PDA

View Full Version : News: Transitioning from PS 1 to PS 2 [Final Event & Video]

Pages : [1] 2

Nobel
2012-06-20, 11:30 AM
For over 9 years many of us have now played Planetside 1. As we prepare in the coming weeks for the servers to be essentially dead; We wish to provide her a decent farewell ceremony, as well as an exciting build up to the start of Closed Beta for Planetside 2.

As Such Azure Twilight has been preparing a very special video and event for this occasion. All of the footage has been taken in the past two months, and was designed to be watched in 1080p, Fullscreen:

HART B, WEST SIDE : Our Farewell to Planetside - YouTube

Here is another video made by Aewep (AWP on the Forums)

Planetside Day - July 1st, 2012 - YouTube

As you can see July 1st has been declared Planetside Day. Here we hope for every outfit that has every played planetside to return to Planetside for at least one day.

SOE has promised to support us in this endeavour; although we do not yet know in what way, we trust that they will want as many people as possible to experience this.

At one point in the day (EST Primetime) we will have a farewell parade, the exact location/time will be announced on July 1st.

As of Now (More will Join) the Following Outfits have will be in attendance of Planetside Day. (Post OR PM me to have your outfit added to this list.)

VS
Azure Twilight
Cobalt
DARK
Dawn of War
DeathBringer
Delta Triad
Druckwelle
Future Crew
Ghosts of the Revolution
Hayabusa
Immortal Sovereigns
Juggernauts
Knights of Sovereignty
Long Forgotten Soldiers
Myriad Apocalypse Project
Purple Valour
Resurgence
RisK
Sentinels
Sons of Vanu
The Forty Deuce
Toxin Raiders
Unbound Arise
Vanu Corporation
Vanu Rangers
Vindicators
Xen of Onslaught
Warrior Nation

NC
5th Regiment
666th Devil Dogs
Blue Lions
Crimson Phalanx
Darkfire Company
Fight Club
Horsemen of Apocalypse
Love My Scat...
Mad Cappers
New Dawn
Praetorian Guard
Renegades
Shadow Company
Strumgrenadier
SuperTroopers
TEST OUTFIT PLEASE IGNORE
TOG
The Fighting 27th
War Machine

TR
=C22=-K
AA Alliance
Archangels
Blood Legion
BRTD
Black Widow Company
Cybernetic Punks
D2A
Dangerous Operations Group
DARK SKYES
Disciples of the Apocalypse
Dutch Rebellion
Fallen Nation
Fun Overload
KDL
MoX
Obsidian Empire
Outcasters
The Peacekeepers
Ruffnex
Shadow Assassins
Sons of the Fallen Nation
TRG
Unleashed
Virtual HitMen
Wolfpack

Download Planetside 1 : http://launch.soe.com/installer/Planetside_setup.exe

Some users of 64 Bit Windows 7 have the bug where their memory buffer won't dump its cache when recalling to sanct and end up crashing the game on a recall. If you experience this, simply re-install DirectX 9 which has DX8 calls (Service Pack 1 removed some hardware support for DX9 and less games), as well as C++ 2008 and 2010 for 64 Bit Edition. Restart your system, launch the game once (via Run-As-Admin if needed), reset the texture mapping to 256MB and save (in Options of game), and exit the game. Check Tesco Offers (https://www.offerstw.com/tesco/) and Lidl Offers (https://www.offerstw.com/lidl/). When you restart the game, the game's texture dump should now not crash the DirectX memory dump call, and you should be able to recall to sanctuary safely.

Join the Facebook Event : http://www.facebook.com/events/308011722627035/

EVENT LIST HERE : http://www.planetside-universe.com/showthread.php?p=757327#post757327

If you have any more questions just post here, or send me a PM.

Thank you all, and see you July 1st.

The Kush
2012-06-20, 11:33 AM
I might activate my account just to be there. She will be missed :( I can't believe I first picked up that box 8 years ago. What a beautiful game.

AvacadoEight
2012-06-20, 11:35 AM
I'd be there with the NC if I could be. NC! Wheeeew!

NewSith
2012-06-20, 11:37 AM
I'll be there if the soe gives me access just for one day...

The Degenatron
2012-06-20, 11:39 AM
I'll be there.

Zenben
I might activate my account just to be there. She will be missed :( I can't believe I first picked up that box 8 years ago. What a beautiful game.

With the community interaction they have shown as of late, I would be surprised if they didn't make this day free, allowing all veterans to come back without having to activate.

Nobel
Please by the way, make sure you post your outfit if you will be there, wed like to know both of those things!

GhettoPrince
2012-06-20, 11:41 AM
If SOE opens up planetside , I'll show up. I haven't logged in since 2009 and I don't think im gonna drop 15 bucks to play a 10 year old game for one day.

Snipefrag
2012-06-20, 11:44 AM
Archangels (TR) will be there, well at least the ones who have an active sub.. Hopefully SOE open things up for the last couple of months of the game so everyone can get in.

Nobel
2012-06-20, 11:45 AM
Thanks Snipefrag, Added!

neonlazer
2012-06-20, 11:45 AM
I will be there later in the day. I am hoping the main events will be later at night. Lol

Nobel
2012-06-20, 11:48 AM
If SOE opens up planetside , I'll show up. I haven't logged in since 2009 and I don't think im gonna drop 15 bucks to play a 10 year old game for one day.

[This Message is Purely my opinion and doesn't rest on the laurels of any inside knowledge]

I have a decent feeling that with the tweet Smedley put out they will make PS1 Accessible, they have a great community team now, and I would say personally it is fairly likely they will open it up in some way.

Luieburger
2012-06-20, 11:48 AM
Yea I'd play for a day if it was free. I saw that Planetside was free to a certain point for a while, but hackers ruined the game so they cut that off. Shame that the hackers ruined it for the rest of us fine folks.

Nobel
2012-06-20, 11:50 AM

Also, If you havent played since 2009, you have 45 Free Days waiting for you! Make sure you log in, last summer with the hacking debacle they gave everyone 45 free days.

basti
2012-06-20, 11:51 AM
Gosh Nobel, you make it hard for me right now.

One one hand, this is not PS2 related, and belongs to the PS1 section.
On the other hand, i want to make sure people know about the Event, and log on for the entire weekend!

To move or not to move, that is the question.

Guess i sleep a week or Two about it. ;)

Nobel
2012-06-20, 11:52 AM
In the Video there is PS2 Footage. Therefore... obviously PS2 Related.

Timey
2012-06-20, 11:52 AM
I wish BMC was there. If it isn't, I'll just roll with whatever other TR outfit there is.

NewSith
2012-06-20, 11:54 AM
I wonder who'll be the guy with a carrot and the last words: "That's all, folks!"

Nobel
2012-06-20, 11:54 AM
I wish BMC was there. If it isn't, I'll just roll with whatever other TR outfit there is.

So get on your outfit forums, post this event and the video! It takes people just doing something to get things like this done! What are you still doing here... go to your forums... DO IT NOW!!!!

Xyntech
2012-06-20, 11:56 AM
It's the ramp up to PS2. Clearly it's half PS1 related and half PS2 related ;)

Timey
2012-06-20, 11:56 AM
All these PS1 outfits should merge into the mother of all outfits in PS2.

