PDA

View Full Version : EU/NA servers and support

Maniox
2012-06-26, 09:43 AM
I've been searching a little lately and found out that some third party named Alaplaya/ProSieben would be handling the EU servers, and i assume that SOE themselves will handle the NA servers.
How will this work for the EU community? SOE will still be in charge of the microtransactions etc, there wont be some crappy third-party customer service that doesn't respond to anything?

This worries me, as i would prefer to use SOE's own services but latency is an issue for me.

Does anyone have any information on this?

Shogun
2012-06-26, 09:47 AM
the company is actually pro7sat1 i think. but alaplaya was a part of this company.

nobody knows how their support will be, but they are hosting a lot of quality games right now, so i hope they get it right.

the servers themselfes are going to be hosted by soe, so no problem with late updates.

the ps2 project manager from pro7sat1 is a member of this community and has already responded to some concerns. look for posts by brollywood ;)

Astrok
2012-06-26, 09:48 AM
I've been searching a little lately and found out that some third party named Alaplaya/ProSieben would be handling the EU servers, and i assume that SOE themselves will handle the NA servers.
How will this work for the EU community? SOE will still be in charge of the microtransactions etc, there wont be some crappy third-party customer service that doesn't respond to anything?

This worries me, as i would prefer to use SOE's own services but latency is an issue for me.

well i kno alaplaya ...they have a few games and i must say i dont like this to come true. but we will see.

Maniox
2012-06-26, 09:49 AM
the company is actually pro7sat1 i think. but alaplaya was a part of this company.

nobody knows how their support will be, but they are hosting a lot of quality games right now, so i hope they get it right.

the servers themselfes are going to be hosted by soe, so no problem with late updates.

the ps2 project manager from pro7sat1 is a member of this community and has already responded to some concerns. look for posts by brollywood ;)

Thanks, cant wait for this game :)

Shogun
2012-06-26, 09:50 AM
if pro7games does as much for the support as they do for advertising, we are set.
they spam some really nice tv spots about their new games in germany. all the time in every ad block.

Maniox
2012-06-26, 09:54 AM
Found a post from Brollywood

I just wanted to drop back in and reassure everyone that we're still hard at work here with PlanetSide 2 in Europe.

One thing I can point out is that the game won't be integrated into Alaplaya site, it will have its own stand-alone website that will be handled by ProSiebenSat1 Games.

Many additional people, myself included, have been hired here to support PlanetSide 2 and the other SOE titles. We're passionate gamers who understand your concerns and we want to make sure you will have the best experience possible. Your queries and concerns definitely don't go unheard.

Personally I'm really excited to be working as part of such an awesome project and can't wait to see you all in-game. As long as you're Vanu :-p

We'll be bringing more details shortly! Thanks for all your patience so far.

Seems like we are indeed set, go pro on your support sieben and spam those ads, and PS2 will be a god among MMO's

Zation
2012-06-26, 10:00 AM
Basicly Pro7 gonna do everything but host/manage the servers on the EU side.

So your forced to have a Pro7 account, and you will be buying stuff from Pro7 and not SOE. They will also handle support etc.

This is still huge issue for me, even more so that we still havent heard anything about the so called solution to the crossserver problem etc.

All the MMOs ive played that have had thirdparty support/account, have sucked big on the support and generel treatment of players in the EU. I hope this wont be the case but, tbh nothing ive seen so far have convinced me otherwise.

Shogun
2012-06-26, 10:04 AM
too lazy to dig it up, but i am sure they stated that everybody will be able to choose the server he likes, no matter if eu or us.

MCYRook
2012-06-26, 10:06 AM
if pro7games does as much for the support as they do for advertising, we are set.
they spam some really nice tv spots about their new games in germany. all the time in every ad block.
Do they? I wouldn't know, I don't watch regular TV, but if the German customer base gets some proper PS2 exposure, that'll be a huge improvement. Games magazines over here tend to silently overlook any actually interesting game, happened with PS1 as well.

