PDA

View Full Version : New Combat Spaces

Pillar of Armor
2012-06-20, 01:27 PM
After watching all of the E3 footage and other demonstrations, I've seen new terrain and territories that have made me very excited. I'm looking forward to fights at outposts (the bases that looked like small encampments rather than towers from PS1), canyon battles, and am stoked to see plenty of bridges again (bridge battles were my fav).

Also, that huge bowl/crater in the middle Indar looks like it will make for some interesting open space combat. The tank battles around that thing should be awesome.

Are there any new combat spaces you are looking forward to or old ones you are happy to see again?

Meriv
2012-06-20, 01:30 PM
The assault to the high NC terrain (climbing that part will be a living hell) and hoping that i will never have, to defend a canyon.

I am not going to fight at all in the Vs terrain i don't like it :(

willaguy
2012-06-20, 02:08 PM
Yeah since I'm VS I wonder what advantages and disadvantages my starting terrain will have. But I want to see some gameplay from a bio-lab most of all.

Meriv
2012-06-20, 03:41 PM
Yeah since I'm VS I wonder what advantages and disadvantages my starting terrain will have. But I want to see some gameplay from a bio-lab most of all.

You get the desert that means it is a flat thing or without a lot of obstacles soo this will benefit your tanks and airplanes since they have more agile and your guns that with no bullet drop will have an easier time sniping in the desert with no place to hide

Synapse
2012-06-20, 03:44 PM
You get the desert that means it is a flat thing or without a lot of obstacles soo this will benefit your tanks and airplanes since they have more agile and your guns that with no bullet drop will have an easier time sniping in the desert with no place to hide

Its the opposite actually. Open spaces favor speedy vehicles that hit fairly hard, like the TR.

VS maneuverability and slow speed calls for forests and hills where we can duck in an out of places that other vehicles cant.

I don't really understand why we're being given maneuverable vehicles and nothing to maneuver around.

Dagron
2012-06-20, 03:58 PM
Since i haven't played the original, i'm excited to play anywhere. I'm curious to see how the numbers will make a difference in all kinds of spaces.

Though something is bugging me a little: i saw a bunch of narrow corridors in PS1 videos but not so many in PS2 videos... that makes me wonder if there will be any close quarters areas like that.

Rexdezi
2012-06-20, 04:07 PM
I wanna see a city... it will favour the VS most, but I don't care! I think it would be cool as hell!

Ailos
2012-06-20, 04:25 PM
Looking forward to the canyons, personally. PS1 didn't really have canyons, and the only place that had real vertical gameplay was Annwyn cavern (which was my favorite), but it being a cavern, everything looks too blingy and you can't use all vehicles either.

Soothsayer
2012-06-20, 04:36 PM
Hossin swamps are a lot of fun for light vehicles.

Arovien
2012-06-20, 04:43 PM
I'd love to see combat spaces with lots of vegetation, sparkled with man-made structures.

Open spaces will probably be my least fav. Diversity is always welcomed tho.

Professor Frink
2012-06-20, 04:51 PM
I think we can all agree that the thing we are most looking forward to are the underground caverns they will add later through an expansion. I'm sure they will be highly populated all the time. =)

Sephirex
2012-06-20, 04:58 PM
I think we can all agree that the thing we are most looking forward to are the underground caverns they will add later through an expansion. I'm sure they will be highly populated all the time. =)

I'm also looking forward to full-sized mech suits and highly irregular disasters that may or may not involve bending!

Vydofnir
2012-06-20, 07:35 PM
I can't wait to see massive tank battles across wide open wastelands that bottleneck into narrow canyons where enemies are waiting in ambush behind every corner, coordinated infantry assaults on outposts in the hills surrounding a massive enemy stronghold, or close quarters battles in cramped corridors that open up to reveal the lush indoor vegetation of a bio-lab. The fact that all this would account for only a tiny fraction of what a single continent has to offer is truly awe-inspiring.

With regards to combat spaces, PS2 looks to be able to provide the sort of variety and complexity one would expect from an entire single player campaign in only a couple seamless hours of gameplay.