Not gonna happen for obvious reasons

The Kush
2012-06-20, 12:02 PM
I removed PS1 off my HD how long does the download and install with updates take these days? I got my 45 free days I haven't logged in since 2009.

vampyro
2012-06-20, 12:02 PM
WOW! Im going to miss PS1! Easily in my best all-time top 3! Really should of left the outfit name out of the video imo.

Nobel
2012-06-20, 12:06 PM
I removed PS1 off my HD how long does the download and install with updates take these days? I got my 45 free days I haven't logged in since 2009.

http://launch.soe.com/installer/Planetside_setup.exe

Nobel
2012-06-20, 12:07 PM
WOW! Im going to miss PS1! Easily in my best all-time top 3! Really should of left the outfit name out of the video imo.

Eh, it was a lot of work to get it done; its the same as a "credit" in my opinion.

The Kush
2012-06-20, 12:11 PM
Thank you Nobel

basti
2012-06-20, 12:12 PM
Just finished Watching the Vid.

Damnit, stop making me cry. :/

Timey
2012-06-20, 12:45 PM

It took about an hour with 8/1mb interwebs. Way less than I expected it to..

NCLynx
2012-06-20, 12:54 PM
I'll be away during the time this takes place and I get back 2 days later :/ depressing.

Make it a good one, I suggest everyone get as much footage as they can. Incredibly well done video Nobel.

Lorgarn
2012-06-20, 12:58 PM
I'll be there if the soe gives me access just for one day...

This.

Or the limited option to pay a smaller price for only a couple of days of subscription. As much as I love PS, that time for me personally has passed and I prefer to keep my memories of a game as pristine as they are and not spoil them too much.

ketarakh
2012-06-20, 01:02 PM
Just can't stop crying...

Nobel
2012-06-20, 01:05 PM
Just can't stop crying...

You know what, Thank you for that, Seriously, Ive been working on this video for months now and it feels really nice to know that the video and the game has that kind of impact on people.

As selfish as it is, as the event is really important to me, I also really appreciate hearing what people think of the video.

Sabot
2012-06-20, 01:07 PM
Purple fog in the distance... you will be dearly missed. From the bottom of me heart, I hope we will see each other again some day.

I'll be there as well, if we get that one day free.

You know what, Thank you for that, Seriously, Ive been working on this video for months now and it feels really nice to know that the video and the game has that kind of impact on people.

As selfish as it is, as the event is really important to me, I also really appreciate hearing what people think of the video.

Really was an awesome vid, mate. Spot on.. and I'm sure it really did hit everyone that ever played the game and had as much fun with it as most poeple here had, how much of an impact it really made on us.

Rago
2012-06-20, 01:13 PM
U cant watch this Video from Germany because the Music is from WARNER not Werner :P

HAIL TO THE PROXY SERVER !!! Im gonna watch it.

SixShooter
2012-06-20, 01:22 PM
Well done on the video - damnit, I got something in my eyes.......

A parade sounds like an OS extravaganza:eek:but I'll show up anyway, It sounds like a lot of fun:D Now it's time to get that dust out of my eyes:cry:

Kilratha
2012-06-20, 01:28 PM
Free only, but then I would be there. They could make it so that only vets could join free. It would help prevent any newbies just getting on for free to ruin the experience.

Zenben
2012-06-20, 01:31 PM
https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/214151686032334848

This REALLY makes me think PS1 will be F2P very, very soon.

IHateMMOs
2012-06-20, 01:32 PM
I'm not a veteran all the way from beta, but I can imagine how it must feel remembering the commotion over the PS1 beta, and how it feeling of commotion now, just on a larger scale than before.

TheBladeRoden
2012-06-20, 01:34 PM
I will be there later in the day. I am hoping the main events will be later at night. Lol

This. Why og why did you have to pick the day I'm on a 7 hour road trip from Wisconsin?

I'm not a veteran all the way from beta, but I can imagine how it must feel remembering the commotion over the PS1 beta, and how it feeling of commotion now, just on a larger scale than before.

It’s surreal.

Nobel
2012-06-20, 01:40 PM
Free only, but then I would be there. They could make it so that only vets could join free. It would help prevent any newbies just getting on for free to ruin the experience.

I promise you this, even if you resubbed and played today, on a random wednesday; you would absolutely get your 15 dollars worth of gameplay. PS1 is really quite strong right now, were having tons of fun in game; if you dont have anyone to run with, all three empires have outfits still constantly recruiting.

Trust me, join back up... you wont regret it.

Nobel
2012-06-20, 01:41 PM
This. Why og why did you have to pick the day I'm on a 7 hour road trip from Wisconsin?

Yes, our Main events (such as the parade) will happen later in the evening EST.

neonlazer
2012-06-20, 01:51 PM
This may go as well as the funeral, which was classic.

Will we carry brewco to his death? :huh:

kdenver
2012-06-20, 01:52 PM
There will all ways be a part of me wanting to return to PS1.Good times were had . Lets hope that PS2 lives up to it's predecessor.

Farewell old Friend

Nemesis
Outcasters
Werner

PhoenixDog
2012-06-20, 01:52 PM
You obviously have us on the list, but Xen of Onslaught intends to be there in some capacity. We will ensure that the Vanu Sovereignty leaves Planetside 1 as the final victors.

neonlazer
2012-06-20, 01:55 PM
You obviously have us on the list, but Xen of Onslaught intends to be there in some capacity. We will ensure that the Vanu Sovereignty leaves Planetside 1 as the final victors.

Sorry, but in PS1..in the end..everyone wins :rolleyes::lol: (or loses cause we will all be sad)

Nobel
2012-06-20, 01:56 PM
This may go as well as the funeral, which was classic.

We will start the Parade in a Warpgate, so we can at least get a few minutes of peace, then well see how long we can go before someone kills us all.

Nobel
2012-06-20, 01:57 PM
There will all ways be a part of me wanting to return to PS1.Good times were had . Lets hope that PS2 lives up to it's predecessor.

Farewell old Friend

Nemesis
Outcasters
Werner

I hope that the Outcasters decide to come back for this event, I remember you fondly from my Werner days.

neonlazer
2012-06-20, 01:57 PM
We will start the Parade in a Warpgate, so we can at least get a few minutes of peace, then well see how long we can go before someone kills us all.

I would guess about .00000001 seconds from when we exit the warpgate.

Nobel
2012-06-20, 01:58 PM
I would guess about .00000001 seconds from when we exit the warpgate.

Im hoping we can get the Parade on Oshur Prime, so we can decrease the amount of random griefers.

PhoenixDog
2012-06-20, 02:07 PM
Sorry, but in PS1..in the end..everyone wins :rolleyes::lol: (or loses cause we will all be sad)

Heh, that's true. I mentioned on my outfit forums that most of my best gaming memories are from this game. This will be both a great day, and an incredibly sad one.

Sardus
2012-06-20, 02:09 PM
Great idea! looking forward to PS day.

TRG will be attending in number. A lot of our old players are subbing for one month for this - I think they realize this will be their last chance.

Bags
2012-06-20, 02:10 PM
I'll show up if it's free for a day. Not dropping $15 to sony for a dead game.

PhoenixDog
2012-06-20, 02:10 PM

Blasphemy!

