in PS2?

Can't find a source though.

MrKWalmsley
2012-06-19, 01:27 PM
Sidegrades ;)

It has been stated that sidegrades will not overlap with other factions weaponry ideals, as I stated. So no amount of sidegrades will give a TR sniper rifle the same damage as a fully sidegraded-for-power NC sniper rifle. Just as no amount of sidegrades can make an NC rifle fire as fast as a fully sidegraded-for-speed TR rifle.

http://www.planetside2.com/news/feb072012weaponsboltdriver

If it was cross empire, I'm pretty sure they would have mentioned in this section. Also the design of the weapon is distinctly NC, from the magazine to the side grills. I think it is fair to say at this point that it is an NC weapon.

Exmortius
2012-06-19, 01:29 PM
bolt driver is now nc specific. there will probably be a tr specific sniper rifle but it seems like there is a wide choice of weaponry overall after watching them go through beta. it'll be interesting to see what each faction gets though.

Canaris
2012-06-19, 02:14 PM
It has been stated that sidegrades will not overlap with other factions weaponry ideals, as I stated. So no amount of sidegrades will give a TR sniper rifle the same damage as a fully sidegraded-for-power NC sniper rifle. Just as no amount of sidegrades can make an NC rifle fire as fast as a fully sidegraded-for-speed TR rifle.

no but it has been stated that you can sidegrade your weapon to be very close

MrKWalmsley
2012-06-19, 02:24 PM
no but it has been stated that you can sidegrade your weapon to be very close

Did you just say "no" and then go on to say something which does not contradict my point what so ever? In fact going so far as to agree with it?

Turdicus
2012-06-19, 02:53 PM
AH I WAS WROOOONG. Alright I'm slightly jealous of the NC getting the bolt driver, but I'm sure I'll grow to love whatever the TR gets as well.

MrKWalmsley
2012-06-19, 03:12 PM
AH I WAS WROOOONG. Alright I'm slightly jealous of the NC getting the bolt driver, but I'm sure I'll grow to love whatever the TR gets as well.

Do you like M14 style marksman rifles?