PDA

View Full Version : Locking the door for your tank. No stealing vehicles.

Goldeh
2012-06-28, 09:07 PM
Imagine this.

You're in a tank, you took some damage, you get out to repair. Out of the blue, comes an ally who swoops in and steals your tank..the new owner dies in the unrepaired tank, and you just lost 150 whatvs points for that tank.

You know it's gonna happen. Thus, lock the doors Higby.

kadrin
2012-06-28, 09:10 PM
Hopefully locking and squad locking vehicles is a returning feature.

Sledgecrushr
2012-06-28, 09:11 PM
Yeah good idea, if you can set who is allowed in your tank through the squad/outfit window I think this would work.

TAA
2012-06-28, 09:12 PM
I think enemies should be allowed to steal your vehicles, but only you should be able to take the drivers seat on a vehicle your purchased.

The Kush
2012-06-28, 09:42 PM
Lots of threads already created about this..

But yes I agree

Zidane
2012-06-28, 11:46 PM
I think enemies should be allowed to steal your vehicles, but only you should be able to take the drivers seat on a vehicle your purchased.

I agree!

Bags
2012-06-28, 11:56 PM
Hey, lets make threads asking for confirmed features! woo

FPClark
2012-06-29, 12:42 AM

QFT

OP :google: is a thing ;P

PhoenixDog
2012-06-29, 01:14 AM
This x1000

Night
2012-06-29, 02:51 AM
Imagine this.

You're in a tank, you took some damage, you get out to repair. Out of the blue, comes an ally who swoops in and steals your tank..the new owner dies in the unrepaired tank, and you just lost 150 whatvs points for that tank.

As people already answered. You can lock you vehicle to yourselves, squad and open to your empire. You can also kick people out of it if you are tired of them.

Vanu Techpriest
2012-06-29, 02:57 AM
What they really need is some sort of vehicle that can defy gravity and lift itself up off the ground using space magic. It would be like a tank only not on the ground but in the air!

Get on it Higby.

TAA
2012-06-29, 03:11 AM
As people already answered. You can lock you vehicle to yourselves, squad and open to your empire. You can also kick people out of it if you are tired of them.

Wait a second. You can kick people out of your galaxy transport? In mid-flight?

That cant be right. It has too much obvious griefing potential.

SztEltviz
2012-06-29, 03:41 AM

It's same as PS1. Yes a few idiot will do a few times, then they will realize
they can't see or hear the rage of the dropped guys, coz they away, so they will be bored, and will stop it.

Arovien
2012-06-29, 03:51 AM
Some kind of locking feature has to be in the game. Simple to understand and implement.

Baneblade
2012-06-29, 08:17 AM

It is pretty useful when a random jumps in a gunspot and insists on giving away your position with tracer fire. I've sacrificed more than one virgin to the volcano gods on Searhus.

sylphaen
2012-06-29, 08:19 AM
This is not Battlefield/WoW Battlegrounds/UT. That feature exists in Planetside since 2003 !
:D

Vreki
2012-06-29, 08:20 AM

I would be too easy for cloakers if the could just jump into a vehicle and speed away.
The PS1 hack mechanism worked nicely.

Kurtz
2012-06-29, 08:32 AM

You don't want this. In BF3 I call it the sombraro dance. When two enemies with RPGs are standing around a tank at 20%. Interesting things happen.

TAA
2012-06-29, 08:52 AM
I would be too easy for cloakers if the could just jump into a vehicle and speed away.

Hacking an enemy vehicle to take control of it after it has been abandoned is even better!

Verruna
2012-06-29, 10:21 AM

Yep, if enemies can steal vehicles you purchased with resources the very least they have to do is "pick the lock" to your ride. No insta stealing vehicle cloakers please.

Dairian
2012-06-29, 11:18 AM
Did anyone else watch family guy last week?

Wayside
2012-06-29, 11:51 AM
Imagine this.

Agreed. Especially since you have to buy each vehicle with resources now.

That said, whats the current word on hacking vehicles? Terminals? Tubes? Seems like the devs get a bit dodgey when those questions are asked. You start getting answers like "to some extent" or "sort of". o_o

vVRedOctoberVv
2012-06-29, 12:00 PM
It is pretty useful when a random jumps in a gunspot and insists on giving away your position with tracer fire. I've sacrificed more than one virgin to the volcano gods on Searhus.

Hah, yeah. I can see that happening :)

gufftroad
2012-06-29, 12:21 PM
pretty sure they already mentioned locking and kicking and i hope they put in ps1 hacking into the game as it was fairly balanced i feel

bullet
2012-06-29, 12:25 PM
Pointless thread. This feature was already in PS1, they would be taking steps backwards if they didn't implement this feature.

This thread only applies if you think the devs are retarded...

Sledgecrushr
2012-06-29, 12:26 PM
I want an awesome car alarm on my ride, it would say " step away from the tank"

Stew
2012-06-29, 12:35 PM
Kinda agree but also the game frontlines fuel war as a very interesting features about the gunners seat etc... sometime its not you who drive but you team up with a friends and then a idiots come and take the seat so you cant do anything in Bf3 for a exemple

In frontlines fuel wars, you ad the power to kick out anyones from your tank i think having this kind of features for 2 and 3 seat vehicules will be a nice feature as well !

Baneblade
2012-06-29, 01:33 PM

'I've fallen and I can't get uuuuuppppp...'

Goldeh
2012-06-29, 01:44 PM

Ya my bad, only after posting it did I find it online.. but in my defense, the thread list of already made threads that pop up when making a thread didn't show any Anti-stealing vehicle threads. I also never played PS1 so. Iunno what was in or not in.

Also, iunno, is there a cache of confirmed features in PS2 somewhere in PSU?

wOOtbEEr
2012-06-29, 03:38 PM

It also needs to give that little chirp and make the headlights flash when you get out.

Virulence
2012-06-29, 03:47 PM

Pele is still going to demand a sacrifice.

Baneblade
2012-06-29, 04:17 PM
Pele is still going to demand a sacrifice.

That whore gets the Sunderers dumb enough to ride in my Lodestar.