Nobel
2012-06-20, 02:11 PM

The truth is this game isnt dead!

Weve had poplocks in the past two weeks, people are playing a lot these days; I assure you, log in... youll be surprised.

FortySe7en
2012-06-20, 02:18 PM
Look at all those VS outfits! Represent boys :)

Zekeen
2012-06-20, 02:18 PM
If they do give us a day, I'll be there for sure, flying my Galaxy as always.

Nobel
2012-06-20, 02:19 PM
Were still adding more outfits to the list, VS knew about this first, thats why so many are listed.

Remember if your outfit is playing the game/is going to attend, TELL US; we want people to know the outfits representing them.

Sardus
2012-06-20, 02:25 PM
I think this deserves a news post Mr. Hamma!

Amichai
2012-06-20, 02:26 PM
For those who are on the fence let me put it this way: AT has been running 4+ Squads on Weekdays (40+ people). Just imagine how crazy its going to be on July 1st, your not going to want to miss it.

NCLynx
2012-06-20, 02:29 PM
I think this deserves a news post Mr. Hamma!

This. And also keep updating the OP for exact times please! :D

Nobel
2012-06-20, 02:32 PM
This. And also keep updating the OP for exact times please! :D

We wont be having "Exact Times" for the day as there will be multiple events running throughout the day. PlanetsideTV is running something, The Parade will occur at another time, but we want everyone to participate no matter what your timezone. We will post the exact times of the Events we run throughout the day on this page though.

Johari
2012-06-20, 02:35 PM
I have this video on a loop now so I can listen and be reminded of all the good times. Great work on this Nobel, really.

Nobel
2012-06-20, 02:39 PM
If you can run it as an all day event on Twitch. That would be noble.

AT Plans on it, Well have a Special Stream channel made just for the parade event to, where we can listen to some important speakers (Were trying to get some big PS community leaders and Perhaps a Dev)

I have this video on a loop now so I can listen and be reminded of all the good times. Great work on this Nobel, really.

Thanks so much.

GreatMazinkaise
2012-06-20, 02:40 PM

The game died in 2006, but I'm still tempted...

Mechzz
2012-06-20, 02:42 PM
It took about an hour with 8/1mb interwebs. Way less than I expected it to..

Damn! I installed off disk on December 29 2003 (a year earlier than I remembered!) and was all excited to play. But the first thing it did was start downloading patches. On my 250k/50k "broadband" it took all night to download!

basti
2012-06-20, 02:49 PM
The game died in 2006, but I'm still tempted...

The game never died. It had its Great time, then good times, then sad times, and then good times again.
We always knew those good times will come every now and then, and we enjoyed them.

But this time is different. This time is the last time we have a chance to see the great times again, even if its just for a day. This time its the last time we will have those good days again.
This time, its the last time for Planetside to shine, for us to shine. On July 1st, we say farwell to the Game that got us all together. We say goodbye the way its ment to say goodbye to Planetside: With massive combat everywhere.

If you dont want to drop 15 bucks for it, thats your choice. But keep in mind that this opportunity will not come again, and this is the very last chance for everyone of us to see those big battles again in Planetside, and have our memorys refreshed once more.

Zulthus
2012-06-20, 02:50 PM
Manly tear hath been shed.
http://i54.tinypic.com/bi9eyq.gif

Nobel
2012-06-20, 02:54 PM
If you dont want to drop 15 bucks for it, thats your choice. But keep in mind that this opportunity will not come again, and this is the very last chance for everyone of us to see those big battles again in Planetside, and have our memorys refreshed once more.

This. A Thousand Times This. Planetside DESERVES this kind of Sendoff, She has given us so much, the least we can do is give her this.

Nobel
2012-06-20, 02:55 PM
Has SOE made an official announcement that Planetside is going to be shutdown July 1? Did I miss something?

There is Strong evidence to point that Beta will begin shortly after July 1st, at which point no one will want to play PS1 any longer. We want to give her a dignified farewell.

Nobel
2012-06-20, 02:58 PM
You are joking right? Everyone currently in PS right now is getting into beta Day 1? Is there something more official than your theorizing? RadarX?

Yes, People can play, yet the majority of outfits (who make up the majority organizing in PS1) wont be focusing on PS1, as most of the higher up officers will more than likely be getting into PS2; at that point, there is no motivation. This is the best time to get the best farewell possible.

Hermes
2012-06-20, 03:06 PM
Tears on my keyboard :(

Great video, and a great idea.

MacXXcaM
2012-06-20, 03:29 PM
July 1st. I be there

Nobel
2012-06-20, 03:30 PM
July 1st. I be there

Whats your outfit?

MacXXcaM
2012-06-20, 03:36 PM
None. Does it matter?

SixShooter
2012-06-20, 03:37 PM
The more I watch the video (thanks again for that) the more exited I get for this. The last couple weeks in PS1 have been a lot of fun with the bigger pops since E3. This is going to be a fun event

Will any of the outfits be letting other people squad up with them? I just don't have the heart to leave my outfit to join another at this point even though I've been the only active member in the last 70 - 80 days.:(

Nobel
2012-06-20, 03:38 PM
Not at all, just was going to write it down; BTW, plenty of NC outfits are recruiting in Game. I know blue lions especially, I'm sure they will be doing something epic that day.

Nobel
2012-06-20, 03:45 PM
The more I watch the video (thanks again for that) the more exited I get for this. The last couple weeks in PS1 have been a lot of fun with the bigger pops since E3. This is going to be a fun event

Will any of the outfits be letting other people squad up with them? I just don't have the heart to leave my outfit to join another at this point even though I've been the only active member in the last 70 - 80 days.:(

I cant speak for other outfits but if you want to run with AT we have no problems with that, provided you log onto teamspeak with us, sign up on our forums at www.azuretwilight.org ; well get you situated without having to leave your current outfit.

SixShooter
2012-06-20, 03:53 PM
I cant speak for other outfits but if you want to run with AT we have no problems with that, provided you log onto teamspeak with us, sign up on our forums at www.azuretwilight.org ; well get you situated without having to leave your current outfit.

Cool, I'll do that. AT was my first outfit before Reborn Light:)

Ratstomper
2012-06-20, 03:59 PM
So many men slain fighting and risen to fight again for their ideologies. Such a amazing and beautiful and sorrowful thing.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/can-i-be-your-lawyer-of-course-you-can-240x180.jpg

*clap*

*clapclapclap*

Although, seriously, you AT guys did a fantastic job with the video. Reminded me of all the good times in PS1 and how I'm a little sad to see it go. The part at the end where you get on the PS1 HART and suddenly you're in the PS2 drop pod...genius.

I really hope I won't be busy on July 1st. I REALLY hope I won't be.

Hmr85
2012-06-20, 04:02 PM
Great video I really enjoyed it and the memories it brought back. Man it got misty in here. :cry:

Nobel
2012-06-20, 04:05 PM
Great video I really enjoyed it and the memories it brought back. Man it got misty in here. :cry:

Thanks! Hopefully we will see you and Outfit X July 1st!

Francko
2012-06-20, 04:58 PM
When I saw the early cuts of Nobel's video I thought "this is achingly beautiful". I'm glad to see that others share that sentiment for his fine work.

Our goal for Planetside Day is simply to celebrate this amazing game with a massive all-empire raid. My goal is to have two poplocks. And a parade that displays brotherhood without hate.

