PDA

View Full Version : Where will our unused common pool names go?

GreatMazinkaise
2012-06-19, 02:49 PM
There do not seem to be any infantry common pool weapons at the moment, so I'm presuming that the CP weapon names will get reassigned to empire-specific weaponry. I'm guessing that most will make it into the game at some point for fan service purposes. Some names will probably end up CP because they've been replaced (Sparrow, non-VS BFR names)

Any thoughts on where the following will end up?

Basilisk - Chaingun for the Flash maybe?
Wasp - probably AA missiles for one of the aircraft
Phantasm
Wraith - cloaking generator for the Flash
Flail
Switchblade
Maelstrom
Spiker
Dragon
Punisher
Suppressor
Decimator
AMP
Router
Harasser
Rocklet
Thumper
Lodestar - mobile vehicle spawn if that ever shows up, I'm sure
ANT/AMS - maybe they'll find some use for the names, but not counting on it
BANK/REK

Any thoughts on where these'll get used if at all? Personally I'm hoping that at least one TR SMG is called the Suppressor.

Zekeen
2012-06-19, 02:57 PM
Actually, they did name the Flash weapons after the old ATV names.

GreatMazinkaise
2012-06-19, 03:01 PM
Actually, they did name the Flash weapons after the old ATV names.

Well I know they used the Fury... did the Basilisk get used for the infantry farming weapon?

Roidster
2012-06-19, 03:01 PM
the one thing im going to miss is the AMS,i used to go out as a cloaker,and find pinch points for vechs and lay mine fields,not going to be easy to do that anymore

TazmamzaT
2012-06-19, 03:15 PM
This game is still in alpha at the moment and they said that they were going to continually add content so there is no reason why they wouldn't add a lot of these later.

willaguy
2012-06-19, 03:42 PM
The Galaxy replaces the Lodestar.

GreatMazinkaise
2012-06-19, 03:48 PM
The Galaxy replaces the Lodestar.

The Sunderer somewhat replaces the Lodestar, with the Galaxy replacing the AMS. Either way, that's not the point of this thread.

What will these names get used for instead? A fair number of them will not be making a return as a remake of the original (especially the Flail, I hope).

SixShooter
2012-06-19, 03:58 PM
I would imaging that several of the names on this list will eventually end up in game as a varient, side grade or new weapon/vehicle.

Vexus
2012-06-19, 04:21 PM
On one of the TotalBiscuit feeds I thought I saw the name Wraith used as a specific type of Infiltrator cloaking device sidegrade. No idea how it is different, but think I saw it in one of the cert tree options for the Infiltrator. Hope that helps.