PDA

View Full Version : Firefox and PriceBlink

Deezy
2012-07-20, 12:53 PM
I'm not a huge fan of having a lot of addons in my browser. But I do have 3, one of which is PriceBlink. I can't count the amount of times before I started using it early this year that I overspent on an item, especially components.

Now days, when I find a product on NewEgg I can instantly see if it's available for less on another site and if it also offers free shipping, etc., through PriceBlink. Couple that with new customer discounts (I use new emails all the time for these discounts), and you've got a very powerful savings tool. Granted I only look @ vendors on PriceBlink that I've purchased from before or quickly googled reviews of to subjectively rate their reputability.

I find it very useful when trying to save money. I understand that NewEgg does have the whole "customer service" thing, but if you're ok w/ RMAing to a manufacturer "just in case", then I highly recommend you look into PriceBlink as a shopping tool.

Jesus, I feel like I sound like my mom now, offering money saving suggestions and shit :lol:.

Vancha
2012-07-20, 01:01 PM
Is it better than PCPartPicker / Google Shopping?

Deezy
2012-07-20, 01:33 PM
Is it better than PCPartPicker / Google Shopping?

It's a little bit different as it adds a bar to your browser, but only on shopping websites. It's not a stand alone website. For example, I LOVE Newegg for the video reviews and user reviews. I like the layout and search functions.

Once I find something I like, I click the dropdown menu on the addon and it'll automatically display other prices. Here's a picture to illustrate (just clicked a link from you in the "I want to build me a new computer" post in the PSU tech forum):
http://s17.postimage.org/ldut6n80f/Price_Blink.png
(right click>view image)
From here I can click one of the vendors from the drop down and in new tab it'll open up the page for that same item on the diff site.

Also, it is available for Chrome and IE.

Vancha
2012-07-20, 02:31 PM
I know how it's different, I meant does it come up with the cheapest option? For example, the UK version of pcpartpicker doesn't include results from certain legitimate sites that Google shopping does, so even though it's easier, it still doesn't give you the best deal.

How does this compare, as far as finding the best deal?

Deezy
2012-07-20, 02:41 PM
It's US only. Lol probably should've mentioned that:D

Vancha
2012-07-20, 02:51 PM
Like getting blood from a stone...