I think that even this event alone is worth $15. (Been to the movies lately? This will be better.) That being said -a free day/month would be a nice gesture.

Either way, we look forward to playing with you all.

Planetside forever.

SpamInSpace
2012-06-20, 05:02 PM
/bow

Simply superb vid sir. Sublimely subtle.
Good enough to break my 9 year PSU lurking virginity.

Question is, who the hell do I turn up to the parade with? I am now wearing purple Rexo (but with Red/Black underpants).

Hope the beta is a while off as I still have no idea where my faction loyalties lie.

/crawlsbackunderrock

Gonefshn
2012-06-20, 05:25 PM
I'll be there with my boys in GOTR!!! :D:D

Nobel
2012-06-20, 05:44 PM
/bow

Simply superb vid sir. Sublimely subtle.
Good enough to break my 9 year PSU lurking virginity.

Question is, who the hell do I turn up to the parade with? I am now wearing purple Rexo (but with Red/Black underpants).

Hope the beta is a while off as I still have no idea where my faction loyalties lie.

/crawlsbackunderrock

You're more than welcome to join us in Azure Twilight. www.azuretwilight.org

Or just join us in game, were running at least a squad or two most time in the day, and 4-5 every night.

inigma
2012-06-20, 05:49 PM
Beautful vid. Farewell PS1.

alienmoose
2012-06-20, 05:52 PM
You suck.

apologize for this please

Francko
2012-06-20, 06:00 PM
I am beginning to see this thread should perhaps be in the outfit recruitment section?

I think what you are seeing is an outfit that steps up the support the Planetside community and makes a place for everyone to feel welcome.

Zulthus
2012-06-20, 06:14 PM
No thanks to you.

Stop thanking our posts damnit!

Meatball Mobeus
2012-06-20, 06:15 PM
Great job!

As I said in my videos, I'll try my best to be there for the event on the 1st!

SniperSteve
2012-06-20, 06:49 PM
Black Widow Company (TR) will be there.

Sotonian
2012-06-20, 06:52 PM
Saw this on the twitch.tv channel yesterday, awesome stuff

Ajaks
2012-06-20, 07:07 PM
Wow. Just Wow. Thank you for the effort you put into the video. It brought back 8 years of great memories.

Come 1 July, I'll be driving my Vanguard, slugging it out in the bottom of the pile.

Hippie
2012-06-20, 07:11 PM
Damn nice vid man. Its been a while since I played PS1, but I'll be there for July 1st. Some of the fondest memories I have playing with my friends are from PS1, will definitely be there to say goodbye.

ChillerDuu
2012-06-20, 07:35 PM
*Sigh* Makes me wish I actually played the first one. My older brother might be able to make it though. I know he played it.

Hamma
2012-06-20, 07:42 PM
I hope to be there in some form or fashion. :D

Tapman
2012-06-20, 07:43 PM
Can we have a few different times scheduled? I work weekends but I definitely want to be part of this, it's also possible that you could see enough numbers to pop lock the continent with the meeting spot.

Nobel
2012-06-20, 07:47 PM
For the Farewell Parade we will probably only have one time.

However the events will be running all day, at different time zones as well.

FPClark
2012-06-20, 08:25 PM
My purple mossie will be buzzin around

Brusi
2012-06-20, 08:25 PM
Planetside is still rocking at the moment, btw guys...

All of you who are not sure if it's worth subbing. There is always at least one decent size battle (two if you are on the empire in the middle) even in the middle of the night.

Stop being tight bitches and sub renew your sub! NOW!

Nobel
2012-06-20, 11:25 PM
Planetside is still rocking at the moment, btw guys...

All of you who are not sure if it's worth subbing. There is always at least one decent size battle (two if you are on the empire in the middle) even in the middle of the night.

Stop being tight bitches and sub renew your sub! NOW!

Completely Agree, PS1 is GREAT right now!

Bunker
2012-06-20, 11:32 PM
Fantastic video! D2A will try to be in attendance if the sub is waived for the day, though we do have a few active subscribers at the moment.

Notser
2012-06-20, 11:49 PM
I shall be there with my TRG brothers! :D

Evilmp
2012-06-20, 11:50 PM
This video forced me to sub.

If anyone else is thinking about coming back, it's so very worth it. Had a blast knowing I could sit there and guard a hallway without worrying about someone sneaking up from behind! You just don't get this kind of unspoken teamwork in any other game.

Also, wild west events! Gal drops! Tank battles! Infantry!

I only saw 3 BFRs in the 4ish hours I played!

Bags
2012-06-20, 11:55 PM
Okay, maybe I'll be there in my one person outfit.

Nobel
2012-06-21, 12:08 AM
Really Glad to hear it Bags!

Rago
2012-06-21, 12:15 AM
I really liked the Video, it´s nice to see so much dedication :)

Harvuster
2012-06-21, 12:56 AM
Oh you silly Vannu. Your gonna have a hard time of doing anything July 1st. Strumgrenadier will be there, guiding the NC to victory like a well oiled, freedom fighting machine. ;) give us some good footage for our twitch channel.

Mechzz
2012-06-21, 12:58 AM
Oh you silly Vannu. Your gonna have a hard time of doing anything July 1st. Strumgrenadier will be there, guiding the NC to victory like a well oiled, freedom fighting machine. ;) give us some good footage for our twitch channel.

"Sturmgrenadier" is such a .......TR....... name, isn't it?

I just got my original character from 2003 unlocked. Thanks SOE! So with the free 45 days I shall do my best to be on Auraxis at some point on July 1st.

Oh, and I just watched the video. Sooooo emotional!

Props to the maker.

Ertwin
2012-06-21, 01:26 AM
I never had a chance to play the original Planetside, yet that video still brought a tear to my eye.

Nobel
2012-06-21, 01:57 AM

You're added! Good to know we will have more Blue Blood to spill.

DirtyBird
2012-06-21, 02:10 AM
Great video.
I'd love to fly the AE flag but its going to have to be f2p day and I might be able to get a few others involved.

In any case, good luck with it!

Daffan
2012-06-21, 02:12 AM
Bringing in both toons at once!

Bags
2012-06-21, 03:44 AM
Really Glad to hear it Bags!

I resubbed and I already hate the game again. It runs like shit on the lowest settings and everyone remaining plays like shit. Suicides, nothing but plasma, vehicle door camping, team killing as a tank for kills.

:doh:

Was hoping for my $15 worth resub, but lolno. Oh well, I'll be there on the 1st.

Oh, my friend will be there, so you can add outfit "Fun Overload" to TR list if you want.

Ironside
2012-06-21, 03:51 AM
fkin love that vid, brings back great memories, makes me wish they'd make ps1+ for the bittervets

Nosik
2012-06-21, 04:39 AM
i'll and my friends, from outfit "Dawn of War", to be there.

Nasher
2012-06-21, 05:59 AM
lol I totally forgot about the meteor showers, I hope they bring them back in PS2 :P

So far we didn't see any enviromental hazards in PS2 :(

Dart
2012-06-21, 06:24 AM
Has anyone contacted Higby to see if we could arrange a free 24 hours during this event for all old accounts. It'd be amazing to seder all the old players turn or for one last party.