(Not particularly fond of many of my fellow countrymen's attitude in games, but more people is always good. :groovy: )

Shogun
2012-06-26, 10:12 AM
Do they? I wouldn't know, I don't watch regular TV, but if the German customer base gets some proper PS2 exposure, that'll be a huge improvement. Games magazines over here tend to silently overlook any actually interesting game, happened with PS1 as well.

(Not particularly fond of many of my fellow countrymen's attitude in games, but more people is always good. :groovy: )

yep ps1 had absolutely no media coverage in germany, so this is a real improvement.
the spots are on pro7,sat1 and tele5 at least. donĀ“t watch many other channels.

they got s4l, battlefield heroes,drakensang online,need for speed and several other spots going.

Maniox
2012-06-26, 10:15 AM
too lazy to dig it up, but i am sure they stated that everybody will be able to choose the server he likes, no matter if eu or us.

Yeah there wont be region locks, it's confirmed.

I dont want to buy stuff from ProSieben :/
I'd rather use SOE's station cash.

Shogun
2012-06-26, 10:39 AM
Yeah there wont be region locks, it's confirmed.

I dont want to buy stuff from ProSieben :/
I'd rather use SOE's station cash.

me too, but it has been confirmed that station cash will carry over to your pro7 account. so i stockpiled some stationcash in advance, to honor the devs more or less directly ;)

Mastachief
2012-06-26, 11:18 AM

A German games magazine has already started to rip into Planetside2.

Why those chose a German company is beyond me.

i see you naked
2012-06-26, 11:23 AM
i find it highly funny, cant sub/buy ps1 anymore because of this crap

ThGlump
2012-06-26, 11:31 AM
I really wait to see how much service they take over from SOE. My fear is that they will provide ingame moderation and hacker hunting. With Alaplaya being plagued by cheaters (from what i can find about their games), it worries me they would be in charge of hacker prevention in EU. Lets hope that SOE managed servers mean SOE driven hacker hunters.

Cash shop was mentioned to be handled by Pro7 with their own currency. Its sad, i really wanted premium subscription and buy some camo, but i will play PS2 purely F2P - I dont support parasites.

i see you naked
2012-06-26, 11:33 AM
really ? no station cash?

no way im gonna spend a single cent for that pro7 crap

Canaris
2012-06-26, 11:34 AM
Cash shop was mentioned to be handled by Pro7 with their own currency. Its sad, i really wanted premium subscription and buy some camo, but i will play PS2 purely F2P - I dont support parasites.

umm you know that SOE partnered with Pro7 to run their European game, which will save SOE a huge amount of money trying to set up there own European division, it makes perfect business sense. So who are these parasites your talking about?

Azovyr
2012-06-26, 12:08 PM
This brings back bad memories of DAoC of which the European company running the game, GoA, was terrible and their support barely existed.

Hoping for the best though.

ThGlump
2012-06-26, 12:09 PM
Well taking over the only source of the income from the game, while providing only customer support (even advertising is for them so you cant say they do it for soe) and trying for exclusivity (hope thats sorted out thanks to huge player backlash) that looks like a ripoff.
And even customer support is usually subpar when some company try to do this. All they can do is about their account and basic stuff. All serious problems are usually pretty delayed by another layer of communication as they dont have deeper knowledge of inside of the game. EU forums will be waste of time, all information and dev communication will be on US. Look at every game that give EU release to another company and even if they do separate EU forums while keeping it under same company (Blizzard games) (well see if EU can atleast post on US servers).
So yea. Splitting community, forcing us to their new accounts, forcing us to their own cash shop (who know % soe get from it), while providing only basic customer support? I call them parasites.

RSphil
2012-06-26, 12:23 PM
im not too keen on this either. id rather keep everything soe and play on eu servers. never heard of the company that is gona handle the Eu side of things and the worries me to start with. i dont see why soe can handle the EU side of things like every other game. WoW, guild wars 2 , even stuff like battlefield are all run by their mother companies.

i can see this becoming a big cluster f*$k, i have station cash saved for planetside and not keen on having to transfare it to this other company.
so atm not to happy with the EU side of things

etheral
2012-06-26, 12:42 PM
Gotta say, I'm not very happy about it either. I'm certainly not going to transfer my account stuff to Pro7 (I'll make a new one) or give them any money whatsoever until they show that they are good for the game and the community. Like others here, I cant think of a single instance of a third party handling accounts/support being good for the customer.

