PDA

View Full Version : Screen going black for a few seconds.hELP

Artimus
2012-06-24, 09:35 PM
Okay before I begin I have a Radeon HD 7900 Its not my monitor for I have plugged a different monitor and still the same problem. All my drivers are fully up to date and it does not do it while I am gaming, just when I have my desktop or other applications open.

Basically the screen will go black for 3-5 seconds before going back my monitor does not shut off just looses the picture. I have been looking around the internet and have seen similar problems any one have any insight of what it might be? :huh:

Since it does not effect my gaming I'm not crazy worried but it is still a nu sense.

Goku
2012-06-24, 10:57 PM
Are you doing anything actively before the screen goes black? If not the monitor maybe entering sleep mode.

Artimus
2012-06-24, 11:09 PM
yeah while I am in the middle of web browsing usually that's the only time I see it happening is when I have Google Chrome open.

Goku
2012-06-24, 11:13 PM
Is the monitor falling asleep disabled? If not do that. See if that does anything.

Only other issues is that it maybe driver related. If its not the falling asleep issue try rolling back a release or two to see if that solves anything.

Vancha
2012-06-25, 01:07 AM
I was going to suggest it might be something to do with ZeroCore power, but that only seems to affect Crossfire or sleep states. Still, I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with your card powering down some, when it's not needed?

Does this happen in other browsers? See if the same thing happens in Firefox.

Ieyasu
2012-06-25, 01:29 AM
any errors or driver crashes being showin in your event viewer?

Ailos
2012-06-25, 10:25 AM
Does it go black and return on its own, or do you have to press a key or move the mouse? If the latter, disable the sleep state (or increase the timeout in Screen Saver settings).

Deice
2012-06-28, 07:47 PM
Same thing happens here. GTX 570 Not a sleep or power problem. My Internet browser (IE or FF) is open when it occurs. GPU hardware acceleration problem with win 7 and browser maybe? No video signal (black screen) then comes back on its own in less than a sec. Nothing in admin about crashes/errors. Has never occurred in game... only desktop. Weird

Artimus
2012-06-29, 12:33 PM
yea like this ^^^ It will happen on my desktop also but never in game, I disabled sleep mode so Its not that. Screen goes out, then kicks back in a second or two later.. doesn't say NO SIGNAL just goes black monitor is still on.

Goku
2012-06-29, 01:29 PM
Have you tried other driver versions?

ziegler
2012-06-29, 03:43 PM
Anything showing up in event viewer?

Have you done the usual malwarebytes scan?

Did this just start recently?

Add any new programs or updates to the unit?

Ieyasu
2012-06-29, 07:11 PM
Anything showing up in event viewer?

wondered that myself as it can remove a whole lot of speculation from the start with regards to troubleshooting problems like this.

OP Have you checked your event viewer to see if it is showing any errors or problems?

Artimus
2012-07-05, 10:51 AM
Sorry havent checked this in a while kinda gave up on it, event viwer eh? Never knew there was such a thing (i learn as I go) ill check it today and see whats up thx.

haywire
2012-07-08, 11:44 AM
I have a PC with an ATi card at work that does this sometimes, only seems to be certain driver versions though, rolling back a couple usually fixes it.
That and switching off the ATi Hot Key Poller service.