Zenben
2012-06-21, 07:58 AM
Has anyone contacted Higby to see if we could arrange a free 24 hours during this event for all old accounts. It'd be amazing to seder all the old players turn or for one last party.

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/214151686032334848

Reposting this so more will see. Pretty sure this means PS1 will be F2P very soon, probably in time for July 1st.

Kytten
2012-06-21, 08:12 AM
Need to have a spam of #clearcomms on Twitch for this Nobel... Just saying ;)

This isn't something AT have done for themselves. This is something 13 VS outfits agreed to try. Using social media and the wonderful resources at PSU we (the PS community) have spread the word. The TR and NC will stomp through our lines and each others and so the war continues... :groovy:

When was the last time something like this happened that THE COMMUNITY organised? With the continued help of the community we can make it massive.

If SoE could be so kind as to throw Veteran PS1 players a bone we could make it huge. I think we can all agree PS2 "feels" close and the fate of PS1 with the possibility of a mass exodus to greener pastures is left unknown. So why not take a day, have some fun and show our love, respect and fond memories of one of the greatest MMOFPS games ever?

Stop the hating and lets just kill each other :p

Regards Kytten x
Azure Twilight Officer

Zaerath
2012-06-21, 08:52 AM
I have re-subbed for Planetside Day on July 1st. Damn you all.

Mod
2012-06-21, 08:57 AM
I shall be there proudly waving the blue and yellow flag!

And technically, as I am currently the only active member of Mad Cappers outfit, I shall be waving that flag too :D

CardiffGreens
2012-06-21, 09:12 AM
I'll be resubbing, unfortunately my old outfit's webpage (where I have basically been scrapping every piece of news from here, twitter and fb and blasting it there for the benefit of the 4 people that still log on there from time to time) has taken a nosedive at precisely the wrong time - so I probably won't be spreading the word there =(

Would be amusing to see all the Werner VS go and turn Americh,,,, back to purple one last time though =)

Gimpylung
2012-06-21, 10:02 AM
I'll be there to represent Long Forgotten Soldiers, hopefully a few more will join me.

Nobel
2012-06-21, 10:05 AM
I'll be there to represent Long Forgotten Soldiers, hopefully a few more will join me.

What empire?
NC if I remember properly?

Nobel
2012-06-21, 10:07 AM
i'll and my friends, from outfit "Dawn of War", to be there.

What empire? TR right?

Gimpylung
2012-06-21, 10:20 AM
What empire?
NC if I remember properly?
Long Forgotten Soldiers were originally a Werner VS outfit. We have a very tenuous link to Forgotten Soldiers of Emerald NC way back in the very early days.

We were one of the largest VS outfits on Werner for a very long time. Many of us stopped playing with the decline of Werner and only a few continued to play on Gemini, with the likes of myself and a few others showing up from time to time. I think Nerak and Emetic are still playing daily however.

But the core of LFS are still in contact, and will be dusting of Pulsars, calibrating Heavy Rail Beams and holding the line once again.

Kytten
2012-06-21, 10:22 AM
Yes Nerak still plays. Quite regularily infact. :)

Maniaboo
2012-06-21, 11:04 AM
I'm sure cobalt will be up for this. But if the devs screw it up with a Rabbit Event then I sure we will log off in disgust.

basti
2012-06-21, 11:08 AM
Ah, nobel, before i forget: add Vanu Corporation to the list. And i wont come alone. ;)

UnknownDT
2012-06-21, 11:15 AM
If this goes Free to Play... You might be seeing 45 DT strong show up. Oh yeah.

Mirror
2012-06-21, 11:22 AM
If this goes Free to Play... You might be seeing 4.5 DT strong show up. Oh yeah.

Fixed :groovy:

Envenom
2012-06-21, 12:00 PM
haha epic HART walk at the end. Enya makes everything awesome. Great vid!

ketarakh
2012-06-21, 12:21 PM
Enya makes everything awesome. Great vid!
It's Lisa Gerrard actually
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ev0s_QbTyOs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Qwan
2012-06-21, 12:30 PM
Love the vid man, brings back some good memories, I started having flash backs. Real bad case of PTPS (Post Traumatic Planetside Syndrome). Ill talk to the boys at M.A.P. see if there up to it, If its free im sure they will if not, ill pay the fee to represent my team.

Qwan72
Myriad Apocalypes Project

Socks
2012-06-21, 01:12 PM
Great vid. Thank you

Galcyon
2012-06-21, 01:40 PM
New gaming rig arrives tomorrow... if I can get Planetside running on Windows 7 then I will be there!

Bags
2012-06-21, 02:01 PM
If Ps1 does go F2P I better get some of my sub back.

dorgo
2012-06-21, 02:10 PM
Resurgence VS will be there dunno how many yet

Dougnifico
2012-06-21, 02:18 PM
I got chills when it switched to PS2.

Jennyboo
2012-06-21, 02:20 PM
Just finished Watching the Vid.

Damnit, stop making me cry. :/

I know right :cry: great video!

Nobel
2012-06-21, 04:14 PM
Ive added more outfits! Make sure you give me your empire as well!

CardiffGreens
2012-06-21, 04:16 PM
Awesome work on the video, though I now appear to have something in my eyes (tears, salty manly tears! Grr!)

Seeing all those awesome vistas about the place had it all flooding back - really can't believe it was 9 years ago when I was staying up late and saw a gaming show on ITV at 3 am showcasing this awesome new team-based shooter that was online with hundreds of players and had these awesome looking Purple armour-clad trooper running about the place.

It's incredible that so many people are still here talking about it, whatever happens of the sequel, I'll always hold Planetside as possibly the greatest gaming experience I've ever had - for all the foibles and "quirks", it was the players that made it such a great gaming world to be part of.

Oh, and now I'm off to stick the Gladiator OST on loop, been years since I have last listened to it =D

Hamma
2012-06-21, 06:23 PM
Posted as news on PSU and shared out across the social internets.

KALU
2012-06-21, 06:23 PM
Emotional piece. So many memory's

Thank you

Bags
2012-06-21, 06:26 PM
So is a 2 person outfit too small? :confused::confused:

dat feel when you don't count

Geist
2012-06-21, 06:30 PM
I'll resub for this. :D

TR
Archangels
BRTD
Black Window Company
D2A
KDL
TRG

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg

IgloGlass
2012-06-21, 07:03 PM
It's sad watching this video knowing that the "sequel" to this amazing game is going to fail us. :(

And you've based that knowledge out of what personal experience playing it? :groovy:

SnipeGrzywa
2012-06-21, 07:11 PM
Unfortunately I will be 1800 miles away from my computer at that time.
However, talking with outfit, hopefully there will be a few players from Sons of Vanu there. If they are there, one of the guys will officially post later.

Great job on the video guys. Definitely brought me back to the original years and all the good memories. And excellent idea. Thank you so much for coming up and organizing this. Not sure what SOE has in mind, but for the parade portion making 1 of the continents a no fire zone would allow the event to take place with out being nuked by OS's. My 2 cents . . .

I had to re-download a few weeks ago after wiping HDDs, and it only took 30 mins. Remember, 9 year old game here.

