PDA

View Full Version : How does target identification work on common pool vehicles

Shinjorai
2012-06-26, 03:50 AM
Some friends and I were talking earlier and something occured to me. The common pool vehicles such as the liberator and the galaxy are shared between empires. Okay and they allow for custom camo patterns etc. If theres no color coding of the vehicles and friendly fire is on all the time. How will we be able to tell friendly vehicles from enemys that fall in those common pool types. Im assuming theyll have some sort of indicator, but if its not shape or color, what will it be? Because youll be going pretty fast as a fighter pilot etc and i just see a lot of potential TKing going on. Im sure they have this worked out i just wasnt able to figure out how. Does anybody know how this is going to work? I know too they said that even with the camo patterns there will still be some basic empire colors but still thats gonna be hard to see when youre in a fighter craft doing barrel rolls weaving and bobbing etc in combat.

Anyways, just a thought and something i was curious about.

Otleaz
2012-06-26, 03:55 AM
I think they said something about common pool vehicles having only faction color specific camo patterns, such as purple and teal zebra stripes. It should be plenty.

PredatorFour
2012-06-26, 03:58 AM
Shoot targets with red name(enemy). Don`t shoot targets with green name (friendly)

Shinjorai
2012-06-26, 04:03 AM
I think they said something about common pool vehicles having only faction color specific camo patterns, such as purple and teal zebra stripes. It should be plenty.

Well this was kindve the image i was going by,

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/totalbiscuit?before=1337921932

If they do it like youre talking about thats great, but do you kinda see what i mean here? its not very much red, im asuming that ones TR. Either way i guess well see in beta, not a big deal, just something i was thinking about. Thanks for the reply.

SKYeXile
2012-06-26, 04:04 AM
Shoot targets with red name(enemy). Don`t shoot targets with green name (friendly)

they wont have red names/markers until you q spam them, id hope friendlys all get a friendly marker above their head or its gonna be a greif fest.

Toppopia
2012-06-26, 04:04 AM
There will be a marker above a unit to show friendly, and no marker to show enemy, so if you don't see anything, shoot!

jabber
2012-06-26, 04:10 AM
Well this was kindve the image i was going by,

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/totalbiscuit?before=1337921932

If they do it like youre talking about thats great, but do you kinda see what i mean here? its not very much red, im asuming that ones TR. Either way i guess well see in beta, not a big deal, just something i was thinking about. Thanks for the reply.

it's alpha texture. it will be faction specific stribes in the final game.
source: E3 day 3 somewhere near the end.

Vreki
2012-06-26, 04:15 AM
There will be a marker above a unit to show friendly, and no marker to show enemy, so if you don't see anything, shoot!

As longs as the friendly tag actually shows up, and is t missing due to lag /bugs / distance
Or the enemy appears to have a tag, but it is actually from a friendly somewhere behind him
Or you are in the middle of a gigantic CQB with friends and foes everywhere.

I have tried games where you have to rely on friendly tags, and it sucks

Otleaz
2012-06-26, 04:52 AM
Really, they need to just remove "common pool" and add faction specific version of each of those vehicles so we don't have a terrible gimmick like name tags. It is so great when you need to personally identify whether or not someone is a friend or foe.

Knotz
2012-06-26, 04:52 AM
There are some red markings on that Loverator... perhaps for Barney and Smurf that red part will be Purple/Blue?

ChipMHazard
2012-06-26, 05:02 AM
They will of course have a faction specific colour scheme, no matter what kind of camo you use, anything else would just be silly.

Solidblock
2012-06-26, 05:06 AM
I agree, they should make faction specific vehicles of the same sort, however I do like the lore of Nanite Systems and in doing this SOE would have to spend so much time on it! I'd rather them just release the beta and do it later through their first big patch or something.

Mechzz
2012-06-26, 05:09 AM
I generally find that hovering my gun sight on the target gives me the required information :D:D:D

It also reduces my TTK quite considerably.......

Canaris
2012-06-26, 05:27 AM
shoot them all and let the rebirth tech sort it out!

willaguy
2012-06-26, 07:59 AM
Actually it will be color coded.