Also, their contract with SOE has a "provide unique content" clause, which could potentially open the door for Pay to Win on the EU servers. Hopefully the fact that servers wont be locked will have made that impossible.

Canaris
2012-06-26, 12:47 PM
This brings back bad memories of DAoC of which the European company running the game, GoA, was terrible and their support barely existed.

Hoping for the best though.

Pro7 isn't GoA, they've already taken over running of SOEs DCUO & EQ without any trouble.
SOE controls what goes onto the shop so your "they'll just add P2W" Etheral, is complete bullshit paranoia

I really should just let Brollywood handle this and refain from knocking your thick skulls together.

etheral
2012-06-26, 12:55 PM
Pro7 isn't GoA, they've already taken over running of SOEs DCUO & EQ without any trouble.
SOE controls what goes onto the shop so your "they'll just add P2W" Etheral, is complete bullshit paranoia

I really should just let Brollywood handle this and refain from knocking your thick skulls together.

Perhaps. That doesn't change the fact that they have to EARN player trust.

I guess im just cynical after getting dicked over by mmo companies over the years. Its much easier to assume that they are assholes until they prove themselves otherwise.

I guess my views boil down to Better the Devil You Know

Rago
2012-06-26, 01:16 PM

ALSO

really ? no station cash?

no way im gonna spend a single cent for that pro7 crap

I held correspondence with Pro7, they Said my Staion cash will be Transferred to the Pro7 Account once it changes, with everything in it.

SirVoorhees
2012-06-26, 01:37 PM
Hmm i feel the same as many have posted here, that im a bit worried about other company are running servers and support. As already mentioned, GOA comes to my mind. And how they did with our support and server patches in DaoC. And i don't want that to happed PS2.

Will we at EU have 24/7 365days support "IN GAME" ?

So we can get our hands on a GM if needed, to take action agents cheaters and other bad players? That's one thing that worries me a lot.

Will EU have the same server hardware setup as NA?

I'm worried that we don't get the same server hardware setup as NA gets, that CAN affect our game experience in many ways with bugs,lag etc.

Will we have to wait on any translation patches on EU? As have occurred in other games.

I cross my fingers that we don't get any of they problem i have mentioned above

Sorry for any bad English but it's not my first language :)

Maniox
2012-06-26, 02:28 PM
By the way, SOE is still in charge of what goes onto the cash shop? If ProSieben starts putting up mininukelaz0rguns that pwns everything the outrage is going to go unmatched until the final day of mankind

ThGlump
2012-06-26, 02:51 PM
I dont think whey would put anything super powerful to cash shop. They cant do that. Coding will be still in SOE hands. So thats safe. Where it could differ greatly is support. US could end mostly clean, and EU become hacker-fest (or other way around). That will be the big difference - how will they hunt them down and keep servers clear. And there i trust more SOE as they spend years creating it and love that game, than Pro7 as they get to final product, threating it as any other game in their list (and they are not that clear at all)

MCYRook
2012-06-26, 02:55 PM
Well, I wasn't too happy to read about Pro7Sat1 (who run some of the biggest private cable TV stations in Germany) handle MY precious Planetside with some gaming sub-company.

However, look at it this way: SOE's neglect of the EU server was LEGENDARY in PS1. The server sucked compared to NA, and oftentimes the only GM attention we'd get once in a week was Brewko logging in - not to take care about the rampant cheaters, but to launch some meteor showers or a stupid-ass Black Ops "event" on a random continent. :doh:

I'm not saying it can't get any worse, because it can. :D But it's not like SOE has a very good track record about EU customer service in Planetside.

ThGlump
2012-06-26, 03:01 PM
The server sucked compared to NA

Hey dont insult Werners hamster. It was hard work for him :D

Btw i not pissed that they are doing customer support. I expected that theyll do that. Im pissed they forcing me to their account and their cash shop.