And lastly, hoping you (or anyone) are planning on making a video about this event. Since I will be missing it I want to be able to put it on repeat and bask in the memory of the glory days. lol

TheMarz
2012-06-21, 07:23 PM
I'll be there repping no one :o but ill be there either way

Tatwi
2012-06-21, 07:24 PM
That was a very nice video. You put a lot of thought into and it was good to see your friends help you out when shooting it. That captures the spirit of Planetside right there.

Ailos
2012-06-21, 07:27 PM
Count me in. Dunno how many of the Renegades will be there though.

lolroflroflcake
2012-06-21, 07:37 PM
Planetside was one of my very first and to this day remains one of my favourite video games. I wish I had my own outfit to contribute but there is just me and for what its worth I'll be there. To Planetside, the most fun I've had on a computer.

Papscal
2012-06-21, 08:01 PM
Wow that video with the music really made me feel like Mel Gibson in Braveheart. (I BLAME THE **** !!!) But seriously that brought back so many memories. I only hope PS2 can bring us the same effect. That time in which your making epic memories but at the time you have no idea thats whats happening because your so involved in what your doing your just lost in it all.

Transition? If its that good it wont feel like a transition at all.

xSquirtle
2012-06-21, 08:14 PM
Count Love My Scat... (NC) in

SVoyager
2012-06-21, 08:47 PM
Not in an outfit but I'll defenatly be resubing for this!

Awesome video btw, epic level with gal drops and lib carpetbomb while being flailed is awesome. Epic x 1000 with that music and the final with PS2 drop, omg!! Replays vid.

Dreamcast
2012-06-21, 09:08 PM
Is Planetside going to be free for the day?

Or is their a trial account so I can play it?

Noivad
2012-06-21, 09:35 PM
Very Nice Viedo, well thought out, Dangerous Operations Group will be there.

DarkChiron
2012-06-21, 09:36 PM
I really hope that Planetside 2 can keep this kind of dedication from its player base even 10 years after people started playing it.

I'd be there if I could, but I can't justify filling a subscription for it. They were talking about the game becoming F2P, so maybe they'll go ahead and do it in time. (I'm not holding my breath, though)

AwesumEndeavors
2012-06-21, 09:39 PM
I gave all of the information for this event to X-Play. I gave them the video,facebook page, and this forum. Maybe they will put it on the show and really try and get all the veterans back for a goodbye.

DomerPyle
2012-06-21, 09:53 PM
well, given this is a VS-sponsored event, i suppose i'll have to rep TFD.

ISFizz
2012-06-21, 10:07 PM
I'll spread the word to the rest of the Immortal Sovereigns. Of the few of us that still sub to ps1 i'm pretty sure we'll make an appearance.

Aaron
2012-06-21, 10:09 PM
Any mention of what SOE might be doing for us on PS Day? I'll spend $15 to be there, but I don't know if it'll just be free during the event.

Skorne
2012-06-21, 10:18 PM
Amazing vid thank you, sums up my memories of PS1 perfectly. I'll be there on july 1st!

GameCobra
2012-06-21, 10:34 PM
I wish i was able to play this game more, but due to price reasons, i couldn't :(

I also want to get my friends to play this game for one day on July 1st if that's possible. I really hope so as we say goodbye to a missed generation of the game <3

Roidster
2012-06-21, 10:36 PM
9 year vet today,i will be there

RodenyC
2012-06-21, 10:57 PM
That made me tear up.I will be there alongside GoTR as well will be recording the event.

Azovyr
2012-06-21, 11:06 PM
Thanks AT guys, brought back some great memories!

A fitting tribute to an awesome game, enjoyed every moment and you can bet I'll be there on the 1st.

Taru
2012-06-21, 11:23 PM
Not sure in what numbers, but Shadow Assassins (TR) will be there.

AnamNantom
2012-06-21, 11:29 PM
I will be there.

Briq
2012-06-21, 11:29 PM
Nice video. Hopefully SOE can throw us a bone and make PS1 free for the day to help get some momentum going for the PS2 hypetrain.

Frogstomp
2012-06-22, 01:11 AM
Thanks for making that! It was so awesome to re-live those PS experiences through the movie. Until this movie I felt like an addict waiting for his fix. Now I feel like I've signed my papers and I'm re-enlisting for another 9 year tour of duty...Just waiting for my bird to land now. It's going to be grand :).

<s>

mbarrett
2012-06-22, 02:24 AM
New gaming rig arrives tomorrow... if I can get Planetside running on Windows 7 then I will be there!

planetside will run just fine on windows 7 , it will rund just as well as what it did on windows xp

Cuross
2012-06-22, 03:05 AM
*sniff* Beautiful. I will definitely be there, despite my outfit having disbanded :)

Shade Millith
2012-06-22, 03:07 AM
Ya know what?

Fuck it, I'm gonna pay the 15 bucks and re log in for some fun.

DodgeIt
2012-06-22, 03:47 AM
Fight Club ( NC ) Will more than likely making an appearance.
Our guys seem keen :)

UK based personally so hope its at a decent hour... But I can always throw a sickie.....

Shadow Blades
2012-06-22, 03:49 AM
That video brought a tear to my eye.

Magpie
2012-06-22, 04:05 AM
Nice video, bit slow to start off but it's moving for any planetside 1 player. shame it was VS :D.

Ill be there! shame I'm on lates at work! but it's a good thing i live in the UK so i don't miss the party :D

time to fill up the mini fridge stay up all night and kill some VS and TR :evil:

Spoof
2012-06-22, 04:21 AM
Well done, Noble. Can't believe how emotional that video was... nine years and a unique experience does that. The final shot was the perfect segue to PS2 :)

I want to be there, but I think SOE should show some love and grant veterans 1 free day at least. Or weekend :D

ChipMHazard
2012-06-22, 04:31 AM
Great tribute, suprisingly emotional:D

TigerClaw
2012-06-22, 04:56 AM
Fantastic video, put a lump in my throat.

so many memorys of 10 hours fights just to log off and come back on to see the same fight happening.

This was the first MMO i ever played and i got my first job so just i could pay each month for this game.

It definitely had a massive effect on my life. The game will surely be missed by a great number of people.

Kytten
2012-06-22, 04:59 AM

The game runs on Windows 7 however some folks with 64bit have experienced problems when recalling to sanc in that the game crashes for them. It is related the the cache dump not happening and direct x. Pounce from GotR posted on AT's forums with the fix for it. Since she made the post I'll drop it in here and give her thanks and credit for it!

Some users of 64 Bit Windows 7 have the bug where their memory buffer won't dump its cache when recalling to sanct and end up crashing the game on a recall. If you experience this, simply re-install DirectX 9 which has DX8 calls (Service Pack 1 removed some hardware support for DX9 and less games), as well as C++ 2008 and 2010 for 64 Bit Edition. Restart your system, launch the game once (via Run-As-Admin if needed), reset the texture mapping to 256MB and save (in Options of game), and exit the game. When you restart the game, the game's texture dump should now not crash the DirectX memory dump call, and you should be able to recall to sanctuary safely.

Posted as news on PSU and shared out across the social internets.

Thank you very much MrHamma sir :D

basti
2012-06-22, 08:03 AM
Going to add that to nobels OP. :)

Hamma
2012-06-22, 08:32 AM
Any mention of what SOE might be doing for us on PS Day? I'll spend $15 to be there, but I don't know if it'll just be free during the event.

Not as of yet no.

I would not count on a free weekend though.

Mutant
2012-06-22, 08:45 AM
An excellent video and event idea.

As i don't see it on the list yet, i can confirm Blood Legion (TR) will be there.

Cam
2012-06-22, 08:54 AM
Nobel i will be there (putting in the paper work to ask for July2 off.) if i get the 2 of July of in my time Zone i will see you guys there. Nobel good job with the Vid.

V/R
SGTChris NC

Nobel
2012-06-22, 09:12 AM
So is a 2 person outfit too small? :confused::confused:

dat feel when you don't count

Whats your outfit Bags?

Nobel
2012-06-22, 09:18 AM
Outfit List Updated, PLEASE if your outfit isn't posted (Even if you are the only one from it attending) post here. Make sure to tell me your empire as well.

Logri
2012-06-22, 09:26 AM
Goddamn ninja cutting onions around here!!

That was a very well done tribute, makes me glad i'm still playing at this moment.
I'm no longer in an outfit but I know i'll be there during the entire weekend, just depends on the time zone difference if we'll actually meet ^^

Looking forward to it :p

Taru
2012-06-22, 10:32 AM
Great video btw. I'm going to miss those vehicle animations.

Paulus
2012-06-22, 10:35 AM
Add Wolfpack (ex Johari and Marcov) (TR) to that roll call, what few of us remain in contact will be there.

Loyalty 'Til Death.

Paulus1978

RSphil
2012-06-22, 11:00 AM
great vid. looked like good times. lets hope planetside 2 will create great memories and forge new friendships.

let the new battle begin :)

I SandRock
2012-06-22, 11:03 AM
I nearly cried at the end.

Me and Janah will be there representing Purple Valour! (VS)

epicx
2012-06-22, 11:18 AM
http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae353/shakmrocktowing2008/1300/PS.jpg

I threw this together in about 5 min. Thought a flyer for PS farewell would be cool.

Robert089
2012-06-22, 12:18 PM
Sons of the Fallen Nation will be there representing the TR.

It will probably only be me... but I will be there! :D

HelTrooper
2012-06-22, 12:56 PM
First i want to thank you for the great event. To be honest i almost had tears dropping down when i saw the vid and all the great memories came back. The huge battles the poplocks the great fights and all the friends and enemys we made during the last few years.

Thank you so much for the vid and the event.

Ok and now its enough with all the sentimental crap. Its time the roll huge amounts of prowlers and get some huge Max Crashes going. Smurf bashing and fish raping.

Blood Legion will join this event heck i even plan to stay on for 24 hours!

Aaron
2012-06-22, 01:13 PM
Not as of yet no.

I would not count on a free weekend though.

Alright, in that case I'll just subscribe.

SilverWaffles VS (Just username, not an outfit.)

P.S. I know the name is kinda funky. I was only a kid when I made it.

Bags
2012-06-22, 01:37 PM
And my outfit still isn't listed...

maybe we won't show up then.

I resubbed and I already hate the game again. It runs like shit on the lowest settings and everyone remaining plays like shit. Suicides, nothing but plasma, vehicle door camping, team killing as a tank for kills.

:doh:

Was hoping for my $15 worth resub, but lolno. Oh well, I'll be there on the 1st.

Oh, my friend will be there, so you can add outfit "Fun Overload" to TR list if you want.

Nobel
2012-06-22, 01:41 PM

Check the thread above, I don't know what outfit you're in/empire.

Just let me know and Ill add it. :]

Edit: NM I see it now.

Bags
2012-06-22, 01:57 PM
Check the thread above, I don't know what outfit you're in/empire.

Just let me know and Ill add it. :]

Edit: NM I see it now.

Yeah I posted it like five pages back. It used to be like 10 people but I don't have contact info for most of 'em.

FortySe7en
2012-06-22, 02:01 PM
I actually played for a few hours with these guys (TheUnforgotten) the other day. It was really fun getting back into the game, and I can't wait to fight along side them on whatever server we all choose.

As a Sentinel, I respect the power of AT! That's a big deal!

AWP
2012-06-22, 02:29 PM
Heres another video I just finished to help promote Planetside Day!

Planetside Day - July 1st, 2012 - YouTube

Aaron
2012-06-22, 02:33 PM

I don't know about you, but I'd say that being there that one day is worth the $15. This isn't really going to happen any other time.

ChipMHazard
2012-06-22, 02:34 PM
Heres another video I just finished to help promote Planetside Day!

Very nice showcase:D

SkRiGeR
2012-06-22, 02:36 PM
Add "The Peacekeepers" under TR. I will do my best to gather our guys and join!

Nobel
2012-06-22, 02:49 PM
Added Video, and more Outfits.

For those who didnt see, Planetside Day has a news post on TenTonHammer!

http://www.tentonhammer.com/planetside/news/players-rally-former-outfits-to-celebrate-planetside-day

EVILPIG
2012-06-22, 03:11 PM
I've been out of town. You bet your ass I'll be there.

Nobel
2012-06-22, 03:17 PM
I've been out of town. You bet your ass I'll be there.

Really Glad to Hear it! See you there, Adding the Devil Dogs!

basti
2012-06-22, 03:32 PM
Damn, NEws on TTH? This event is really spreading like crazy!

SOE, DO SOMETHING! FREE WEEKEND! GO! :D

Roidster
2012-06-22, 04:51 PM
this video kinda brought a tear to my eye

Streetfighter
2012-06-22, 05:40 PM
I will be there. Good old Ruffnex will be there for the Terran Republic.

Blakein
2012-06-22, 07:18 PM
I guess I'll have to paint the world purple one last time.

Galcyon
2012-06-22, 07:20 PM
The game runs on Windows 7 however some folks with 64bit have experienced problems when recalling to sanc in that the game crashes for them. It is related the the cache dump not happening and direct x. Pounce from GotR posted on AT's forums with the fix for it. Since she made the post I'll drop it in here and give her thanks and credit for it!

Thank you very much MrHamma sir :D
Thanks for the heads up, I've got the client installing now (on my dinner break from work) hope to be able to play when I get back in in a few hours!

ArbitraryDemise
2012-06-22, 09:02 PM
I would like to be there, but I seem to be unable to create an account/start a subscription :/

Oryon22
2012-06-22, 11:18 PM
That video made me way too emotional...

Dudster
2012-06-22, 11:26 PM
Virtual HitMen will be there in a formidable capacity.

Nobel
2012-06-23, 09:52 AM
Outfits added! We've got some event lists lined up for the day well get to you all shortly.

ZaFo711
2012-06-23, 03:11 PM
Hell Yeah, this is an awesome event you guys have planed!

One last big show of support for a game that im sure would of been shut down by now if it played by any other community.

You can count on Disciples of the Apocalypse being there, even if i have to sub half of them myself.

DjStalker
2012-06-23, 04:24 PM
Add Sons of Vanu not sure how many of us there will be been out of touch with a bunch of people for 5 yrs but ill try to get as many as I can.

Link sonsofvanu.com

Fsac
2012-06-23, 09:01 PM
New Dawn If this event is free, New Dawn (NC) will be there! There are about six of us who got together during beta for PS whom still play together on a regular basis to this day.

LZachariah
2012-06-23, 10:54 PM
That was very, very beautiful. Thank you so much for crafting this wonderful goodbye.

~Zachariah

Goldeh
2012-06-24, 03:01 AM
What's the name of the song?

Snipefrag
2012-06-24, 03:06 AM
What's the name of the song?

Its from the Gladiator soundtrack, called 'Now we are free':

♫ Soundtrack - Gladiator - Now We Are Free (with lyric).flv - YouTube

Yes, its an amazing song for an amazing film :).

Goldeh
2012-06-24, 03:19 AM
Was that the song on the first video played on page 1? I mean't the song in the second video below the first one.

Went like..

Dert, Dert, BAP*echo*!....

Or something.

Fsac
2012-06-24, 10:36 AM
Brother, amazing trailer campaign ad.Not one I can take credit for, unfortunately. Back during PS Beta, we had a guy in our outfit who actually worked for a company who put out many of the movie trailers of the day. When it was announced that PSU was going to start up AGN, their radio show, he went and made up a handful of these for PSU itself, as well as a few other outfits to be played as ads.

We actually bumped into the guy again while playing Rift. Small world!

AWP
2012-06-24, 12:47 PM
Was that the song on the first video played on page 1? I mean't the song in the second video below the first one.

Went like..

Dert, Dert, BAP*echo*!....

Or something.

M83 - Lower Your Eyelids to Die with the Sun - YouTube

Atomium
2012-06-25, 05:39 AM
Hi All,

When it's for free I can get some people from the Dutch Rebellion online as well.
Although there is a time zone issue and we will miss some things it would be fun for just one day.
We will meet again in PS2!

Nice idea btw!

Regards,

Atomium
Outfit Leader
Dutch Rebellion

ringring
2012-06-25, 10:23 AM
I hope that the Outcasters decide to come back for this event, I remember you fondly from my Werner days.

:)
Yes, Outcasters will be there!

Preyfr
2012-06-25, 10:28 AM

Preyfr60, the french general of Outcasters will be there, shouting "RETREAT !!!" :lol:
Not sure when during the day as I live in France, tho...
And I shall not be the only one from Outcasters (TR) to be there, so you can add us up.
I'll speak with one of our OL tonight.
EDIT: The outfit leader i thought of is the guy who posted right before me :p

Crazyduckling
2012-06-25, 11:22 AM
Horsemen of Apocalypse (NC) will be there. Small numbers of people, but we'll still show up.

Greenthy
2012-06-25, 11:33 AM
Even though it'll be like 2 AM here:
I'll be there, with or without others form the outfit :)

Btw you should start using UTC instead of GMT:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTC
(Although it's practicly the same, it's the only scientificly standard used and commonly incorperated in the internet)

SuperMorto
2012-06-25, 11:37 AM
Planetside TV will be kicking this all off with our first Empire War.

Then we will carry on covering the day throughout, to capture everything that goes on.

Also watch out for a new event, the Lone Wolf event.

This is going to be a good day!

Nobel
2012-06-25, 11:38 AM
We have our event list for the day almost complete! Expect it to be posted within the coming days!

Nobel
2012-06-25, 11:40 AM
Even though it'll be like 2 AM here:
I'll be there, with or without others form the outfit :)

Btw you should start using UTC instead of GMT:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTC
(Although it's practicly the same, it's the only scientificly standard used and commonly incorperated in the internet)

What outfit are you?

SuperMorto
2012-06-25, 12:31 PM
We have our event list for the day almost complete! Expect it to be posted within the coming days!

And when its done ill put it on the website :D

Cant wait!! :groovy:

Holodoctor
2012-06-25, 03:50 PM
All these years of playing Planetside, and only now I registered here, just for this event.
(although I've been reading PSU for a long time)

So I'm here to announce, that the 5th Regiment (NC, ex-Werner) will most likely show up.
We are still debating it and try to figure who has time and is willing to resubscribe.

Oafley
2012-06-26, 07:35 AM
=C22=-K (TR) A few of us from old Catch Twenty Two re-subscribed last month. We'll be there.

CardiffGreens
2012-06-26, 09:44 AM
Just realised this is kicking off on Monday morning in the UK (well, midnight - but you know what I mean), might need to book the day off =P

Have been on a couple of times this week - funny driving about in an ANT to all the old places and listening to all the music - funny how I've not played much in years, but now have the urge to get on more since it might not be there much longer =D

basti
2012-06-26, 10:15 AM
Join PlanetSide Day!

Can’t wait for the launch of PlanetSide 2 Beta? Itching for some action? Pass the time and start honing your skills again in PlanetSide 1! The community is returning to Auraxis this Sunday, July 1st, in celebration of PlanetSide Day. In support of this monumental occasion, starting this week, SOE is granting 30 days of free game time to every former PlanetSide player who has ever had an active subscription!

If you need to download PlanetSide 1, head to our Get The Game page, find PlanetSide 1, and click Reinstall. We can’t wait to see everyone back!

source: http://www.planetside2.com/news/june-2012-producers-letter-beta

Guys, SPAM this into everyone face!

Baneblade
2012-06-26, 10:16 AM
War Machine will be representing.

NC Markov

Saifoda
2012-06-26, 10:32 AM
I'm going to be travelling back home (I'm in Boston for a year while my girlfriend does service work for inner city youth) and won't be near my usual equipment. I'm going to spend July 1st at home, getting re-upped for this event, and playing with my 666 devil dog brothers for this event. I started playing this game when I was 14. I'm now 23, a combat veteran of Iraq, and I've never been so excited about something before. That second video was really moving, honestly. +1 for sure. Looking forward to this.

SkRiGeR
2012-06-26, 11:00 AM
We should also point out to have everyone jump on the public TS so we can organize a bit better.

Francko
2012-06-26, 11:05 AM
Thank you @mhigby and all of SOE for giving every Planetside player 30 days free -- you guys are the best!

Everyone -- get those spam machines running and email all your old outfit members. About 5,000 of you will be getting emails from AT over the next few days!

Happy Planetside Day!

Kytten
2012-06-26, 11:06 AM
A massive thank you to every single member of this community for coming together and making this work! On the same note. Thank you so much to SOE and PSU for supporting the community and the event.

I cannot think of any other community in the gaming industry to date where this could be arranged by the PLAYERS themselves and I think every single on of us deserves a pat on the back for contributing towards that.

So show your appreciation to Sony
Show your appreciation to PSU
Show your appreciation to our Devs and CSR's
and lastly show your appreciation to each other by killing the enemy :groovy:

I hope we have a great day and I hope we get the events done respectfully.

For land. For power. Forever! See you guys Planetside
Kytten x
Azure Twilight Officer

Xyntech
2012-06-26, 11:34 AM
Thank you all, developers and the community alike. This thing should be a blast.

Nobel
2012-06-26, 12:05 PM
Now no Former has an excuse... If your outfit isnt listed... TELL ME, I really want to have a registrar of outfits for this event.

BiocYte
2012-06-26, 01:21 PM
Obsidian Empire (TR) will be there.

Briq
2012-06-26, 01:40 PM
any info on what time this week our accounts will become active? They haven't yet.

Nobel
2012-06-26, 01:41 PM
Sometime this week. FULL EVENT SCHEDULE WILL BE POSTED SHORTLY.